PDA

View Full Version : No disrespect intended if you work for the U.S. Post Office

Darrell KSR
02-14-2013, 11:58 AM
But geez... I have about had it with them.

Ordered a product in December. Product is hand-made, take about 4 weeks before it is produced and shipped. Nice individual businessman, retired Los Angeles policeman has the business. Corresponded with him directly, he called me on New Year's Eve to let me know he had received my order, appreciated it, and that it would take about four weeks, but that he would let me know via email and Stamps.com when it was shipped with tracking numbers.

Perfect. Great service.

Just about four weeks later, I received an email as he said it would, with shipment information, and tracking number. Tracked it, and boom, delivered to my Post Office box. Great.

I go to the Post Office. No package.

I figure, "well, it may be in the facility, but not at my box yet." That's Friday.

Saturday comes, and I have my own theory that they run a skeleton crew on Saturday, and rarely do I receive anything on Saturday. So no surprise that it's not there then.

Monday, no package.
Tuesday, no package.
Wednesday, no package. I let them know and they file a report.
Thursday, I receive a call--they are "looking" for the package. They haven't found it. But they did find two "old packages" of mine while they were looking for that one.

I go back to the Post Office--had been by already today--and retrieve the two packages. One was there since NOVEMBER, and the other since DECEMBER. Two Christmas presents in the bunch.

My wife told me that she had torn the house apart, sure that she had received it from Amazon, and just couldn't find it. Neither was a huge deal, and I guess she figured it would turn up sometime. The other was a HALLOWEEN costume ordered for my 13-year old.

Meanwhile, I let the guy know to be on the lookout in case it was shipped back to him. It shouldn't be; it claims it was "delivered," but you never know.

Ridiculous. None of the items are that expensive, but just ridiculous that the service is that poor.

CitizenBBN
02-14-2013, 12:13 PM
I despise using USPS. I have to for handguns thanks to the rules at UPS/FedEx but I despise it. Bought a used laptop some years ago, with "tracking". Never arrived, go to post office with tracking info and find out it doesn't really tell them where it may have gotten lost in the process and we needed to call the post office where he dropped it off. Do that, they have no clue, no one has a clue and "tracking" number might as well have been randomly generated and sent out. Not sure it wasn't. If it didn't make it to your local office there's virtually no chance of recovering it.

Their "tracking" is absolutely useless. It's no different than it has ever been: mail it and hope it gets there and if it falls through the cracks tough luck.

CitizenBBN
02-14-2013, 12:32 PM
FWIW I remember about the Halloween costume not getting there I think. REALLY hope this package turns up. Not like he can send you out a new one tomorrow.

Catfan73
02-14-2013, 03:16 PM
The USPS could learn a lot from UPS. Or from businesses in general on how to treat the customer. It's a government run monopoly, and it operates like a government run monopoly.

UKHistory
02-15-2013, 03:50 PM
I have been treated pretty well by the postal service. Over Christmas, FED-EX really screwed us over for a next morning delivery that wound up being 2 day arrival. For the price unacceptable.

jazyd
02-16-2013, 09:47 AM
I have to use the post office for international shipments for my website. Shipped a pkg to Australia and it got there in 6 days, couldn't be live it. Next shipment to the same person, 3 weeks, sat in Miami for a week. UPS is way too expensive internationally for us. Have asked them for a better price over and over, all I get is my rep from UPS will come see us. That started 7 yrs ago, still waiting

dan_bgblue
02-16-2013, 11:50 AM
Do any of you know that when you specify UPS as the carrier for your ground delivery, incoming package, the first leg of the journey may be handled by USPS? Yup, it happens a lot. I have also had packages that were shipped via FED EX wind up being delivered to my mailbox via USPS.

CitizenBBN
02-16-2013, 07:41 PM
Do any of you know that when you specify UPS as the carrier for your ground delivery, incoming package, the first leg of the journey may be handled by USPS? Yup, it happens a lot. I have also had packages that were shipped via FED EX wind up being delivered to my mailbox via USPS.

They're doing more of that all the time, and it is killing my loyalty to them. I'm paying their premium b/c I want to avoid the mess that is the USPS, and then I end up exposed to those risks anyway.

Darrell KSR
03-14-2013, 08:50 PM
Post office calls me at 6:10 p.m. tonight.

They "found" my package.

Guy says, "you'll never guess where I found it." I said, well, you didn't find it in my box, because I've checked daily for six@ weeks after you said you delivered it there, and it wasn't there."

Basically, he tells me that somebody stuck it between some books back there.

I'm about to create a new example for the term, "going postal."

The guy asks me if I want him just to hang onto it. I told him to put it in my box before he hangs up the phone with me.

Unbelievable. They said they delivered it Feb. 6. March 14, it is "found."

Going to get it now. Hope he didn't put it in the wrong box.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.

blueboss
03-14-2013, 09:07 PM
Trick-or-treat!!!