PDA

View Full Version : CBBN, For Computer Challenged; Can You Give Quick Inservice How To Embed Video

Darryl
08-30-2012, 09:41 PM
Thanks.

Darryl

CitizenBBN
08-30-2012, 09:49 PM
You got it bro. The secret is just knowing about the little icon thingy. Don't get me started on how our resorting to pictograms is setting us back 3,000 years...

In the edit tool bar at the top of the edit box, 1 or 2 from the far right side you should see a little filmstrip looking icon. Click that and it will let you past in the url from youtube, dailymotion, and 2-3 other sites. Click the OK button and it will embed it for you.

Darrell KSR
08-30-2012, 09:54 PM
Darryl, hit "reply to thread" or "quick reply."

When the box appears, look just above it. There are a bunch of icons on it.

At the far left, there is an AA icon. Go over three more and you'll see the Bold, Italics and Underline Icons. Keep going to the far right, and the farthest icon on the right looks one of those "saying" balloons that a comic book character might use.

Immediately to the LEFT of that speech baloon is a tiny icon that looks like a film strip.

If you just take your cursor and hover it over it, you will see what it will do. "Insert Video."
Click it.
A box will pop up, and it will say, "Enter your video clip URL below."

Just put the same URL you have been putting as links ini that box. Click "OK."

BOOM. Embedded video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diu8i5UKTHc

Darrell KSR
08-30-2012, 09:56 PM
Well, crud...you guys already took care of it in the time it took me to find the Jackson 5.

Darryl, this thing is made for you. As much of a student of recruiting, and recruiting film and videos as you are, and you can share your expertise with us!

BudCat_upthecreek
08-30-2012, 09:57 PM
Hey if I could figure it out, anybody can.;)

ShoesSwayedBlue
08-30-2012, 10:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLQlw04pCHY&feature=related

For my first try:

Darryl
08-30-2012, 10:06 PM
Guys......I got it!! :)

Much like Oppenheimer thought when he developed the atomic bomb....the genie is out of the bottle. You have created an video embedding monster!!

Darryl

ShoesSwayedBlue
08-30-2012, 10:13 PM
Guys......I got it!! :)

Much like Oppenheimer thought when he developed the atomic bomb....the genie is out of the bottle. You have created an video embedding monster!!

Darryl

He has become Darryl, destroyer of Dukies. And Cardinals, Tar Holes and Jayhawks as well. :D

CitizenBBN
08-30-2012, 10:14 PM
Good to hear it! The video thing is cool. We have some ideas for the site on how to take better advantage, just haven't had time to get it set up.

CitizenBBN
08-30-2012, 10:19 PM
He has become Darryl, destroyer of Dukies. And Cardinals, Tar Holes and Jayhawks as well. :D

He has drank of the video of life and behold, for he is the Kwisatz Haderach!

ShoesSwayedBlue
08-30-2012, 10:27 PM
He has drank of the video of life and behold, for he is the Kwisatz Haderach!

He will overthrow Shaddam Emmert and his cronies Baron Goodman, Feyd Thamel and of course the Beast Knight. Heh heh.

CitizenBBN
08-30-2012, 10:37 PM
He will overthrow Shaddam Emmert and his cronies Baron Goodman, Feyd Thamel and of course the Beast Knight. Heh heh.

Those are good. Those are really good. :)