PDA

View Full Version : I just read that the Washington Commanders.......

dan_bgblue
02-03-2022, 12:47 PM
Have a female, black position coach on their team. Someone should tell sleepy this and maybe they can convince him that this is Woke enough and he can look for the most qualified person, regardless of race, sexual orientation, or preference for sport, for his nominee for supreme court justice.

bigsky
02-06-2022, 09:41 AM
Becoming the Commies for short.

kingcat
02-13-2022, 02:30 PM
Jennifer King made history Tuesday night.

With the Washington Football Team shorthanded and missing seven assistants against the Eagles due to COVID-19 — including running backs coach Randy Jordan — they promoted Jennifer King to be the gameday running backs coach against the Eagles.

Jennifer King became the first black female gameday assistant coach in NFL history for the Washington Football Team Tuesday night.

King, 37, is the second female gameday coach in NFL history, and the first African-American woman to have the position. The first was Callie Brownson, who filled in several times for the Cleveland Browns last season.

King is one of two full-time female assistant coaches in the league, along with assistant defensive line coach Lori Locust in Tampa Bay.

There are two female coaches in the league, but she is admittedly, Black.

“I fell in love with football at a super young age — like four or five years old, started watching football with my dad and just going to high school games on Friday night,” King said earlier this week on “On Her Turf,” an NBC program highlighting women in sports. “I just fell in love with it.
I was fortunate enough to start playing tackle football around 22, and played for many years as a quarterback.”

“When I started getting into football more and more, I knew I wanted to coach,” she said. “Ultimately, through a lot of hard work and a few other spots I ended up in the NFL.”

Doc
02-16-2022, 09:54 AM
When will people come to understand hiring a white person based on skin color is no worse than hiring a black person based on the color of their skin. If Ms King is good and qualified, more power to her...but if hired to meet some quota or goal, it cheapens her hire.

I will say that whoever Joe offers for assiciate justice of SCOTUS, there will automatically be questions about her qualification because the first determining factors were race and gender, not whether she applied the law correctly.....and that is a shame