PDA

View Full Version : Julius Randle.

DanISSELisdaman
08-30-2012, 10:33 PM
Just read that Julius Randle Called Calipari for Advice on how to improve his game in July. It was on a Facebook and I've been asked not to post links from there, as many people don't have Facebook and their links won't load for them.

Krank
08-30-2012, 11:33 PM
Just read that Julius Randle Called Calipari for Advice on how to improve his game in July. It was on a Facebook and I've been asked not to post links from there, as many people don't have Facebook and their links won't load for them.

Dan, often the Facebook links (at the old EVIL site) would not go "straight to" the actual page, but to a "warning page" that actually provided the link there (or it was maybe a "proceed to..." type of link).

Also, one could always copy and paste the link (shown on that "warning page") into their browser, which sounds difficult, perhaps, to some folks who just don't know basic computer functions like that, but it's really easy to learn.

Anyways, just thought I would let you know what I remember about that issue over there, FWIW.

DanISSELisdaman
08-31-2012, 06:11 AM
Thanks Krank. I know just enough about a computer to turn it on and find my way to the KSR board.:)

Krank
08-31-2012, 09:31 AM
Thanks Krank. I know just enough about a computer to turn it on and find my way to the KSR board.:)

Hey my man, then you are GOOD!

BTW, to be clear, my "don't know basic computer functions" quote in the previous post was aimed at those who might have had trouble with your Facebook links, NOT you. I recall that you were not the only one who posted those links, so I just wanted to let folks know that they ARE usable links with just a tad of extra work.

Back to Randle, I gotta tell ya that each time I see him play I want him at UK more and more. He often seems to be involved in plays that have him finish extremely strong. He is an intimidating presence, to be sure, amongst his peers. In fact, the characteristic he has that sticks most in my mind is the extraordinary ability, at 6'9" with a strong build and tons of length, to take the ball from end to end, dribbling between defenders and, of course, finishing strong.

I see no weaknesses in his game that are important (guessing he's no Ron Mercer from three, LOL) and what he brings will be VERY difficult to guard.

As much talk as there is about Wiggins and the Harrison twins (all three of whom I am very hopeful and excited to potentially get), it is Randle that gets me stoked most because, of all the PF's we have seen Coach Calipari get since coming to UK, none of them seems more suited to his offensive schemes than Randle. He and Wiggins together? THAT is an extremely talented and versatile set of forwards. The two of them together might be "unguardable" in all of NCAA competition.

Darrell KSR
08-31-2012, 09:36 AM
I don't know anything about computers, either, but this site handles links, images, video, etc. and we have uber-bandwidth, stability, etc. that's second-to-none and can handle it great. We wanted to make absolutely certain the site was the biggest, baddest, best user experience out there. And that includes "easy" as one of the user experiences, as if it requires a computer degree from a University to navigate, it ain't a good experience for the rest of us.

Gonna get better, too. There are some additional enhancements we will be rolling out as well. Will be a fun ride.

DanISSELisdaman
08-31-2012, 03:20 PM
I agree Krank, Randle is special from what I've seen. Pair him with Wiggins and it's just not fair for the rest of college BB. Add the Harrison twins and it's mind boggling to think what this team would be like. The NCAA would probably handicap us, by spotting the other team 20 pts. :)

Darrell: So does that mean that facebook links would be easily opened here? I don't want to do anything to rock the boat...... I think this site is going to be great!

Darrell KSR
08-31-2012, 06:48 PM
Dan, give it a whirl. Whatever can be done, this baby will do. Don't worry about messing it up; Chuck can fix it if you do.

DanISSELisdaman
08-31-2012, 07:57 PM
Thanks Darrell!