PDA

View Full Version : Because it worked so well with the VP selection.....

Doc
01-27-2022, 07:31 AM
Time to check some boxes, and nominate based on race and gender

Tucker Carlson: Biden's Supreme Court promise based on identity politics will end in tribal warfare

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-supreme-court-identity-politics-tribal-warfare

I always thought hiring based on race or gender was illegal. Seems to me, for the highest court in the land, the justices personal experience or genetic makeup should be of no relevance assuming the laws are applied equally without consideration for race, gender, etc.

VirginiaCat
01-27-2022, 08:44 AM
So, basically limiting the selection pool to 10% of US Citizens...

Doesn't sound race driven at all to me...

dan_bgblue
01-27-2022, 11:07 AM
So, basically limiting the selection pool to 10% of US Citizens...

Doesn't sound race driven at all to me...

How many of that 10% are lawyers and live and practice in blue states?

bigsky
01-31-2022, 08:56 AM
And Spotify is only going to replace Neil Young with a black woman too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b9YCc1GquW4

bigsky
01-31-2022, 08:59 AM
Universities still get to discriminate against Asians on the basis of race. And white males on the basis of both race and whatever gender might mean these days.

CitizenBBN
01-31-2022, 11:37 AM
Universities still get to discriminate against Asians on the basis of race. And white males on the basis of both race and whatever gender might mean these days.

Wish this trans thing was a thing when I was a high school senior. I would have come out as a non-cis-non-binary-axiomatic-parabolic-dodecahedron-trans-fatty-acid gender. Harvard here I come!

Of course I was a white hetero male from the South. I imagine they would have let me take the campus tour maybe, if I asked nice. ;)

I do feel good seeing polls saying that most Americans of any race are against this kind of discrimination. The Left is trying to rip this country apart but most Americans still believe in Martin Luther King's vision of everyone being equal and judging on the quality of our character.

dan_bgblue
01-31-2022, 04:21 PM

SCOTUSis supposed to begin hearing arguments on those discrimination quota issues beginning Wednesday of this week.

dan_bgblue
01-31-2022, 04:23 PM
Of course I was a white hetero male from the South. I imagine they would have let me take the campus tour maybe, if I asked nice

A little female face paint, a few feathers and a dress might have done the trick.

Doc
02-01-2022, 08:55 AM
I identify as a black female lawyer. Wonder if Joe will consider me. Or does the "black female" only go for those born that way.

Kamala Harris name has been thrown around as a possible. Gets that albatros off Bidens neck

CitizenBBN
02-01-2022, 11:18 AM
I doubt Harris could get through the Senate, even though she has the tie vote. lol She's not popular even within her own party.

Of course she would be the least qualified candidate since Vlad the Impaler was nominated for Pope.