PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie Spector has passed

BigBluePappy
01-12-2022, 06:12 PM
We have lost another (https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/ronnie-spector-dead-death-cancer-battle) talented individual.

kingcat
01-12-2022, 06:56 PM
Three kisses back to her. Into God's care Veronica.

KSRBEvans
01-13-2022, 09:26 AM
She was truly unique and made the world a lot cooler when she was in it. RIP.

UKFlounder
01-13-2022, 12:30 PM
Be My Baby is such a fun song to listen to.

KSRBEvans
01-17-2022, 09:09 PM
Be My Baby is such a fun song to listen to.

Brian Wilson talking about Be My Baby, which he said was pretty much the perfect pop song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiScLYNAoSc&ab_channel=CarlNilsson

I remember hearing an interview with Carnie Wilson where she said her dad woke them up every morning with Be My Baby playing at max volume. He was definitely a fan.

suncat05
01-18-2022, 10:04 AM
I don't follow any of these musical folks like some of you here do, so here is my question: in Eddie Money's song "Take Me Home Tonight", he mentions someone named "Ronnie" in the song........is this who he was referring to, Ronnie Spector? Thanks in advance!

UKFlounder
01-18-2022, 11:07 AM
Yes and she sang in that song too

I don't follow any of these musical folks like some of you here do, so here is my question: in Eddie Money's song "Take Me Home Tonight", he mentions someone named "Ronnie" in the song........is this who he was referring to, Ronnie Spector? Thanks in advance!

suncat05
01-18-2022, 02:12 PM
Thanks, Flounder! I did not know either of those.
I remember listening to the Ronettes as a kid, always liked that song "Be My Baby". And I always liked Eddie Money, was a big fan in my early adulthood years, especially while I was in the Army. Rick Springfield, Bryan Adams, Jon Bon Jovi too.

I don't listen to a lot of music anymore, but when I do it tends to be 70's-80's R&R, jazz, or what is referred to as 'Outlaw' country. I just don't care for much of passes as "music" today, especially from these little wannabe gangbanger jitterbugs that think they're gangsters but would fall over dead and mess themselves if they ever met a real gangster.