PDA

View Full Version : Incredible, intense video of the major tornado that hit Hattiesburg Sunday

Darrell KSR
02-12-2013, 09:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdmTpsyQinM&feature=youtu.be

badrose
02-12-2013, 09:21 AM
The driver had a lot more patience with the narrator than I would have had.

BigBlueBrock
02-12-2013, 10:24 AM
Whew. Incredible video. I've never been personal witness to a tornado.

uklandrn
02-20-2013, 02:02 AM
That is stuff horror movies are made of. Prayers for the community.

jazyd
02-20-2013, 09:05 AM
it was an F4 with winds at 170 MPH. Because of new radar that actually shows debris instead the tornado, they were able to get warnings out 30 minutes ahead of time which probably saved lives, no one was killed in that thing. The thing about is that thing was just south of the major retail hwy in Hattiesburg when he started filming, then when he went over I-59 the thing moved slightly to the north and down the major hwy coming into town where the University is.
Had it been 1/2 mile to the north on the same path, I don't know what would have happened. With the number of people seen in the video on that hwy I feel there would have been many killed, and the damage would have been horrendous.

Darrell KSR
02-20-2013, 02:27 PM
Whew. Incredible video. I've never been personal witness to a tornado.

We were cowered in Moody Music Hall at the U. of Alabama when the tornado hit about 150 yards from where we were. That's as close as I EVER want to be. I will watch videos of others taping this stuff instead, thank you.