PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Night Knife and Gun Show

badrose
02-09-2013, 07:54 PM
It's an hour show that airs from 9 to 10 on Saturday night (obviously). It's hosted by a good ol' guy that most here would feel right at home with. It's only on DISH and it's channel 224. Mostly pocket knives, Case, Buck, etc. Not sure where the Gun part enters in but he does plug an American rifle company that does custom work. I just enjoy watching it as it reminds me of days gone by. If you get a chance, just tune in for a few minutes.

Oh, I guess I should add that he shows some gorgeous knives on there. Even if you're not a collector it's fun to watch.

dan_bgblue
02-09-2013, 08:23 PM
224 on my dish feed is the Barry Chappel fine coins show dangit. The Smokey Mountain Knife Show used to air in my dish feed but have not found it lately

badrose
02-09-2013, 09:06 PM
Dan, are you on central time? It's 8-9 Eastern. Sorry, my bad.

jazyd
02-09-2013, 09:11 PM
I have 3 puma knives that are a little old. One I bought right out of college in 1971, the other 2 I got around 1980. All 3 are in my gun box and never see a deer hide

badrose
02-09-2013, 09:27 PM
I probably would have bought some knives from SNKGS if they had a working website. They show them one at a time on the show and you order by calling the number at the bottom of the screen. But there are always more than one I'm interested in. I don't think they have operators past a few hours after the show. I've got a few knives, not sure if they qualify as a collection. One is a Wildcats knife made by Parker Frost. (?) Nothing special except it was right after the '78 championship.