PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Carson Raking Biden in 1987

blueboss
10-01-2021, 06:19 PM
I watch Tonight Show reruns on one of the MeTV channels… I was just watching an episode from 9/16/87, Carson made jokes about Biden “paraphrasing” other politician’s speeches including a then British Politician as well as stealings lines from Robert Kennedy’s speeches.

Carson ended the bit quoting Biden responding to the criticism saying “we have nothing to fear but fear itself”

Things that make you go hmmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doc
10-01-2021, 06:57 PM
Four score and twenty years ago, I had a dream that this was one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind-- Joe Biden

CitizenBBN
10-01-2021, 08:37 PM
I watch Tonight Show reruns on one of the MeTV channels… I was just watching an episode from 9/16/87, Carson made jokes about Biden “paraphrasing” other politician’s speeches including a then British Politician as well as stealings lines from Robert Kennedy’s speeches.

Carson ended the bit quoting Biden responding to the criticism saying “we have nothing to fear but fear itself”

Things that make you go hmmmm.

I remember that bit. Other comics of course piled on. One had him saying "Damn the torpedoes!" etc.

Even Biden's own wiki page admits he was an iffy student in high school and college. Not a smart man, but very personable, affable.

But in a world where schools are eliminating failing grades and not punishing kids for being tardy, not doing their work, etc. what's a little college level plagiarism?

CitizenBBN
10-01-2021, 08:38 PM
Oh, and today a late night host, or anyone else on a major network, daring to make fun of a liberal/Democrat, would be fired.

blueboss
10-01-2021, 10:28 PM
Oh, and today a late night host, or anyone else on a major network, daring to make fun of a liberal/Democrat, would be fired.

Liberal/Democrats isn’t all Carson made fun of.

CitizenBBN
10-01-2021, 11:28 PM
Liberal/Democrats isn’t all Carson made fun of.

Absolutely not. he made fun of everyone, as did most comics in that era. Which was their job, to poke fun at everyone who needed a little air out of their balloon.

But these days people like Biden are off limits. Look at the reaction when a talk show host even tells a joke about one. It's asinine.