PDA

View Full Version : Comptroller of the Economy Biden’s nominee to regulate banks really, hates banks

dan_bgblue
09-30-2021, 11:51 AM
Saule Omarova

Education
BA Equivalent Moscow State University
PHD University of Wisconsin Madison
JD Northwestern University School of Law

Education, Awards, Bibliography, Misc (https://ww3.lawschool.cornell.edu/faculty/faculty_cvs/Omarova.pdf)

President Biden checked off another progressive identity box last week by nominating Saule Omarova as Comptroller of the Currency. Some Trump appointees were ridiculed for having supported the elimination of their agencies. Ms. Omarova wants to eliminate the banks she’s being appointed to regulate.

The Cornell University law school professor’s radical ideas might make even Bernie Sanders blush. She graduated from Moscow State University in 1989 on the Lenin Personal Academic Scholarship. Thirty years later, she still believes the Soviet economic system was superior, and that U.S. banking should be remade in the Gosbank’s image.

“Until I came to the US, I couldn’t imagine that things like gender pay gap still existed in today’s world. Say what you will about old USSR, there was no gender pay gap there. Market doesn’t always ‘know best,’” she tweeted in 2019. After Twitter users criticized her ignorance, she added a caveat: “I never claimed women and men were treated absolutely equally in every facet of Soviet life. But people’s salaries were set (by the state) in a gender-blind manner. And all women got very generous maternity benefits. Both things are still a pipe dream in our society!”

WSJ Linkage (https://www.wsj.com/articles/comptroller-of-the-economy-saule-omarova-joe-biden-nominee-11632937029?mod=hp_opin_pos_1)

Doc
09-30-2021, 12:56 PM
Saule Omarova "Say what you will about old USSR, there was no gender pay gap there."

That is in part because in the old Soviet Union, people did not get paid, regardless of their gender

CitizenBBN
09-30-2021, 01:20 PM
Yep. Everyone was equally poor and oppressed. It was a social justice utopia. Everyone got the same lousy life.

These "progressives" read 1984 and think it's a freakin' how to manual.