PDA

View Full Version : Climate Change to Be Treated as Public-Health Issue

dan_bgblue
08-30-2021, 07:02 PM
Linkage (https://www.wsj.com/articles/climate-change-to-be-treated-as-public-health-issue-11630315800?mod=hp_listb_pos2)

The Department of Health and Human Services has launched an office that will treat climate change as a public-health issue, designed to address what the White House says are health risks, including those that disproportionately affect poor and minority communities.

Many details of the new Office of Climate Change and Health Equity, which will report to HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra and the assistant secretary for health, were outlined in a January executive order on climate, part of President Biden’s efforts to use the power of the federal government to address the environmental effects of changing weather.

“Its mission is to protect the health of people experiencing a disproportionate share of climate impacts and health inequities from wildfires to drought, to hurricanes to floods,” Mr. Becerra said at a news briefing Monday.

CitizenBBN
08-30-2021, 07:19 PM
Karl Marx is kicking himself he didn't think of "Climate change" first. It's the perfect umbrella justification for anything the state wants to enforce at the end of a gun.

And it doesn't matter if it's real, not real, or if we can change it or not. that is irrelevant to the issue of whether we find ways to address it without giving up our liberty or if it's just so big an issue that human freedom must die at its alter.

bigsky
08-30-2021, 08:07 PM
Also, “gun violence and gun deaths” are now health threats. As tortured as language gets. No guns have died. Criminals are a threat, a public safety threat. Not public health.

I used to be a moderate and argue with right wing on the Kentucky boards. But I have seen it and felt it, the left’s rejection of all our country stands for.

catmanjack
08-30-2021, 08:36 PM
Just makes you shake your head, how all these brain surgeons became Democrats is beyond me.
The easiest thing to do would be write up a pamphlet on how to live off the government for life!

KeithKSR
08-31-2021, 07:33 AM
The Marxistcrats are trying to move things into warp drive as the 2022 midterms draw closer.

Doc
08-31-2021, 04:42 PM
Presidential mental health should be treated as a public health issue

KeithKSR
08-31-2021, 08:45 PM
Everything the left endorses is now a health crisis.

https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/2021/08/27/cdc-gun-violence-n49412

CitizenBBN
08-31-2021, 09:17 PM
Everything the left endorses is now a health crisis.

https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/2021/08/27/cdc-gun-violence-n49412

Another huge favorite tactic of Totalitarianism: the manipulation of language. Everything is "infrastructure". Everything is a "health crisis". Anyone who disagrees is by definition racist or sexist or a homophobe.

is there anything more dangerous than the redefining of words until they lose all meaning, letting them then be nothing but political tools?

The Ministry of Truth would be so proud.

suncat05
09-01-2021, 08:05 AM
And let's not forget that hunger is now called "food inequality" ......

catmanjack
09-01-2021, 08:26 AM
There is stressing to teach the true meaning of Thanksgiving, my wife is a teachers and such things are being beat into them.
What happened to caring, loving, respect.
This new drive teaches minorities to hate and drives a deeper wedge!

Doc
09-01-2021, 10:07 AM
There is stressing to teach the true meaning of Thanksgiving, my wife is a teachers and such things are being beat into them.
What happened to caring, loving, respect.
This new drive teaches minorities to hate and drives a deeper wedge!

Its a messed up world, much to blame on social media and wokeness. In fact today I was called a racist again based 100% on this

These are the people who we should "SAY THEIR NAMES" for.
which was posted under a picture of the 13 soldiers killed last week. I wish these people were as well known, or more well known that George Floyd or Brianna Taylor. They were heroes who were killed, not criminals

KeithKSR
09-01-2021, 12:12 PM
Nothing wrong with that sentiment, doc. I also have problems with the hero worship of criminals. The George Floyd victims need to sue his now wealthy estate to get compensation for his wrongs.

catmanjack
09-01-2021, 12:59 PM
These woke individuals will remove important historical statues to build monuments to George Floyd.
30 years from now he will be viewed as a hero which is truly sad.

KeithKSR
09-01-2021, 03:02 PM
These woke individuals will remove important historical statues to build monuments to George Floyd.
30 years from now he will be viewed as a hero which is truly sad.

Let’s hope in 30 years there aren’t in statues honoring some communist.

catmanjack
09-01-2021, 03:53 PM
Wow but true!

Catfan73
09-01-2021, 04:01 PM
It’s more of a national security issue than anything right now.

KeithKSR
09-02-2021, 02:19 PM
It’s more of a national security issue than anything right now.

It’s not a national security issue at all. A national security issue is allowing unchecked immigration at the southern border, leaving armaments for the Taliban to use, etc.

TNCat
09-02-2021, 03:36 PM
Or a national security issue is shutting down oil & gas exploration and/or the Keystone pipeline whereby we are no longer energy independent. And, then pleading with OPEC to increase production

catmanjack
09-02-2021, 04:11 PM
A thread needs to be started with his running screw ups but they are so many!

KeithKSR
09-02-2021, 08:32 PM
Or a national security issue is shutting down oil & gas exploration and/or the Keystone pipeline whereby we are no longer energy independent. And, then pleading with OPEC to increase production

Energy independence is definitely a national security issue. Biden’s Middle East policy with the Taliban and other extremist groups could negatively impact oil flow from that region, which makes his domestic oil policies even more puzzling.