PDA

View Full Version : Sharing a Montana article for our esteemed member, bigsky

dan_bgblue
08-18-2021, 07:31 AM
New nickname....BozAngeles (https://www.mansionglobal.com/articles/real-estate-is-booming-in-bozeman-mont-or-shall-we-say-boz-angeles-01627598457)

bigsky
08-18-2021, 09:05 AM
I’m not originally from here, either. And I moved here for Montana to change me, not to change Montana. But I did change Bozeman. Which was one of the few MT towns that welcomed outsiders, particularly ones who wanted to contribute. That accounts for our successes, and our failure to supply housing can be laid at the feet of the anti growthers who thought keeping supply low would keep people put. Instead, low supply high demand raised prices so high. We are now a small city with a diversified economy, not just real estate speculation and ag but all kinds of high tech, mid-tech, a second hospital and a successful university with a two year college (I helped start.) We are unlike the rest of Montana, more latte than cowboy, but we are not Los Angeles. Bozemancisco politically, unfortunately. Were you to visit, on your way to skiiing, fishing, Yellowstone park, etc, you would like it here. People do. Which is why they are coming. But just as importantly, people with skills have found a way to stay, unlike in the past when graduates all left town.

MickintheHam
08-18-2021, 09:10 AM
We have to get my trip rescheduled!

bigsky
08-18-2021, 09:15 AM
Yes we do!

PedroDaGr8
08-18-2021, 10:37 PM
I’m not originally from here, either. And I moved here for Montana to change me, not to change Montana. But I did change Bozeman. Which was one of the few MT towns that welcomed outsiders, particularly ones who wanted to contribute. That accounts for our successes, and our failure to supply housing can be laid at the feet of the anti growthers who thought keeping supply low would keep people put. Instead, low supply high demand raised prices so high. We are now a small city with a diversified economy, not just real estate speculation and ag but all kinds of high tech, mid-tech, a second hospital and a successful university with a two year college (I helped start.) We are unlike the rest of Montana, more latte than cowboy, but we are not Los Angeles. Bozemancisco politically, unfortunately. Were you to visit, on your way to skiiing, fishing, Yellowstone park, etc, you would like it here. People do. Which is why they are coming. But just as importantly, people with skills have found a way to stay, unlike in the past when graduates all left town.The natural scenery isn't too shabby either!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210819/97dd855a35ae351ea6cf438b13fdd0cf.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

bigsky
08-19-2021, 08:10 AM
North and west of town, looking east towards the Bridger Mountains. The ridge run where extra fit humans run all along the top of those mountains was last week.

PedroDaGr8
08-19-2021, 08:20 AM
North and west of town, looking east towards the Bridger Mountains. The ridge run where extra fit humans run all along the top of those mountains was last week.Yep, taken a year ago from the back lawn of MAP Brewing! Very good brewery with some good food and some of the best views of any brewery I have been to.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

bigsky
08-19-2021, 12:47 PM
Good music at times too. Bad parking.