PDA

View Full Version : How the Pandemic Now Ends

dan_bgblue
08-14-2021, 07:10 PM
Linkage (https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/08/delta-has-changed-pandemic-endgame/619726/?utm_source=pocket-newtab)

bigsky
08-15-2021, 10:54 AM
endemic with a shot every year just like flu

VirginiaCat
08-15-2021, 05:54 PM
endemic with a shot every year just like flu

Because this is dangerous to the same population as the flu... I never had a flu vaccine in my life. And I've never had the flu.

Doc
08-15-2021, 06:12 PM
I wish it would end like the war in Afghanistan, where the government high tails it ASAP

KeithKSR
08-16-2021, 01:02 AM
Because this is dangerous to the same population as the flu... I never had a flu vaccine in my life. And I've never had the flu.

I’m in the same position. I’ve definitely been exposed having worked in schools for 30 years where every couple of years the flu would sweep through and run through the school.

Vaccinations were never going to end the pandemic. Vaccinated people merely present a new type of host that the virus is using as a means to mutate into vaccine resistant strains. A pandemic acts like the ripples caused by tossing a rock in a pond. Waves get smaller over time.

The first wave hit at different times in different places, for Kentucky the first wave hit last summer, built up over a long period of time, drastically fell last winter, then quickly gained steam in a second wave that reached a peak in late January, early February, before slowly falling. This latest wave, hit quickly, and will likely end quickly. There are signs of the beginning of a downward turn.

The next wave will likely be the vaccine resistant wave, having its roots in all the breakthrough cases around the world, which the CDC conveniently stopped counting in the spring when the Delta variant was wreaking havoc among the vaccinated in the UK and Israel.

That wave could come fairly quickly on the heels of this wave, because the lambda variant is already in the US in small numbers, having made its way from Peru via the illegal immigrants. The quick spread of Delta was likely caused by a large number of Covid positive illegal immigrants entering the country. Most of the states seeing the large breakouts currently were gifted with buses of illegals by the Biden administration. Yes, Kentucky received some of those buses.

There may be another wave in the typical flu season this winter, or it could be at non-pandemic levels by that time.

The overlooked factor in the pandemic is natural immunity. An unknown number of people have natural immunity to the virus, just as some of us have never had the flu or had a flu shot.

Pandemics typically take out large numbers of the most vulnerable in the initial waves, and succeeding waves tend to be less lethal.

On the flip side of those naturally immune will be those who are hyper sensitive and will get the virus fairly routinely despite being vaccinated. My daughter takes a flu shot every year. Every year she gets the flu, sometimes more than once.

The safe at home strategy has likely been harmful to children. School is a great place to build your immunity system. Exposure to other viruses, including coronaviruses, help build antibodies.

United States

Kentucky