PDA

View Full Version : We need to come together, not be driven apart by these crazy people,

dan_bgblue
08-04-2021, 08:10 AM
As media push critical race theory, Ayaan Hirsi Ali fears curriculum will teach children to 'hate each other (https://www.foxnews.com/media/media-critical-race-theory-ayaan-hirsi-ali)

Somali-Dutch scholar and activist Ayaan Hirsi Ali did not mince words regarding her feelings about critical race theory in an interview with Fox News, calling it a "nihilistic" practice that will teach children to "hate" one another.

Ali is concerned about America's trend toward "wokeness," which she said is all about stoking division.

"It divides us into people of different races and it says that these racial differences are irreconcilable and then divisions along gender, along transgender, along immigrants … It sees no reconciliation, no coming together unless the people that they describe as eternal victims, black people, people of color, women, transgender people, unless they unite to destroy and dismantle our existing institutions. It's a very nihilistic, zero-sum game. It's the worst philosophy I've ever come across," Ali said.

CitizenBBN
08-04-2021, 10:47 AM
I'd say that sums it up really well.

The very concept of "whiteness" is an affront, as would be a concept of "blackness" or "Asianness". I know lots of white folks, and they couldn't be more different. the idea there is some inherent set of values or beliefs or even economic privilege that binds every white person from some poor dirt farmer to an Eastern Kentucky coal miner to a third generation lawyer to a Gulf coast fisherman to a PHD at Los Alamos is absurd.

There are a LOT of poor white folks in this country and their values vary as much as that of the middle class, etc. Someone who is born and raised middle class has more in common often with someone else of that socio economic background, regardless of race or gender. I'm going to have more in common with an Asian person who also went to college and studied business than I might with someone who didn't get out of the 6th grade but happens to be Caucasian.

If we believe that flyer from the African American Museum to be accurate then "whiteness" is in fact "middle class values" of thrift and responsibility. So the attack is on the very values on which this nation was founded for everyone, not on a particular race.

Likewise things like Biden (and many others) suggesting a black person must believe in certain things politically or economically or morally or "they are not black" is offensive to say the least.

This is the exact opposite of Martin Luther King's dream for our nation. Division, distrust, and dismissal of the basic values of hard work and responsibility that build the nation.

bigsky
08-04-2021, 12:43 PM
She is heroic