PDA

View Full Version : Asteroid Worth More Than 70,000 Times The Global Economy..

blueboss
08-01-2021, 01:37 PM
https://robbreport.com/lifestyle/news/rare-psyche-asteroid-worth-way-more-than-the-global-economy-1234577976/

Capture and cash it in, every person on the planet would get $1.3 billion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catmanjack
08-01-2021, 01:59 PM
Blue will you put all the effort into catching it and then share with everyone!

HerbTarlek
08-01-2021, 03:16 PM
I know a guy in the horse racing business. He's a geologist by trade. He made his fortune by deducing where a meteor struck in what is now continental Canada. Made a fortune mining metals, but mostly gold.

CitizenBBN
08-01-2021, 03:19 PM
I know a guy in the horse racing business. He's a geologist by trade. He made his fortune by deducing where a meteor struck in what is now continental Canada. Made a fortune mining metals, but mostly gold.

You rarely meet a person in the horse business who made their fortune in it, lol. Some obviously, but the old joke holds for many:

"How do you make a million dollars in the horse business?"

"Start with 2 million."

CitizenBBN
08-01-2021, 03:19 PM
Now as for this meteor, let's see, I'll need a LOT of bottle rockets, need to borrow grandma's oxygen tanks....

HerbTarlek
08-01-2021, 03:38 PM
You rarely meet a person in the horse business who made their fortune in it, lol. Some obviously, but the old joke holds for many:

"How do you make a million dollars in the horse business?"

"Start with 2 million."

Most people lose money in real estate. Enormous farms with few barns and homes that are seldom used. Vanity, really. We've made a shitload of money on the horse side. Lost a couple mil when we sold the farm in Paris, but we recaptured most of it over the years in depreciation and ag tax breaks. But yeah. Some guy with some new jack decides he wants a horse farm and wants to be in the horse business and has no clue how expensive it is. There's a difference between being well off and being thoroughbred owning rich. A lot of people can afford a down payment on a 6 million dollar property, and even the mortgage 10 grand/month mortgage. But they under estimate the staff and maintenance. We had 246 acres in Paris, which is modest, and the only way we could sustain it was to lease it to a manager and turn it into a broodmare operation. 139 stalls, 5 houses, and 5 full time employees, 3 of whom lived on the property in homes we had to sustain. We paid for an enormous tractor and mower just so one of the employees, absent any other duties, could mow the pastures. And we had a $16,000.00 mower to mow the parts that weren't in the pasture, to be mowed by one of the two part time employees that drove up from Paintsville every other weekend to paint and repair fences, loom trees, cut grass, landscape, spread mulch, plant $4500.00 worth of perennials, ect. We would have been out of the business much sooner had we not had such good luck on the track.

KeithKSR
08-01-2021, 03:39 PM
Now as for this meteor, let's see, I'll need a LOT of bottle rockets, need to borrow grandma's oxygen tanks....

Won’t Bezos let you borrow his phallic rocket?

blueboss
08-01-2021, 03:58 PM
Somebody might want to move this to the front porch… which was my original intent.

In regard to the meteorite, I’ve got the rope on order so we can lasso that bad boy.

Curiously, the article states that we’re going to swing back by in 2022… somebody is scheming.

kingcat
08-01-2021, 09:04 PM
I'm thinking something along the lines of slowing it down and allowing another body in our solar system to pull it into orbit. i figure we can force its direction via Chucks bottle rockets and Granny's tanks just enough to make that feasible.

To slow it down I suggest a huge holographic image projected in the general direction of said body.
https://img.mensxp.com/media/content/2013/Aug/1376478434_75357.jpg?w=580&h=375

You cant just glance at something like that.

blueboss
08-02-2021, 06:42 AM
^^^its made up of nickel and copper, which is already harder than $4 worth of jawbreakers.