PDA

View Full Version : If you did not already know it

dan_bgblue
07-27-2021, 05:09 PM
NBC is gutless. They have spent all week calling the Taiwan athletes as being from Chinese Taipei.

They are skeered of China

CitizenBBN
07-27-2021, 05:23 PM
The first thing I would do as POTUS is end the One China Policy.

The announcement of it would, if I were able to pull it off, be done as part of announcing a Pacific Rim Mutual Defense Pact between Taiwan, the US, Japan, Australia, South Korea and perhaps a couple of other nations like Singapore.

But the kowtowing of supposedly US companies to china is sickening.

The great dark humor of it is these are then the same companies and individuals (think NBA guys) who then overtly criticize capitalism. They are selling out to totalitarian regimes to make a buck and then lecture us on the ills of profit motive? What a f'ing joke.

KeithKSR
07-28-2021, 09:05 AM
The first thing I would do as POTUS is end the One China Policy.

The announcement of it would, if I were able to pull it off, be done as part of announcing a Pacific Rim Mutual Defense Pact between Taiwan, the US, Japan, Australia, South Korea and perhaps a couple of other nations like Singapore.

But the kowtowing of supposedly US companies to china is sickening.

The great dark humor of it is these are then the same companies and individuals (think NBA guys) who then overtly criticize capitalism. They are selling out to totalitarian regimes to make a buck and then lecture us on the ills of profit motive? What a f'ing joke.

All those that criticize capitalism sure don’t mind using capitalism to enrich themselves.

VirginiaCat
07-28-2021, 12:39 PM
Kinda sounds like the Antifa kids...you know the ones that protest capitalism while wearing $200 shoes and $150 Jeans and taking video's on $1000 iphones....

KeithKSR
07-29-2021, 09:58 PM
Kinda sounds like the Antifa kids...you know the ones that protest capitalism while wearing $200 shoes and $150 Jeans and taking video's on $1000 iphones....

I often wonder if they have any idea what they are protesting.

catmanjack
07-29-2021, 10:19 PM
Doesn’t matter to them.

dan_bgblue
08-06-2021, 11:50 AM
Wiki explanation (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Taipei)

CitizenBBN
08-06-2021, 07:49 PM
One China was a huge mistake. HUGE. Taiwan was in the UN. hegemony against Chinese expansion into the South China Sea. Now they aren't even recognized as a country.

Gee, think that may come back to bite us?