PDA

View Full Version : Booker!

DanISSELisdaman
07-14-2021, 04:29 PM
https://www.kentuckytoday.com/stories/booker-playing-for-calipari-taught-suns-star-how-to-be-a-pro,33158?fbclid=IwAR1ioL9kTcwQuft90bakS64fO9i9WiV s2SPJPvIL4uYYV2OSFNNs3f74uDg#.YO9MzARlN8Y.facebook

Crazy4Blue
07-15-2021, 06:16 AM
Too bad his team lost last night...he was incredible with 42 points.

blueboss
07-15-2021, 06:26 AM
Too bad his team lost last night...he was incredible with 42 points.

Booker scored his 42 going 0-3 from 3, and 8-9 ft’s.

They just couldn’t slow down Middleton, he nearly matched Bookers 42 with 40, and went 3-8 from 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingcat
07-15-2021, 10:40 AM
Middleton had a great stat line as did Booker.

TRUCKERCATFAN
07-20-2021, 10:38 PM
Booker absolutely choked tonight. I love watching Devin play but all the comparisons to Kobe were very premature.

ETWNAPPEL
07-20-2021, 11:00 PM
Booker needs to grow up

catmanjack
07-20-2021, 11:05 PM
Said Mil is 6 but they should have been embarrassed to let one guy get half the teams points.
Phoenix up 2-0 and lost 4 straight seems the press went to their heads.

bigsky
07-21-2021, 01:06 AM
Suns started tight, ended frustrated. Bucks defense concentrated on Booker and CP and let the test fire away.

Padukacat
07-21-2021, 04:32 AM
Suns started tight, ended frustrated. Bucks defense concentrated on Booker and CP and let the test fire away.

Yep. Lock down the hot one with jrue or if they’re shooting it well with giannis or khris. Good defenders. It wins championships I hear.

blueboss
07-21-2021, 06:21 AM
Sucks, the team Jordon Nwora plays for beat the team Devin Booker plays for.

So now I have to listen to the cwards fans for the near future….

kingcat
07-21-2021, 07:51 AM
I watched my first complete game last night. I retract my defense of the current play in the NBA. They play hard I’ll give them that. But it is not a sport.
Terrible, selfish, protected (as bad as Jordan or the like ever was, just that more are included ) and designed to garner a crowd response similar to pro wrestling. It’s certain there is equal contact to wrestling allowed if you are a hometown star.

You folks accusing the sport of being phony.. well you are right. I probably won’t watch again and am satisfied I have seen the greatest teams to ever play the game in my past. It’s not even close.
I feel a bit sad for this generation however. It’s not what they believe.

suncat05
07-21-2021, 10:25 AM
The NBA has been pure garbage since the end of the Jordan-Bird-Magic Johnson era. And it has gotten even worse with the likes of LeBron having something to say about everything that isn't basketball related.
Why can't these bungholes just STHU about anything outside of the basketball arena?? I don't give a damn about what they think about anything outside of basketball! I'm a grown man that has lived my life, has my own life's experiences, and who can think for himself and formulate my own opinions on what I see and hear happening in the world.

I don't need or want some Communist Chinese loving peckerhead like LeBron telling me what my opinions or thoughts should be. I can do that all on my own.

And I'm glad that Lebron is not playing for Team USA, because he is a Chinese Communist loving sell-out traitor that does not deserve to represent the USA or wear its colors on the international stage. JMHO.

UKinLA
07-21-2021, 11:23 AM
Sucks, the team Jordon Nwora plays for beat the team Devin Booker plays for.

So now I have to listen to the cwards fans for the near future….

Nwora barely got off the bench. Nothing for them to crow about.

Terminus
07-21-2021, 11:30 AM
I was amazed by the crowd for last night’s game. 17k in the arena and 60k +/- outside the venue - didn’t realize the Milwaukee fanbase was that fanatical about hoops.

JPScott
07-21-2021, 12:00 PM
I was amazed by the crowd for last night’s game. 17k in the arena and 60k +/- outside the venue - didn’t realize the Milwaukee fanbase was that fanatical about hoops.

Seems that’s what happens with a dedicated fan base when they haven’t won a championship in 50 years.

dan_bgblue
07-21-2021, 12:16 PM

Post covid, pre exhibition football season, beer drinking cheese heads, acting out on a summer night pretending to be basketball fans.

catmanjack
07-21-2021, 12:19 PM
Happens everywhere, Toronto was the same two years ago.

Darryl
07-21-2021, 12:48 PM

I wonder if the liberal national media will hammer them for not following COVID cautions like they do when Southerners try to go to church or Trump followers gathered.

Darryl

Darryl
07-21-2021, 12:50 PM

The NBA has been pure garbage since the end of the Jordan-Bird-Magic Johnson era. And it has gotten even worse with the likes of LeBron having something to say about everything that isn't basketball related.
Why can't these bungholes just STHU about anything outside of the basketball arena?? I don't give a damn about what they think about anything outside of basketball! I'm a grown man that has lived my life, has my own life's experiences, and who can think for himself and formulate my own opinions on what I see and hear happening in the world.

I don't need or want some Communist Chinese loving peckerhead like LeBron telling me what my opinions or thoughts should be. I can do that all on my own.

And I'm glad that Lebron is not playing for Team USA, because he is a Chinese Communist loving sell-out traitor that does not deserve to represent the USA or wear its colors on the international stage. JMHO.

I Did not think anyone hated LeCommie or the NBA as much as I do; you may be right there with me

Darryl

Terminus
07-21-2021, 04:43 PM
Seems that’s what happens with a dedicated fan base when they haven’t won a championship in 50 years.

Good point, I didn’t realize it had been that long since their last title.

blueboss
07-21-2021, 04:48 PM
Nwora barely got off the bench. Nothing for them to crow about.

Keep in mind who we’re talking about, they’re Duh-ville fans.

ukpumacat
07-21-2021, 06:44 PM

Wow. Cancel culture much?

I have never and will never understand why anyone cares what any celebrity or pro athlete thinks about any political or social topic.
Especially to the point of hating them.
I understand agreeing or disagreeing. But I will never understand thinking they should just stfu.

And I’ll be glad to answer your question:
LeBron and every other NBA player won’t stfu because they are citizens with a platform that has every right to say what they believe about anything: parenting, fast food, politics, spiders. Whatever.
And you can listen or not listen. But they have every right to do it.
You know, free speech and all.
They have influence and they are using it. Just like you do in you circle of influence (family, friends etc).
Just like you don’t have to stfu on a UK board just because you are a UK fan and can post whatever you want to.

ukpumacat
07-21-2021, 06:45 PM

They have had an amazing fan base for a long while now.
Utah, Milwaukee, Phoenix, Toronto and Oklahoma City.
Those are some amazing fan bases that have had to endure some rough years.

DanISSELisdaman
07-21-2021, 06:56 PM

My opinion too suncat!

Darryl
07-21-2021, 08:06 PM
Wow. Cancel culture much?

I have never and will never understand why anyone cares what any celebrity or pro athlete thinks about any political or social topic.
Especially to the point of hating them.
I understand agreeing or disagreeing. But I will never understand thinking they should just stfu.

And I’ll be glad to answer your question:
LeBron and every other NBA player won’t stfu because they are citizens with a platform that has every right to say what they believe about anything: parenting, fast food, politics, spiders. Whatever.
And you can listen or not listen. But they have every right to do it.
You know, free speech and all.
They have influence and they are using it. Just like you do in you circle of influence (family, friends etc).
Just like you don’t have to stfu on a UK board just because you are a UK fan and can post whatever you want to.

Let a conservative player say he sees nothing wrong with Americans protesting what they felt was a stolen election by storming the Capitol; that election laws are very fair, that he despises athletes trashing this country, etc.

See how that goes for said athlete.

Darryl

ETWNAPPEL
07-21-2021, 08:45 PM
Really enjoyed this playoffs. Loved that a small market organic team won. Love Giannis! What a humble likable guy. Games were exciting. Giannis block on Ayton was Prince level incredible.

Crazy4Blue
07-22-2021, 07:13 AM
Booker must really hate the state of Wisconsin. Two gut wrenching losses in college and in the pros.

ukpumacat
07-22-2021, 10:31 AM
Let a conservative player say he sees nothing wrong with Americans protesting what they felt was a stolen election by storming the Capitol; that election laws are very fair, that he despises athletes trashing this country, etc.

See how that goes for said athlete.

Darryl

I would go fine by me.

The point is that he would have the right to say it. My agreement or disagreement doesn’t change that fact.

And I wouldn’t be posting on this board that he should just stfu and play basketball simply because I disagreed with him.

Kyrie Irving believes (or said he did) that the earth is flat. I think that is asinine but I certainly think he has the right to say it. And being a basketball player doesn’t forfeit him that right.

The same with Tebow (and a million others) and their faith. And Brady and his friendship with Donald Trump. And Maya and her fight for prison reform. And on and on.
All of these guys/gals has a platform and use it to further causes THEY believe in. Rightly so (whether I agree or disagree with said cause or opinion).

ukpumacat
07-22-2021, 10:32 AM
Really enjoyed this playoffs. Loved that a small market organic team won. Love Giannis! What a humble likable guy. Games were exciting. Giannis block on Ayton was Prince level incredible.

For sure!

Darryl
07-22-2021, 10:49 AM
I would go fine by me.

The point is that he would have the right to say it. My agreement or disagreement doesn’t change that fact.

And I wouldn’t be posting on this board that he should just stfu and play basketball simply because I disagreed with him.

Kyrie Irving believes (or said he did) that the earth is flat. I think that is asinine but I certainly think he has the right to say it. And being a basketball player doesn’t forfeit him that right.

The same with Tebow (and a million others) and their faith. And Brady and his friendship with Donald Trump. And Maya and her fight for prison reform. And on and on.
All of these guys/gals has a platform and use it to further causes THEY believe in. Rightly so (whether I agree or disagree with said cause or opinion).

D, conservatives do NOT have the same rights to voice their opinions. You and I both know it.
To argue it is a bit crazy.

I am not referencing you; I think you’re a very fair person and a good friend.

Darryl

ukpumacat
07-22-2021, 12:05 PM
D, conservatives do NOT have the same rights to voice their opinions. You and I both know it.
To argue it is a bit crazy.

I am not referencing you; I think you’re a very fair person and a good friend.

Darryl

I am not debating that. Or saying anything specific to conservatives. I am arguing for all, equally.

I am saying LeBron has the right to speak his opinion. And not just right, I believe he has an obligation to use his platform for what he believes in as good.
You and Suncat and anyone else can disagree with his opinions. But one should never argue he has the right to speak them or to tell him to just stfu and dribble.

Like I said, Tebow is a good example of this imo. Not everyone agreed with his faith. And I have no doubt it irked many who do not share his faith that every time a microphone was in front of him he was proselytizing.
Many likely wanted him to “stfu and pass”.

But not me.

He had every right (and again, obligation imo) to not only believe what he wants but to talk about it. He sees sharing his faith as a great thing. And I think he and LeBron and anyone else has every right to share their opinions. And we all have a right to stop buying their jersey or not agree with them if we want.
I just don’t think any of them are “bungholes” for speaking out on what they believe is right.
I would do the same in their shoes.

Darryl
07-22-2021, 12:16 PM
James is as big a race-baiter as Al Sharpton or any white supremacist. I despise those people.

He also is a gutless hypocrite that never speaks out against that horrible Chinese regime.

Darryl

KentuckyWildcat
07-22-2021, 08:24 PM
James is as big a race-baiter as Al Sharpton or any white supremacist. I despise those people.

He also is a gutless hypocrite that never speaks out against that horrible Chinese regime.

Darryl

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/china-wont-carry-lebrons-space-jam

suncat05
07-25-2021, 10:14 AM
I am not debating that. Or saying anything specific to conservatives. I am arguing for all, equally.

I am saying LeBron has the right to speak his opinion. And not just right, I believe he has an obligation to use his platform for what he believes in as good.
You and Suncat and anyone else can disagree with his opinions. But one should never argue he has the right to speak them or to tell him to just stfu and dribble.

Like I said, Tebow is a good example of this imo. Not everyone agreed with his faith. And I have no doubt it irked many who do not share his faith that every time a microphone was in front of him he was proselytizing.
Many likely wanted him to “stfu and pass”.

But not me.

He had every right (and again, obligation imo) to not only believe what he wants but to talk about it. He sees sharing his faith as a great thing. And I think he and LeBron and anyone else has every right to share their opinions. And we all have a right to stop buying their jersey or not agree with them if we want.
I just don’t think any of them are “bungholes” for speaking out on what they believe is right.
I would do the same in their shoes.

I meant exactly what I said. Every last word of it.
And LeBron says what he says because he is a Communist Chinese shill that loves the money he is making off the backs of Chinese slave and child labor. And of course I agree that he can say whatever he likes, because he has the same rights, as an American citizen that we all do. But I don't want to, and do not intend to listen to anything he has to say because I don't agree with most of the things that he says.
And in my opinion, he is nowhere close to being right. But that's just me. You know, being an independent thinker and all.

Oh, BTW, I said "STHU" not "STFU", because I very seldom use the "F" word. Very seldom.

LeBron James is a perfect example of everything that is wrong with the NBA. And one of the reasons I don't watch anymore, because the basketball product is nothing close to being as good as it was when I was much younger. It's NOT "basketball" anymore, it is glorified street ball, not basketball in the way it was played just a few years ago. But maybe that's the traditionalist in me remembering how good the NBA used to be, as opposed to how crummy it is now.

dan_bgblue
07-25-2021, 12:14 PM

I care because the pathetic media will pick up the comments and the video spots and shove it in my face for days and me knowing the entire time that young minds are being influenced with the spoiled brat ideas and attitudes of those "super star" turds.