PDA

View Full Version : 5 for 5 movie madness..5 you have seen 5 time that are still scary!

Doc
07-11-2021, 01:23 PM
1) Alien....by a long shot
2) Exorcist
3) Audition. A Japanese cult classic. Most wont have seen but is a good one if you make it past the first 1:15
4) Night of the Living Dead. The George Romero original
5) The Shining

Honorable mention to Silenc of the Lambs and Blair Witch

Doc
07-11-2021, 01:24 PM
I would include the democratic national convention but did not see 5 times (LOL)

Darrell KSR
07-11-2021, 05:37 PM
3) Audition. A Japanese cult classic. Most wont have seen but is a good one if you make it past the first 1:15

Good grief, I had to look this one up. I'm not sure I can take watching it. But I probably will.

PedroDaGr8
07-12-2021, 10:42 AM
If you can't tell, my taste in scary trends towards the psychological:

1. The Silence Of The Lambs
2. Train To Busan - Excellent Korean Zombie Film. If you haven't seen this movie, you need to.
3. Jacob's Ladder
4. Alien
5. The Mist

Honorable Mention because I have only watched it once and will never watch it again: Requiem For A Dream. Not so much scary in a traditional sense, this movie is stunningly artistic while simultaneously deeply disturbing/terifying at the psychological level. This movie is every bit as scary/traumatizing as any movie I have ever seen. I consider it the BEST movie I will only watch once.

blueboss
07-12-2021, 01:03 PM
I’m still not wild about those damn flying monkeys, and the scary forrest with the mean apple tree in the Wizard of Oz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catfan73
07-12-2021, 03:03 PM
I don’t think I’ve seen any of these five times but…

The Shining
Deliverance
The Exorcist
The Grudge (Japanese original)
The Amityville Horror (well at least the book was scary)

Catfan73
07-12-2021, 03:06 PM
Honorable Mention because I have only watched it once and will never watch it again: Requiem For A Dream. Not so much scary in a traditional sense, this movie is stunningly artistic while simultaneously deeply disturbing/terifying at the psychological level. This movie is every bit as scary/traumatizing as any movie I have ever seen. I consider it the BEST movie I will only watch once.

That movie is downright disturbing. Another one by Darren Aronofsky if you haven’t seen it, is Mother! with Jennifer Lawrence and Javier Bardem. I pretty much hated it but some people apparently loved it so IDK.

blueboss
07-12-2021, 05:34 PM
Alien 1&2

Exorcist, and really any devil movie, the devil and demons are real… as opposed to monsters and such.

Jeepers Creepers is pretty intense.

Whatever Happened To Baby Jane

The Serpent and the Rainbow, being buried alive, I literally can’t watch.

The Shinning has to be on any scary list

(Newer film that got me was The Conjuring)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KeithKSR
07-19-2021, 10:55 AM
The original Night of the Living Dead is much better than later versions.