PDA

View Full Version : Why I'm not on the cloud

CitizenBBN
06-30-2021, 02:10 PM
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/microsoft-exec-targeting-of-americans-records-routine

I run my own email server, and highly recommend Signal for text communications. I maintain my own offsite and onsite backups. I have nothing on the cloud other than no doubt my browsing history.

This is why.

Big Brother is watching you, and he's even gaining popularity in this country.

dan_bgblue
06-30-2021, 03:31 PM
I have never intentionally stored anything in the cloud. Are Microsoft and Gmail doing that for me without my knowledge and consent?

CitizenBBN
06-30-2021, 03:46 PM
I have never intentionally stored anything in the cloud. Are Microsoft and Gmail doing that for me without my knowledge and consent?

Gmail is the cloud. If they store your data, they can give the government access.

I store my email on my own physical machines. It can be intercepted during transfer but that's trickier than just getting a warrant to open a file at Google. You can of course use encryption on email. I do use encrypted texting for everything I can.

All texts are stored for a time and available. All email sent through gmail or office365, etc. Heck they may store all email that goes through a phone for all I know, even on different servers.

I have nothing to hide, but that doesn't make the growth of government OK.

dan_bgblue
06-30-2021, 04:07 PM
Showing my ignorance here, but if I type up an email using word, what programs are available to use that allow me to send the file to someone's email address?