PDA

View Full Version : The Left wants to eliminate zoning laws

CitizenBBN
06-29-2021, 10:42 AM
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-abolishing-suburbs-biden-infrastructure

Think I'm exaggerating? I'm not. It's in the infrastructure negotiations to withhold transportation funds from states where there are laws to protect single family housing. Single family housing restrictions and lot sizes, etc. are basically the backbone of zoning laws, deciding what is residential and what is not.

It's unreal how far the Left is going to gain complete centralized control.

dan_bgblue
06-29-2021, 12:24 PM
It is right here in the President's own bill. Given the length of all the BS one has to read to find it is is easy to miss or just dismiss, but it is fully intended to take away local government's ability to zone land as they see fit.

Build and rehabilitate more than 500,000 homes for low- and middle-income homebuyers. President Biden is calling on Congress to take immediate steps to spur the construction and rehabilitation of homes for underserved communities. Specifically, he is calling on Congress to pass the innovative, bipartisan Neighborhood Homes Investment Act (NHIA). Offering $20 billion worth of NHIA tax credits over the next five years will result in approximately 500,000 homes built or rehabilitated, creating a pathway for more families to buy a home and start building wealth.
Eliminate exclusionary zoning and harmful land use policies. For decades, exclusionary zoning laws – like minimum lot sizes, mandatory parking requirements, and prohibitions on multifamily housing – have inflated housing and construction costs and locked families out of areas with more opportunities. President Biden is calling on Congress to enact an innovative, new competitive grant program that awards flexible and attractive funding to jurisdictions that take concrete steps to eliminate such needless barriers to producing affordable housing.

dan_bgblue
06-29-2021, 01:58 PM
After this crap bill passes, my $180,000.000 dollar house suddenly is valued at $75,000.00 on the open market because the large lot that was added to my property on a separate deed when we purchased the property, is taken by the county, for a $1,000.00 token payment to me, and rezoned from single family dwelling and permited for 6 different multi family buildings that will be rented to anyone with a county provided $300.00 per unit deposit.

Sadly the taxes on the $76,000.00 will equal the taxes on the $180,000.00 property, as the taxes on the $1,000.00 property will be absorbed by the county tax payers.

CitizenBBN
06-29-2021, 05:31 PM
I love how stuff like minimum parking requirements are somehow racist and superfluous. Developers love that. They love building out units with no parking spaces, and then messing up the streets and such so bad and no one can park their cars anywhere.

My house is in an historic district. Is that to be eliminated so we can knock down single family houses to put up apartments? Does Lexington have to end the urban service boundary altogether to stop restricting developable space?

The slum lords will love it. They can buy up a house and stick 6 families in it, or build a big apartment building in a nice residential area with no parking lot and let everyone park up and down the area streets.

suncat05
07-01-2021, 06:03 PM
This is politicians doing what do they best: CREATING PROBLEMS TO THROW MORE TAXPAYER MONEY AT TO FIX THE PROBLEM THAT THEY CREATED. OR MAKE IT EVEN WORSE. :mad0176:

We could fix this problem with these no-good lousy two-faced crooked criminal azz politicians.......... but there may be a problem with the solution that I have in mind. I'm just sayin'........:533: