PDA

View Full Version : Is Jimmy Carter back, or what?

dan_bgblue
06-11-2021, 08:52 PM
There’s a big inflation report today — another 0.6% in May. That’s 8.4% at an annual rate over the past three months. It’s 6.5% at an annual rate for the first five months of this year. The Federal Reserve’s target used to be 2%, which is what we had for over 20 years. It sounds really ominous.

Linkage (https://www.nysun.com/national/is-jimmy-carter-back-or-what/91537/)

Doc
06-12-2021, 09:56 AM
We need a drunken brother and a daughter selling lemonade on the White House lawn.

Of course we do have a drug addict racial slur chanting son who is selling access to China. Is that the same?

https://cbsnews3.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2019/10/31/ed2e2621-4fd7-4fd0-94ce-528add6e757c/thumbnail/1200x630g2/d2ffa55dc656d39c0c54f874d5e1c76e/billy-carter-and-president-jimmy-carter-alamy-top-promo.jpg

vs

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/10/15/09/34418592-8842709-In_some_of_the_images_Hunter_Biden_is_seen_with_a_ crack_pipe_han-a-1_1602749569849.jpg

dan_bgblue
06-12-2021, 10:10 AM
We need a drunken brother and a daughter selling lemonade on the White House lawn.

Of course we do have a drug addict racial slur chanting son who is selling access to China. Is that the same?

Worse. Billy was just selling beer to anyone foolish enough to buy it, but it was not hurting our economy.

KentuckyWildcat
06-12-2021, 12:13 PM
I wasn't here for Carter, but my previous boss used to remind me often of how he felt about Carter lol

CitizenBBN
06-12-2021, 05:56 PM
This is why extending the unemployment benefits was such a huge economic mistake. There was already going to be inflationary pressure from shortages in raw materials and manufactured goods, from timber to food to finished goods. Shortages in chips have spiked car prices, used car prices, cameras, you name it.

What the Democrats did to curry political favor was create a massive labor shortage that, through subsidies, increased spending but didn't increase employment, thus spiking wages and creating even more shortage and thus even more price pressure on goods and services.

So no one can hire, wages are going up but supply of goods and services is still in shortage, yet there is money in spending due to the federal borrowing to subsidize those who aren't working.

I'ts a sure fire way to put gas on inflationary coals.

And it won't let up until September, though some states are stopping benefits now in order to try to get people back to work and stabilize this bubble.

CitizenBBN
06-12-2021, 06:05 PM
As for Carter being back, I would give my eye teeth to have a "liberal" POTUS where liberal was defined the way it was in the 1970s. Carter and every other Democrat would have laughed out loud at the nonsense Biden and others are now endorsing.

In foreign policy Carter is not unlike Obama/Biden, but otherwise I'd take Carter over Biden any day. What biden wants is a return to the high tax, high government intervention days of Carter, on steroids. Carter inherited much of that structure which blew up in our faces as the oil crises hit us and other nations developed to allow investment and production to leave the US. Biden would return us to that model intentionally whereas Carter really didn't create it but also didn't lead us away from it.

Catonahottinroof
06-12-2021, 06:10 PM
My dad and I discussed this while I was in Kentucky this week. We’ve concluded this may be the long game to establishing a $15 minimum wage simply out of literal necessity by making many employees fat and happy to draw and not work.

As for Carter being back, I would give my eye teeth to have a "liberal" POTUS where liberal was defined the way it was in the 1970s. Carter and every other Democrat would have laughed out loud at the nonsense Biden and others are now endorsing.

In foreign policy Carter is not unlike Obama/Biden, but otherwise I'd take Carter over Biden any day. What biden wants is a return to the high tax, high government intervention days of Carter, on steroids. Carter inherited much of that structure which blew up in our faces as the oil crises hit us and other nations developed to allow investment and production to leave the US. Biden would return us to that model intentionally whereas Carter really didn't create it but also didn't lead us away from it.

CitizenBBN
06-13-2021, 04:40 PM
My dad and I discussed this while I was in Kentucky this week. We’ve concluded this may be the long game to establishing a $15 minimum wage simply out of literal necessity by making many employees fat and happy to draw and not work.

I think that was exactly their goal.

Also the border crisis is intentionally created to force a long term real open border. They know we cannot and will not deport tens of millions of people, so if they can get them all in now then we basically have no choice but to just open the border and be done with it. That's their plan.

That's why they don't see this as a "crisis". They can use the excuse of the deluge to release everyone without even a court date, and just ignore the current immigration laws. It's completely intentional.

And yes this is their plan for minimum wages as well. It puts so much pressure on wages that they get people to $15 anyway, and then it's also easier to get the law past post mortem as the argument becomes that it has little impact b/c most already make that wage. That's been used in the past.

Doc
06-14-2021, 11:07 AM
I think that was exactly their goal.

Also the border crisis is intentionally created to force a long term real open border. They know we cannot and will not deport tens of millions of people, so if they can get them all in now then we basically have no choice but to just open the border and be done with it. That's their plan.

That's why they don't see this as a "crisis". They can use the excuse of the deluge to release everyone without even a court date, and just ignore the current immigration laws. It's completely intentional.

And yes this is their plan for minimum wages as well. It puts so much pressure on wages that they get people to $15 anyway, and then it's also easier to get the law past post mortem as the argument becomes that it has little impact b/c most already make that wage. That's been used in the past.

In the Liberal mind, CRISIS = OPPORTUNITY.

Rahm Emanuel uttered this outloud, as the top guy in the Obama administration

You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.

It pertains to immigration, to mask mandates, to employment (or unemployment so to speak), to climate change, etc......... Always create a crisis so you can fix the crisis by implementing radical solutions (which usually are not solutions, but more a means to extract more power). When in doubt call it "existential" because people realize that an existential threat requires immediate and extreme reactions that go unquestioned because we don't have the time to question, lest the world end.

MickintheHam
06-16-2021, 11:42 AM
I haven’t heard Mr. Carter say a word about election fraud since he stopped flying around the world monitoring elections and telling people they need to eliminate voter fraud. I wonder why he stopped.