PDA

View Full Version : Reminder: California has some of the toughest anti gun laws of any state.

bigsky
05-26-2021, 03:55 PM
After listening to Gavin Newsome's grinning idiocy, I could not help myself.

The gunman, Sam Cassidy, owned a house where houses sell for a million bucks. He had a good union job in light rail. He burned down his house and then shot and killed his co-workers and then himself. But the Governor is sure it's about legal gun ownership.

Doc
05-26-2021, 04:29 PM
In 2017, there were roughly 40,000 gun murders. In 2016 there were 625,000 abortions. Think about that. Over 15x more fetuses killed than gunshot killings. (I used the most recent numbers I could find)

dan_bgblue
05-26-2021, 06:19 PM
I wonder what percentage of Americans want to ban weapons versus the percentage that want to ban abortions.

dan_bgblue
05-27-2021, 07:54 AM
Doc, I find it to be a huge coincidence that I read this today. It is a reprint of a May 19,2021 editorial

https://www.nysun.com/editorials/the-failure-of-roe-v-wade/91516/

bigsky
05-27-2021, 01:41 PM
Regardless of the complete change of subject, and back to my point; we already, one day later, have the President and others attacking law abiding gunowners over the horrible actions of this sick jackass. Politicking on the still warm bodies of the victims.

VirginiaCat
05-27-2021, 02:42 PM
Regardless of the complete change of subject, and back to my point; we already, one day later, have the President and others attacking law abiding gunowners over the horrible actions of this sick jackass. Politicking on the still warm bodies of the victims.

They are idiots..and I truly fear it is going to come down to legal officials trying to seize weapons from legal owners and someone is going to die, likely on both sides.

KeithKSR
05-27-2021, 07:25 PM
They are idiots..and I truly fear it is going to come down to legal officials trying to seize weapons from legal owners and someone is going to die, likely on both sides.

A confiscation attempt has catastrophe written all over it.

Let’s be honest, the gun restrictions aren’t about saving lives, but controlling lives.

catmanjack
05-27-2021, 08:54 PM
Certainly they are not that ignorant to believe control would stop all these incidents.

KeithKSR
05-28-2021, 06:06 PM
Certainly they are not that ignorant to believe control would stop all these incidents.

Stopping shootings is not their goal.

catmanjack
05-28-2021, 08:03 PM
True I keep trying to use common sense.

dan_bgblue
04-12-2022, 12:02 PM
Biden (BRANDON) says 'ghost gun' crackdown should be 'just the start' on gun control: 'None of this absolves Congress'

Gun control legislation is likely to remain stalled in Congress (https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-says-ghost-gun-ban-just-start-on-gun-control)

President Biden has had incremental success at implementing gun control through executive action, rolling out a rule last year to regulate pistol-stablizing braces, directing his Justice Department to target gun traffickers, and announcing a new crackdown on "ghost guns" Monday

suncat05
04-13-2022, 02:47 PM
Stopping shootings is not their goal.

BINGO!

bigsky
04-13-2022, 05:40 PM
NYC is a place where guns are generally illegal. They should enforce their own laws. Let’s Go Brandon!

catmanjack
04-17-2022, 08:46 PM
Criminals will get guns no matter the controls.

dan_bgblue
03-01-2023, 02:12 PM
Texas congressman introduces anti-gun registry bill as ATF cracks down on gun stores. More than 60 House Republicans sign onto bill requiring ATF to destroy gun purchase records (https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-congressman-introduces-anti-gun-registry-bill-atf-cracks-down-gun-stores)