PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Television Enclosure Recommendations?

Bakert
05-24-2021, 10:26 AM
We want to put a television outside to complete the pool complex* we put in this spring. I am vacillating between an outdoor television and using a regular television with one of a number of outdoor "otter box" like devices.

The primary reason for the interest in the latter is that outdoor televisions are expensive and few are "smart," which is something we want.

I have been looking at this: https://www.tvfortress.com/

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it, or knows someone who has one, or maybe had some other recommendations.

Thanks!!

*I use the term "complex" because given how much work I have done this spring, it certainly feels like it is a complex!! :)

KentuckyWildcat
05-24-2021, 01:22 PM
No but interested. I will say my brother in law has a standard TV under a porch with no issues. It is mostly out of the weather.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

KentuckyWildcat
05-25-2021, 10:31 AM
My swing set was a perfect location to hang an outdoor projector screen. However, we had to move that b/c of adding a pool. So now I plan on making a PVC frame to hang it and considering updating my projector to a 3d one. I just think 3d outside would be fun. We have lots of fun watching stuff outside. It is a good way to watch football for me. I'm not the biggest fan of the game, so I can have it on while I'm doing other things outside. And the girls can play outside, while I almost have a free moment of me time :)

KentuckyWildcat
05-25-2021, 10:34 AM
Here is a picture. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210525/822b7858d3a92f879b4b787b1aead37a.jpg

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

blueboss
05-26-2021, 09:30 AM
TV’s outside? Next thing you guys will want to do is put a bathroom indoors...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dan_bgblue
05-26-2021, 02:40 PM
TV’s outside? Next thing you guys will want to do is put a bathroom indoors...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or sell those sleeping bags and sleep on the floor inside.

KentuckyWildcat
05-26-2021, 07:36 PM
We want to put a television outside to complete the pool complex* we put in this spring. I am vacillating between an outdoor television and using a regular television with one of a number of outdoor "otter box" like devices.

The primary reason for the interest in the latter is that outdoor televisions are expensive and few are "smart," which is something we want.

Long term, it seems like it would be easier to buy a cheaper replacement TV for the Fortress than it would be to replace an outdoor TV.

KentuckyWildcat
06-13-2021, 04:41 PM
Has anyone watched a movie on one of the inflatable outdoor screens? If so, did it move around much?

VirginiaCat
06-17-2021, 02:20 PM
Has anyone watched a movie on one of the inflatable outdoor screens? If so, did it move around much?

WE use them for the kids in our Group homes. They do not move if properly anchored and are big enough.

KentuckyWildcat
06-18-2021, 07:04 AM
WE use them for the kids in our Group homes. They do not move if properly anchored and are big enough.

Thanks. Leaning that way. I could build a frame for my sheet pretty easy, but this seems like a good excuse to upgrade. I'm thinking the inflatable will be easier to setup than putting a frame together each time. Plus it would help the brightness, you lose a lot of light thru the sheet.

Doc
06-18-2021, 07:13 AM
We just put up the bracket and move the TV in and out. Makes it easier during hurricane seasons.We dont have a "complex", just a patio. Last house had the complex. We used a regular TV but it was well covered with a gable roof. Cost of TVs made it not a big deal if needs replacing.