PDA

View Full Version : More Women Now Carrying Guns

KeithKSR
02-04-2013, 09:39 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/More-women-now-are-carrying-guns-4246637.php

I think the trend is nationwide.

suncat05
02-04-2013, 10:28 AM
I am all for it. As long as they're not 'crazy'. It's a bad idea for a crazy woman to have a gun, much less carry a loaded one around.

KeithKSR
02-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Lots of women are getting their concealed carry licenses in our area. They've become much more proactive in thinking of self-defense.

Doc
02-04-2013, 02:02 PM

Doc
02-04-2013, 02:02 PM
I am all for it. As long as they're not 'crazy'. It's a bad idea for a crazy woman to have a gun, much less carry a loaded one around.

So in other words you are against women carrying guns because in my book they are all crazy!

suncat05
02-04-2013, 02:54 PM
Who's on first? ...........

Doc
02-04-2013, 03:32 PM
Who's on first? ...........

Maybe the gov't can come up with a 3-week gun permit for women. Got to turn it in every 3 weeks

(OK, I'm going to duck here).

ukblue
02-04-2013, 07:04 PM
My wife and all 3 of my daughters have their ccw permit. One of them can outshoot me.

CitizenBBN
02-04-2013, 08:41 PM
I get more and more women in my conceal carry classes. It's not a quick spike either, but a long trend. part of a very long trend in women taking on the role of defending themselves rather than relying solely on men. Self defense classes and such have been happening for a while, but in truth the best way to equalize a physical disadvantage is with a firearm.

God created men (and women). Samuel Colt made them equal. A tiny person can stop a big sumbitch with a pretty small gun.

I'm flat proud when I do even the little training I do to have a woman be able to carry a gun to protect herself. Every woman I've talked to who carries or has one for their home feels safer. They have taken a measure of control over the situation.

CitizenBBN
02-04-2013, 08:42 PM
My wife and all 3 of my daughters have their ccw permit. One of them can outshoot me.

The women shoot just fine in the class, and can outshoot them their fair share of the time.

suncat05
02-05-2013, 08:52 AM
Both my wife & daughter have their CCW's, and both are very good shooters. My son could care less, but he does know how to shoot. He's a great kid, just marches to the beat of a different drummer when it comes to guns & shooting, and that's okay. If pushed to do so in a self defenseless situation I am sure he'd pull the trigger.
Now, my wife & daughter, don't let them get a good sight picture on you and have a reason to pull the trigger.........

CitizenBBN
02-05-2013, 09:27 AM
Now, my wife & daughter, don't let them get a good sight picture on you and have a reason to pull the trigger.........

Suncat, how old is your daughter, and is she seeing anyone? That's my kind of girl. :4chsmu1:

suncat05
02-05-2013, 09:54 AM
Suncat, how old is your daughter, and is she seeing anyone? That's my kind of girl. :4chsmu1:

Well, Mom & I did try to raise her right! And sorry buddy, but she's already gotten herself a boyfriend, and he actually has some potential. Possible future doctor that likes to fish and shoot too!

CitizenBBN
02-05-2013, 09:58 AM
Well, Mom & I did try to raise her right! And sorry buddy, but she's already gotten herself a boyfriend, and he actually has some potential. Possible future doctor that likes to fish and shoot too!

Yeah, but that's just potential. The NBA drafts on potential and look at how many of them are busts. Now me, I've got a proven record. Good provider, great sense of humor, and what's better than a son in law with a Class III weapons license?

lol. :D

suncat05
02-05-2013, 10:01 AM
Yeah, but that's just potential. The NBA drafts on potential and look at how many of them are busts. Now me, I've got a proven record. Good provider, great sense of humor, and what's better than a son in law with a Class III weapons license?

LOL! All good points indeed!

ukblue
02-05-2013, 06:02 PM
The women shoot just fine in the class, and can outshoot them their fair share of the time.

I agree Chuck. If you give a gal a weapon that she can handle and is not afraid of the recoil they can be excellent shooters. The one that can out shoot me likes a python that I have which is a bit odd imo.

KeithKSR
02-05-2013, 07:53 PM

Maybe you should run that in a personal ad?