PDA

View Full Version : I'm confused. Who is the tyrant underming a free media again?

CitizenBBN
05-12-2021, 05:19 PM
In case you missed it the Biden Administration just released a "rule" to the White House press Corps that any quote from an Administration official must be sent to the Communications Department for review before being used/published.

Just like how Obama prosecuted more people in government agencies for talking to the media than any POTUS in US history.

yet Trump was the one endangering a free press b/c he had the gall to call them all lying, biased propaganda spewing hacks.

Programs!! Get your Programs here!! Can't tell the real fascists without a program!

KeithKSR
05-13-2021, 10:26 PM
It’s easy to distinguish the real fascists. They are the ones encouraging cable companies to discontinue news networks and developing rules for quotes to be published. They’re the ones who don’t eat meat, therefore no one should be allowed to eat meat. They are the ones who don’t like guns, therefore no one should be allowed to have guns. They are the ones canceling those who do not agree with the lockstep. Mostly, they are the ones who point fingers and call people fascists that support liberty and freedom.

suncat05
05-13-2021, 10:46 PM
It’s easy to distinguish the real fascists. They are the ones encouraging cable companies to discontinue news networks and developing rules for quotes to be published. They’re the ones who don’t eat meat, therefore no one should be allowed to eat meat. They are the ones who don’t like guns, therefore no one should be allowed to have guns. They are the ones canceling those who do not agree with the lockstep. Mostly, they are the ones who point fingers and call people fascists that support liberty and freedom.

Very, very dangerous path that we, as a nation, are headed down.
And where will be that point when it all breaks? And then what? A lot of people that I know are not just going to sit back and do what the other side demands, so where does that leave us as a nation? Because one side cannot arbitrarily have control over everyone. That's not what the Constitution says anyway, nor the Declaration of Independence. These are our founding documents, what we have lived by for well over 240 years. And if one side has total control over the other, then we no longer have a Republic, but instead a dictatorship.
There are 4 boxes. The first two, the soapbox and the pulpit box, are still being used, although to what extent and how successfully is in serious doubt. The third box, the ballot box, has in some places been co-opted and outright stolen by thieves in the night. If that is allowed to stand, then there is only one last alternative left to save this Republic. That last box I hope and pray that we never have to use.

Catonahottinroof
05-14-2021, 10:07 AM
The fact the government is trying to do this isn’t a huge surprise. The fact the media is going along with it is hugely disappointing......smh

KeithKSR
05-15-2021, 12:23 AM
The fact the government is trying to do this isn’t a huge surprise. The fact the media is going along with it is hugely disappointing......smh

The media has abdicated its role.

Doc
05-15-2021, 01:15 AM
Very, very dangerous path that we, as a nation, are headed down.
And where will be that point when it all breaks? And then what? A lot of people that I know are not just going to sit back and do what the other side demands, so where does that leave us as a nation? Because one side cannot arbitrarily have control over everyone. That's not what the Constitution says anyway, nor the Declaration of Independence. These are our founding documents, what we have lived by for well over 240 years. And if one side has total control over the other, then we no longer have a Republic, but instead a dictatorship.
There are 4 boxes. The first two, the soapbox and the pulpit box, are still being used, although to what extent and how successfully is in serious doubt. The third box, the ballot box, has in some places been co-opted and outright stolen by thieves in the night. If that is allowed to stand, then there is only one last alternative left to save this Republic. That last box I hope and pray that we never have to use.

Hey, it's for OUR protection.

dan_bgblue
05-15-2021, 08:48 AM
I thought the jury box was in there somewhere.

suncat05
05-15-2021, 10:01 AM
I thought the jury box was in there somewhere.

I don't recall the jury box being one of them.

1)The soap box
2)The pulpit box
3)The ballot box
4)The bullet box

Maybe I learned them wrong? :533:

suncat05
05-15-2021, 10:07 AM
Hey, it's for OUR protection.

I must be naive then, because I was always taught that taking care of ourselves is the first order of business in life.

I want the 'gubmint' to stay as far away from my family and me as they can. :mad0176:

dan_bgblue
05-15-2021, 03:56 PM
I think the pulpit box and the jury box must be interchangeable in some cultures

KeithKSR
05-16-2021, 04:04 PM
The government has forgotten that their responsibilities are limited to those outlined in the Constitution.

KentuckyWildcat
05-18-2021, 12:26 PM
The government has forgotten that their responsibilities are limited to those outlined in the Constitution.

They have not forgotten. They just don't care and want to eliminate it.

Side note: Anyone have an article or source? I'd like to read and share it.