PDA

View Full Version : An honest opinion

CitizenBBN
05-05-2021, 07:02 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-amtrak-story-fact-check-conductor-million-miles

Biden recently told a story of his use of Amtrak as Vice President. OK, fine.

The problem? It's completely baseless, and the story was about his personal use, his interaction with specific people with Amtrak, and visiting his mother. The timeline is utterly wrong.

He talked about the miles he racked up while VP visiting his mother, and that the Secret Service didn't like it (that's important to the chain of facts). Also recalled regularly greeting a certain conductor on those trips.

The problem is that conductor, who he recalled calling him "Joey" and touching his face as a greeting and upsetting the Secret Service in the process, retired in 1993, when Biden was Senator but definitely not VP, so no Secret Service to upset. Further, his mother, who he said he was visiting in these trips, died in 2010. The story was about him logging 1.5 million miles on Amtrak for these visits, but he was only VP for less than 2 years that she was alive. Further, he dates part of this story to a story that was run when he was VP for "four or five years" that talked about the 1.3 million miles he logged on Air Force 2. Further, the WH did announce when Biden hit 1 million miles, but it didn't happen until 2015. His mother had been gone 5 years at that point, and the conductor who he said specifically brought up that story and told him how many Amtrak miles he had logged (the number came from this conductor per Biden) had been retired more than 20 years and by that time I think was deceased.

So Here's a story where Biden could have known that conductor, he knew his name at least and that guy did exist. He did take the train to visit his mother. He was VP. He did fly in Air Force 2 for at least 1 million miles. But the tale he weaves from those things is utterly wrong. Completely. It's impossible for that conductor to have had that conversation with him, or to upset the Secret Service when he greeted "Joey" b/c Biden had no Secret Service as Senator.

So here's my question. Do you think he:

1) Is suffering from dementia/mental degradation to the point that all of these facts just blend in his head,

2) He otherwise has such a poor memory or other issues that he is sincerely convoluting all of these facts, or

3) does he just make this up on the spot to tell a good story, knowing no one seems to care it's a lie?

If there's a 4th option please put it out there. I'm really curious what people think.

I have an opinion. I have more insight on Biden than most any US POTUS in my lifetime, but I'm really curious what others think of these events.

KeithKSR
05-05-2021, 08:05 PM
I think it is option 4, all the above. He is obviously suffering from mental decline, mixes up facts, and has never hesitated to lie in order to enhance his yarns.

StuBleedsBlue2
05-05-2021, 08:51 PM
I think it's a whole big nothing and just a deflection away from acknowledging the great job he is doing relative to our last President.

If he gets some things mixed up about commuting, who really cares? And if you do, why? I'm not even 50 yet and I get routine, repetitive instances mixed up all the time and so does every other human being.

We also had two choices in this race, so if Biden is suffering some mental decline, it pales in comparison to the absolute empty human being he defeated.

catmanjack
05-05-2021, 09:00 PM
Far from doing a great job! But would expect nothing less!

catmanjack
05-05-2021, 09:01 PM
It’s kind of like your constant disagreement with anyone on any matter.

bigsky
05-05-2021, 09:09 PM
He lies as a matter of normal conversation. His story about his wife’s death was a fabrication that helped ruin an ordinary guy.

MickintheHam
05-05-2021, 10:03 PM
Biden has been riding Amtrak since he was first elected to the Senate some 45 years ago. I believe at one time he was commuting on almost a daily basis. Now that he suffers so greatly all these trips meld together without a timeline. I don’t know that he lies so much as he says things he wishes were true and presents them as fact. If people thought things couldn’t get worse after Trump, they need to realize the Presidency is the worst ever.

catmanjack
05-05-2021, 10:06 PM
I fear Harris myself, but yes this one is very bad.

CitizenBBN
05-06-2021, 03:32 PM
Connected? Nothing we don't know but Biden is actively encouraged to not take questions.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/jen-psaki-joe-biden-reporter-questions-press-david-axelrod-cnn

Apparently this saves him lots of time, presumably so he can focus on issuing even more executive orders than that "tyrant" Trump. lol

KeithKSR
05-09-2021, 08:49 AM
I think it's a whole big nothing and just a deflection away from acknowledging the great job he is doing relative to our last President.

If he gets some things mixed up about commuting, who really cares? And if you do, why? I'm not even 50 yet and I get routine, repetitive instances mixed up all the time and so does every other human being.

We also had two choices in this race, so if Biden is suffering some mental decline, it pales in comparison to the absolute empty human being he defeated.

Great job? The guy is a total disaster. Give me Trump back.

catmanjack
05-09-2021, 09:40 AM
I guess I would need an opinion as to why he is doing a great job!

bigsky
05-09-2021, 12:36 PM
Joe Biden has never stopped claiming a drunk driver killed his wife. It's a lie. It appears she was what we now call "a distracted driver". From Snopes: "Based on evidence and witness accounts, it appeared that Neilia Biden had pulled into the truck driver’s right of way at an intersection with a two-way stop, and the tractor-trailer driver was unable to stop in time to avoid striking her vehicle: The driver of the truck, Curtis C. Dunn of Pennsylvania, was not charged with drunk driving. He wasn’t charged with anything. The accident was an accident, and though the police file no longer exists, coverage in the newspapers at the time made it clear that fault was not in question. For whatever reason, Neilia Biden, who was holding the baby, ended up in the right of way of Dunn’s truck coming down a long hill.
“She had a stop sign. The truck driver did not,” Jerome Herlihy told me. He’s a retired judge who then was a deputy attorney general and once was a neighbor to Biden and remains friendly." Joe creates urban legends of himself in his own mind.

dan_bgblue
05-09-2021, 03:29 PM
Joe has been living in his own self prepared fantasy world since the mid 60's.

KeithKSR
05-10-2021, 05:28 PM
Joe Biden has never stopped claiming a drunk driver killed his wife. It's a lie. It appears she was what we now call "a distracted driver". From Snopes: "Based on evidence and witness accounts, it appeared that Neilia Biden had pulled into the truck driver’s right of way at an intersection with a two-way stop, and the tractor-trailer driver was unable to stop in time to avoid striking her vehicle: The driver of the truck, Curtis C. Dunn of Pennsylvania, was not charged with drunk driving. He wasn’t charged with anything. The accident was an accident, and though the police file no longer exists, coverage in the newspapers at the time made it clear that fault was not in question. For whatever reason, Neilia Biden, who was holding the baby, ended up in the right of way of Dunn’s truck coming down a long hill.
“She had a stop sign. The truck driver did not,” Jerome Herlihy told me. He’s a retired judge who then was a deputy attorney general and once was a neighbor to Biden and remains friendly." Joe creates urban legends of himself in his own mind.

Biden has always played loose with the truth. He was exaggerating his academic record and plagiarizing at least as far back as the 80s.

VirginiaCat
05-11-2021, 09:44 AM

Danger Will Robinson, we have a delusional poster! Biden is an unmitigated disaster as is every policy he is putting forward! TRUMP TRAIN 2024!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!