PDA

View Full Version : The new scarlet letter...

bigsky
05-01-2021, 01:19 PM
We could make people who don't get the vaccine sew a scarlet letter on their clothes, or maybe a gold star? That is very close to what people advocate these days. And just one reason for the level of distrust with government these days. The attacks on the first and second amendments, religion, free speech, defense of self and home, the oppression from the media, government actions destroying people's finances and livlihoods, (not covid but government's response to it) people have justifiable concerns with the federal government and the main stream media. We were told, "you don't need masks, don't buy them" We were told "it spreads on surfaces". Both were lies. We didn't get lied to by our government with polio and small pox. Hell the current feds refuse to acknowledge that this, this virus, was the biggest attack on our country in our lifetimes. We have a doddering imbecile as president and I don't know who's pulling his strings. We've rewritten language in ever increasing Orwellian way.

Yes I got the polio vaccine two different kinds, and I have the little button scar on my shoulder. And I've gotten this vaccine,and the pneumonia vaccine, and in three years I'll get the shingrix, but I am of a very different mind about mrna vaccines right now, experimental, unprecedented, rushed into service. I got J&J for that reason. And today, if people don't want to get the latest medical experiment, I will not second guess them. I certainly won't punish them for making personal health decisions about their own bodies.

CitizenBBN
05-01-2021, 06:34 PM
On a lot of levels you'll get no disagreement from me.

This nation is heading straight to totalitarianism, and it's coming from Lefists who are frightening in their Orwellian similarities.

I don't know if I'd draw my line in the sand on Covid, but yes this pandemic, climate change, everything is being used as an excuse to trample individual liberty. They are great excuses to justify sweeping reductions in rights and sweeping expansions of government (and now big corporate) control.

KeithKSR
05-05-2021, 06:33 AM
On a lot of levels you'll get no disagreement from me.

This nation is heading straight to totalitarianism, and it's coming from Lefists who are frightening in their Orwellian similarities.

I don't know if I'd draw my line in the sand on Covid, but yes this pandemic, climate change, everything is being used as an excuse to trample individual liberty. They are great excuses to justify sweeping reductions in rights and sweeping expansions of government (and now big corporate) control.

Yet, the woke crowd claims they are inclusive. If they were really inclusive they would support people being able to choose their own paths.

bigsky
05-05-2021, 01:03 PM
I just read a musician’s social media page that said, “if you are a conservative you must get off my page immediately”.

#unity

catmanjack
05-05-2021, 01:22 PM
They truly do not want unity the Democrats want to control and herd you around like zombies just taking it.

suncat05
05-09-2021, 10:08 AM
Yet, the woke crowd claims they are inclusive. If they were really inclusive they would support people being able to choose their own paths.

We'll see how inclusive they are when the bullets start flying. My take is that it'll be ugly, real ugly, and when the reality of their follies start to sink in, there will be a dynamic shift in their thought processes. Then, and only then, will there be any "inclusiveness". :sHa_grouphug3:

VirginiaCat
05-11-2021, 09:49 AM
We'll see how inclusive they are when the bullets start flying. My take is that it'll be ugly, real ugly, and when the reality of their follies start to sink in, there will be a dynamic shift in their thought processes. Then, and only then, will there be any "inclusiveness". :sHa_grouphug3:

Fully AGree with this...^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^