PDA

View Full Version : OT, I am proud of our nation. OSCARs Post Lowest Ratings Ever

Darryl
04-26-2021, 03:06 PM
Less than 10,000,000 watched that crap....

Darryl

bigsky
04-26-2021, 03:08 PM
Best Hollywood movie of 2020, “Closed”.

Darryl
04-26-2021, 03:36 PM
Link

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1386771449088724996

Darryl

ukpumacat
04-26-2021, 03:42 PM
Fwiw, I loved Sound of Metal. Great movie if any haven't seen it.

ShoesSwayedBlue
04-26-2021, 03:46 PM
Willing to bet it has a lot more to do with only about 10% as many people going to the movies last year as usual more than with any backlash against Hollywood, which has always been the way it is now.

Darryl
04-26-2021, 03:47 PM
Willing to bet it has a lot more to do with only about 10% as many people going to the movies last year as usual more than with any backlash against Hollywood, which has always been the way it is now.

The Emmys were down drastically too. They should have been up instead of a record low

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/09/21/emmys-2020-primetime-awards-show-ratings-drop-to-all-time-low.html

Darryl

Darryl
04-26-2021, 03:51 PM

Grammys lowest ever.

Darryl

KeithKSR
04-26-2021, 03:52 PM
The Emmys were down drastically too. They should have been up instead of a record low

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/09/21/emmys-2020-primetime-awards-show-ratings-drop-to-all-time-low.html

Darryl

All the awards shows have been tanking in the rankings since they became so political. The trend is likely to continue.

blueboss
04-26-2021, 04:38 PM
I agree with thread poster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LakeCat
04-26-2021, 04:58 PM
All the awards shows have been tanking in the rankings since they became so political. The trend is likely to continue.

Agree which shows the collective IQ of these self proclaimed stars. Real smart to totally alienate at least 50% probably significantly more than that of a money paying fan base. I will watch my wife's cooking shows over any of these self adulation charades.:mad0176:

bigsky
04-26-2021, 05:31 PM
Ready to pay for a Denzel Washington movie tho...

kingcat
04-26-2021, 05:41 PM
As for the Grammys, the music industry is almost at all stop and has been all year. it's going to take several years to recover, although the Cares Act went a long way towards keeping the industry somewhat intact.
Big money is made by live performance as well as the sales and airplay that accrues from that.

Only a handful in any genre can generate substantial profit online.
Interest has suffered proportionately.

As for the others, other than the streaming section of the entertainment industry, the whole thing looks rather bleak going forward.
The quantity of product as well the product itself is way, way down. And interest follows, as quality suffers where quantity is insufficient.

"According to a report issued Thursday by the research firm Ampere Analysis, 2020 and 2021 will be the hardest hit years for the entertainment industry, but it notes people should expect more long-term impacts over the next five years as things slowly start to reopen and production on film and TV finds a new way to move forward under social distancing guidelines"
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/entertainment-industry-estimated-lose-160-billion-5-years

There is huge change taking place in each segment of the industry..

"Yes, there will likely be a temporary post-lockdown backlash. But key to the longer-term prospects is the acceleration of consumer behavioral change, which will benefit streamers."

dan_bgblue
04-26-2021, 05:47 PM
Best Hollywood movie of 2020, “Closed”.

Witty, but at the same time absolutely true.

uklandrn
04-28-2021, 12:59 AM
I stopped going to movies in the late 90’s when I first started listening to all the ridiculous things actors were spewing. I decided they are more than welcome to voice their opinion in a free country and I am more than happy to stop supporting their platform. I’ve never looked back and am happier for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CitizenBBN
04-28-2021, 01:00 PM
They can't help themselves. Lady in a $100,000 dress stands up and says "I know you don't like it when we lecture you, but we're going to do it anyway" to start the show. At least they're honest about it.

Rich, self-absorbed, self-important, self-aggrandizing brats who live in million dollar homes with private security and gates lecturing working Americans who have to worry about bills and covid closings and crime about our "privilege".

And of course they are hypocritical as hell. They nominate a bunch of woke movies almost no one has seen as Best Picture, and to hold the awards show they go to a building and clear off all the homeless camps and put up a 10' chain link barrier so they can pat themselves on the back for supporting laws that let the homeless camp in your neighborhood park and you can't take your kids to go play. Their state closes a restaurant who has set up outside tables for open air eating and then give a permit to a food truck across the street b/c that's for a movie, and movies get special dispensation.

Nothing more than people who think they are special who feel a need to dispense their advice to the great unwashed masses. The 21st century version of "Let them eat cake."

CitizenBBN
04-28-2021, 01:02 PM
The only good comment I saw come out of it was from Tyler Perry, who said we should reject ALL hate. Including hate of any race, hate of the police, etc.

Sort of the same idea as MLK suggesting we should judge each other on the content of our character and not the color of our skin. Boy could we use him so very badly right now b/c these days everything from the liberal left (which used to be the protectors of things like civil rights) is to define everyone and everything by the color of our skin.