PDA

View Full Version : Bill Cosby: I'm tired

badrose
01-31-2013, 08:27 AM
https://www.teapartycommunity.com/photo/100889/bill/userid_35135/

https://dvhu1327i3h2y.cloudfront.net/file/pic/photo/2013/01/31/bf97369c3f4ad0de6237f76c7ef220ca_500.jpg

Bill Cosby "I'm 83 and Tired" I'm 83. Except for brief period in the 50's when I was doing my National Service, I've worked hard since I was 17. Except for some some serious health challenges, I put in 50-hour weeks, and didn't call in sick in nearly 40 years. I made a reasonable salary, but I didn't inherit my job or my income, and I worked to get where I am. Given the economy, it looks as though retirement was a bad idea, and I'm tired. Very tired. I'm tired of being told that I have to "spread the wealth" to people who don't have my work ethic. I'm tired of being told the government will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy to earn it. I'm tired of being told that Islam is a "Religion of Peace," when every day I can read dozens of stories of Muslim men killing their sisters, wives and daughters for their family "honor"; of Muslims rioting over some slight offense; of Muslims murdering Christian and Jews because they aren't "believers"; of Muslims burning schools for girls; of Muslims stoning teenage rape victims to death for "adultery"; of Muslims mutilating the genitals of little girls; all in the name of Allah, because the Qur'an and Shari'a law tells them to. I'm tired of being told that out of "tolerance for other cultures" we must let Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries use our oil money to fund mosques and Madrasa Islamic schools to preach hate in Australia , New Zealand , UK, America and Canada , while no one from these countries are allowed to fund a church, synagogue or religious school in Saudi Arabia or any other Arab country to teach love and tolerance.. I'm tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global warming, which no one is allowed to debate. I'm tired of being told that drug addicts have a disease, and I must help support and treat them, and pay for the damage they do. Did a giant germ rush out of a dark alley, grab them, and stuff white powder up their noses or stick a needle in their arm while they tried to fight it off? I'm tired of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians of all parties talking about innocent mistakes, stupid mistakes or youthful mistakes, when we all know they think their only mistake was getting caught. I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor. I'm really tired of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination or big-whatever for their problems. I'm also tired and fed up with seeing young men and women in their teens and early 20's be-deck them selves in tattoos and face studs, thereby making themselves unemployable and claiming money from the Government. Yes, I'm damn tired. But I'm also glad to be 83.. Because, mostly, I'm not going to have to see the world these people are making. I'm just sorry for my granddaughter and their children. Thank God I'm on the way out and not on the way in.

CitizenBBN
01-31-2013, 07:48 PM
I love Bill Cosby. Always have, and have loved his attitude as well as his comedy.

dan_bgblue
01-31-2013, 08:31 PM
I agree with all of that CBBN, and will add that he is loved by millions of Americans. I hope that message manages to see daylight on the tube in prime time

KeithKSR
01-31-2013, 08:35 PM
I agree with all of that CBBN, and will add that he is loved by millions of Americans. I hope that message manages to see daylight on the tube in prime time

Saw it on Facebook yesterday evening, shared it so others would see it.

Doc
01-31-2013, 09:57 PM
no doubt the murder of his son has quite a bit to do with the sense of despair in his remarks

CitizenBBN
01-31-2013, 11:34 PM
no doubt the murder of his son has quite a bit to do with the sense of despair in his remarks

yes and no IMO. No doubt it has an emotional impact, but Cosby has always been very upset by these issues. In part I think he's just seeing things like a lot of us on here, seeing this as an inexorable trend that cannot be stopped.

I would think as a black man who lived through the civil rights movement he must have had so much hope at that time of the betterment of the black community and the betterment of the country. He's been very clear that he thinks black "leaders" have sold the black community down the river and turned them into victims instead of empowered Americans.

So here he sits, the civil rights movement going from MLK to Sharpton and Jackson. Seen a minority President take office but doing so with the mission of further expanding the victim society he abhors. Sees the black community with a higher rate of illegitimate births than under slavery. Racism has obviously declined, but the middle class values he embraces have continued to be seen as a "white" culture.

Of course his view is more than just his ethnic group. I'm sure if he hadn't lost his son he might be more positive that things can improve, no argument there, but he's also an elderly man who has seen the country get worse in many ways with little hope of it getting better.

Not really disagreeing with you Doc, just thinking about how things must look to him in his life's experience. Not all bad, but not the dream MLK had either.

suncat05
02-01-2013, 09:09 AM
I agree with CBBN. And with what Cosby said, and how he said it, you realize exactly how sad our national/societal situation has become.

ColonelSteve
02-01-2013, 04:47 PM
what a jerk

suncat05
02-01-2013, 05:24 PM
what a jerk

Who's a jerk? :sCo_huhsign:

KeithKSR
02-01-2013, 06:25 PM
I heard today the average welfare recipient costs the taxpayer $46,000. That doesn't leave a lot of incentive for people to work.

suncat05
02-01-2013, 06:57 PM
I heard today the average welfare recipient costs the taxpayer $46,000. That doesn't leave a lot of incentive for people to work.
Well, I ain't gettin' any of it! :sAng_soapbox:

jhonjame
06-06-2013, 05:31 AM
Yes,I agree with CBBN. And with what Cosby said, and how he said it, you realize exactly how sad our national/societal situation has become.

Darrell KSR
06-06-2013, 09:27 AM
Only problem is, Bill Cosby didn't write that.

Robert A. Hall, former Massachusetts state senator, U.S. Marine Corps veteran, author of the 2005 book, The Good Bits, wrote it.

Cosby actually has a pretty strong denial of it on his own website, and specifically says he does not subscribe to the ugly views expressed in it.

CGWildcat
06-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Which makes the point Darrell, that the "common" man does not receive the notoriety a famous star does when it comes to remarks like this. This has been on the 'net for awhile now, and while I love the comments, it becomes a stronger message coming from the Cos! Which someone obviously thought through before attaching a famous face/voice to the words.

As for his denial of it, who knows? Perhaps he really doesn't agree as suggested on his site. Or maybe he does and will not offend those in Hollywood he has called friends for all these years??

Doc
06-07-2013, 11:28 AM
If he said it or not does not matter to me other than I agree with the statements. Personally I don't put any emphasis on who's mouth it come out of.