PDA

View Full Version : Can we PLEASE see some........

suncat05
08-29-2012, 06:12 PM
"I PLAY FOR KENTUCKY, I'M BETTER THAN YOU, AND NOW I'M GONNA BEAT YOUR ASS!!" from our boys in blue on Sunday?
I ain't asking for the world, I just want to see broken beaks and bloody feathers all over the field after the game!
Kentucky fans............I AM READY FOR SOME KENTUCKY FOOTBALL! :cool:

Lfbj00
08-29-2012, 08:12 PM
"I PLAY FOR KENTUCKY, I'M BETTER THAN YOU, AND NOW I'M GONNA BEAT YOUR ASS!!" from our boys in blue on Sunday?
I ain't asking for the world, I just want to see broken beaks and bloody feathers all over the field after the game!
Kentucky fans............I AM READY FOR SOME KENTUCKY FOOTBALL! :cool:

Suncat im with ya!! I posted this on the premie board, but everybody seems to be more intersted in the damn basketball team again. Dont get me wrong, i love my bball, but theyve had their season. So...

.I just finished watching our Fox affiliate-WDRB FOX41, and they are saying high of 85 with a 60% chance of rain, some heavy at times, with high winds possible. Then I switched it to our NBC affiliate-WAVE3, and they are saying a high of 85 with a 80% chance of rain, heavy at times with high winds.

Joker said today that they would practice a little on Friday with wet gloves on and wet balls to simulate conditions. Won't be a mudbowl, as PJCS has artificial turf. But that synthetic crap could be like a skating rink. How does this change the game, if any?? IMO, as I stated before, I think this puts way more emphasis on the running game, and the big uglies down in the trenches. Smash mouth football!!

truecatsfan
08-29-2012, 08:47 PM
Cant wait for Sun. to get here. From the sounds of the weather the game may be won in the trenches.

CitizenBBN
08-29-2012, 09:11 PM
Lfbj -- I think a lot of UK fans are more interested than they seem, they're just bracing emotionally. Not saying it's the right approach but I know I'm guilty of it with both basketball and football when things are in a slump.

Basketball is sky high and football is in a slump so I think people focus on the other in conversation, but I think even if UK comes out and shows something people will be with the team. There are no "moral victories" but if the fans get some hope for the season out of this one they'll be all over football IMO.

At least that's the vibe I get from people I talk to. They have this game circled in their minds, but they don't really want to admit it. I won't defend that, but I'm guilty of it as well and it's just human nature I guess.

As for the weather it sounds like it could be about anything and wont' know for a day or two with much certainty. I guess bad weather may favor us, but this is a gut check game for both teams b/c of the emotions involved.

Darrell KSR
08-29-2012, 11:28 PM
I have had the week from heck this week, or I would've been all over it.

Beat UL, and the interest with others will be rejuvenated. Lose to UL, and the apathy will grow....

suncat05
08-30-2012, 12:37 PM
CBBN makes a good point. Truthfully, our guys have given us little to cheer about the last couple of years. They know it. We know it. They know we know it, and they know that a good many fans are not happy with them, so they are in full realization that the natives are restless and not in the mood for more of the same nonsense.
I am willing to roll with them, win or lose, as long as they are putting up a good fight and showing some improvement from last year. But if it appears to me that they look like they'd rather be somewhere else like they've done to us before then I'm backing off and not wasting my time or my hard earned money supporting an iffy proposition. I need to see some substance that makes me believe that better days are on the horizon.

suncat05
08-30-2012, 12:57 PM
I just want to see some FIRE from them, that's important. I see some fire and some passion, like they want to be there and that they are truly engaged in the effort, then I'm all in. But if they come out and act like they don't want to be there then they've lost me.
I just have a hard time supporting half-hearted endeavors.

CatinIL
08-30-2012, 08:41 PM
I think this game will be close. Weather will be a factor. I like the idea that UK is going in as the underdog and Duhville fans seem seem overly confident. I think the CATS know what is on the line regarding Joker and will play hard. The closer we get to game time, the better I'm feeling about it.

Darrell KSR
08-30-2012, 09:21 PM
I just don't believe it's a 14+ point game. Gross overvaluing of Louisville, substantial undervaluing of Kentucky. UL may win the game, but UK may win the game, too. JMO (and I could be wrong.)