PDA

View Full Version : Biden Names John Kerry Climate Envoy

dan_bgblue
11-27-2020, 11:24 AM
Obama's author of the Paris accord is back for another shot at economic destruction

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/biden-names-john-kerry-climate-envoy/

CitizenBBN
11-27-2020, 04:50 PM
Makes China and India happy.

dan_bgblue
08-11-2021, 11:57 AM
I am sure John hated to read this.

Yes Dorothy Climate will change, but we are still playing with the algorithms and the input data (https://www.wsj.com/articles/ipcc-climate-change-report-gives-a-less-extreme-but-more-sobering-outlook-11628697997?mod=hp_featst_pos3)

Catfan73
08-11-2021, 12:20 PM
This is actually pretty scary stuff.
https://apple.news/ALBGoouegR5CARwYPFT5rhg

catmanjack
08-11-2021, 12:52 PM
Ok let’s cut population back to the late 1800’s and we could control it a bit.
But I really think eliminating cows is the first order by this group.

CitizenBBN
08-11-2021, 01:05 PM

It's also extremely political. IPCC and the UN have a huge vested interest in scaring people with climate change, especially the US.

that's not to say there isn't climate change, or that there is, just that it's extremely dangerous to take a knowingly heavily biased and political source as reliable evidence of anything.

It's equivalent to accepting WHO's conclusions on the origin of Covid, or, to use a more liberally disturbing example, accepting the NRA's statements on gun violence at face value. The UNC and IPCC are just as biased and self motivated as any conservative group a liberal may dislike, like the NRA.

Outside of repressive regimes like China or North Korea or Iran there may not be a more unreliable and biased and corrupt entity than the UN. I would look at the underlying work, and even then given the way research funding works it would pay to examine the epidemiology closely.

To be clear I have no doubt we are polluting our planet, but it's not clear which one will get us.

The biggest problem with climate change is that the US cannot act unilaterally to solve it, and the rest of the world lacks the will to impose the necessary restrictions on China, India and others. Without that whatever we do is basically useless. We will make ourselves a 2nd rate power and economy for nothing.

Catfan73
08-11-2021, 02:45 PM
“marshalling the work of hundreds of experts and peer-review studies. It represents the world’s full knowledge to date of the physical basis of climate change…”

Sounds to me like if you can’t trust these people who can you trust? These are the experts.

dan_bgblue
08-11-2021, 04:23 PM
Have you heard of Michael Mann? He was considered a well educated expert and was well trusted at one time.

The Hockey Stick (https://theindependent.com/opinion/letters/mann-s-climate-change-graph-is-a-lie/article_7ef1441c-e522-11e9-a34c-e3b7917c7f75.html)

Catfan73
08-11-2021, 05:14 PM
I remember Manfred Mann, Blinded by the Light lol. Here’s the guy you’re talking about though, from an actual scientific source….

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/earth-day-and-the-hockey-stick-a-singular-message/

Catonahottinroof
08-11-2021, 05:35 PM
This game has been played for a long, long time……
This article was written in the early 1990s
https://apnews.com/article/bd45c372caf118ec99964ea547880cd0

dan_bgblue
08-11-2021, 05:48 PM
My word, you do not trust the Grand Island Independent as a reliable source of info?

I also notice that the Scientific American document is not a peer reviewed paper. I do respect that website as a source of info though.

Catfan73
08-11-2021, 06:01 PM
Dan, I didn’t even notice the Grand Island part lol. Where is that?

I don’t know about you guys but I don’t want to be part of the generation that goes down in history as having had a chance to act to mitigate climate change but didn’t do anything until it was too late. Future generations (hopefully to include some of my dna) would never forgive us.

dan_bgblue
08-11-2021, 06:03 PM
At the very bottom of the webpage.

Doc
08-11-2021, 07:09 PM
The last climate/natural resourse scare I put any faith in was the oil shortage back in the 70's....when we had 20 years of gas left.

The one thing I got from our trip last week was the incredible vastness of this planet and how little the human population is. I now look at humans effect as the earth has VAST AND NEARLY endless surpluses. Does not mean we should be wreckless and wasteful but the concept that we are near the end is laughable

dan_bgblue
08-11-2021, 07:21 PM
Very well said Doc.

CitizenBBN
08-11-2021, 07:29 PM
“marshalling the work of hundreds of experts and peer-review studies. It represents the world’s full knowledge to date of the physical basis of climate change…”

Sounds to me like if you can’t trust these people who can you trust? These are the experts.

You think a statement like that means you can trust people?

I have this bridge I think you need to invest in.....

Are you saying the UN doesn't have a political agenda? They are the ones compiling this research, and conveniently funding a lot of it too.

Your position is the same as someone defending the Tobacco Institute in the 1970s. It was a research entity with PhDs and everything, and they cranked out study after study showing smoking wasn't really that bad for you and there was no link to this or that cancer.

Of course it was funded by the tobacco companies, but we know that no researcher or PhD would ever color their work to get funded. Oh no.

The point isn't whether there is climate change, but how much, caused by what, and most important what policy actions do we take from it.

That last part is where the scare has to get ginned up, in order to get people to agree to things they would otherwise never support.

dan_bgblue
08-11-2021, 07:55 PM
That last part is where the scare has to get ginned up, in order to get people to agree to things they would otherwise never support.

Covid 19, mortality numbers, ICU numbers, CDC research, expert opinions. Garnered a lot of support for the vaccines. I am not saying the research is/was correct, but there is s huge difference of opinion among our population.

Catfan73
08-11-2021, 07:56 PM
The whole anti-science pickle we’re in now with vaccinations started with big oil’s climate denial. It’s trickled down to anything and everything involving science because they couldn’t very well stop at climate change; they had to discredit all scientific expertise. They’re the ones with an actual vested interest, not some imagined agenda from the UN. But I’ll leave you guys to your echo chamber. I’ve got to look at cooler places to retire. It’s 9:00 and the heat index in Louisville is still 96.

dan_bgblue
08-11-2021, 08:05 PM
When I was 10 years old we lived in the country and had never heard of air conditioning. We had 1 window fan. I worked in tobacco fields, at 10 with a hoe in my hand, in the summer and today would have been a typical summer day.

catmanjack
08-11-2021, 08:12 PM
It’s all what you want to believe with the actual truth being hidden.
Global warming has been going on for a million years.

CitizenBBN
08-11-2021, 10:34 PM
The whole anti-science pickle we’re in now with vaccinations started with big oil’s climate denial. It’s trickled down to anything and everything involving science because they couldn’t very well stop at climate change; they had to discredit all scientific expertise. They’re the ones with an actual vested interest, not some imagined agenda from the UN. But I’ll leave you guys to your echo chamber. I’ve got to look at cooler places to retire. It’s 9:00 and the heat index in Louisville is still 96.

It started LONG before that, and it started with government.

Among African Americans it started with at least the Tuskeegee Experiments.

For anti-vaccination it began with the first vaccination, smallpox. IN England in the early 1800s anti-vaccination leagues formed even then, afraid of the vaccine.

So it goes back at least 200 years, which of course is the history of vaccinations themselves.

For the current crisis it is a culmination of lie upon lie by our government, including the lies even during Covid. Fauci and the Surgeon General told "lies of morality" when they said we didn't need masks b/c they were afraid we would run out. They didn't just say "yes masks may help but we don't have enough."

Then when Trump was in office Kamala Harris, and Cuomo and others sowed doubt on it.

This has nothing to do with "climate denial", a phrase which in itself is a linguistic trick of totalitarianism. The Left is expert at using language to frame anyone who disagrees with them as racist, sexist, dumb, or otherwise ill motivated. It can't be an honest disagreement based on a fair interpretation of the evidence.

And this is not an echo chamber, which again is just an insult to our intelligence, subtly dismissing a perspective you don't like by attacking the messengers.

Here's a link to the smallpox anti-vac movement, which should in and of itself disprove your hypothesis:

https://ftp.historyofvaccines.org/index.php/content/articles/history-anti-vaccination-movements

Anti-vaccination and distrust of authority, medicine, government is about as old as human civilization. It was going to be hard to sell to about half of the population regardless of the details, and when it got wrapped up in our current political divide it got a lot harder.

Also, last note, you'll notice none of this discussion DENIED anything. The point is to simply not accept this report as fact.

In the end the issue is making policy, and you can't make good policy on poor conclusions. Even accepting we face a climate problem does not mean we should accept the timelines, projections, or ignore the simple issue of solvency. that is to say if we do X, does it change anything?

KeithKSR
08-12-2021, 01:35 AM

It would be scary if any of their projections actually came to pass. So far the IPCC has missed on every single climate prediction they have ever made.

Why do we still have sea ice in the Arctic? https://nsidc.org/data/seaice_index/images/daily_images/N_daily_concentration_hires.png

The climate politicians, because they aren’t scientists, have given various dates that have already passed, like this one: https://news.mongabay.com/2009/08/summer-sea-ice-likely-to-disappear-in-the-arctic-by-2015/

It is an uncomfortable and avoided truth that in the current interglacial period, the Holocene epoch, temperatures remain below the Holocene Optimum.

Let’s not forget about the great sea level scam. There used to be interactive maps that showed US coastal cities flooded by 2020. They had to pull all of them for obvious reasons, namely that they were incorrect.

Have you noticed all the money in the US budget for sea walls to protect cities from these impending floods? You won’t have noticed because it isn’t budgeted, and sea walls aren’t being constructed. Why do you think those preparations aren’t being made for those areas?

Obama was so worried about sea rise that he purchased a coastal estate after he left the White House.

Recent summers are so warm that none of them can crack to top ten warmest months for Lexington. In fact there are just two months in this century that cracked the top ten list, which includes a total of 18 months.

In an interglacial period the expectation is for temperatures to increase. Part of that increase is going to be due to human activity. Those increases have not been nearly as extreme as expected, and the correlation between CO2 and temperatures is not nearly as strong as any of the climate models were designed to account for.

Catfan73
08-12-2021, 07:41 AM
When I was 10 years old we lived in the country and had never heard of air conditioning. We had 1 window fan. I worked in tobacco fields, at 10 with a hoe in my hand, in the summer and today would have been a typical summer day.

We had an exhaust fan in a utility room window and a big round floor fan in the living room. Sometimes I wonder whatever happened to that thing. Dad must have pitched it when he finally got central air after most of us kids were grown and gone.

dan_bgblue
08-12-2021, 10:19 AM
Our window fan, located in the dining room window, was reversible and at night when the temp would drop into the 70s Mom or Dad would switch it to exhaust and open the bedroom windows about an inch to create a nice stiff breeze that blew across the beds. With the sweat evaporating it felt like they had turned on an air conditioner, and that feeling generally lasted long enough to fall asleep.

KeithKSR
08-12-2021, 11:27 AM
Our window fan, located in the dining room window, was reversible and at night when the temp would drop into the 70s Mom or Dad would switch it to exhaust and open the bedroom windows about an inch to create a nice stiff breeze that blew across the beds. With the sweat evaporating it felt like they had turned on an air conditioner, and that feeling generally lasted long enough to fall asleep.

I remember nights growing up that it was so hot that you couldn’t sleep. There were always some of those each summer. Before AC was prevalent most people looked for shady areas outside to stay cooler, especially in the evenings after working in the heat. It’s all in what people become accustomed to.

VirginiaCat
08-12-2021, 12:49 PM

Climate change is another major money maker. Follow the money. As always. In this case it is an attempt to shift wealth from some countries to another.

Is climate changing. Yep. Has been since the last mini ice age.

The loons you are relying upon have not hit one target or date they have talked about since they started running their mouths in the 1970's. Not one. go look. They have not been right even 1 single time. Ever.

KeithKSR
08-12-2021, 01:59 PM
Climate change is another major money maker. Follow the money. As always. In this case it is an attempt to shift wealth from some countries to another.

Is climate changing. Yep. Has been since the last mini ice age.

The loons you are relying upon have not hit one target or date they have talked about since they started running their mouths in the 1970's. Not one. go look. They have not been right even 1 single time. Ever.

Follow the money is a universal truth in today’s “science.” There is big money available for researchers as long as their research indicates that earth is on the precipice of disaster. The amount of data skewing in climate science is startling. Even raw data is skewed due to placement of weather monitoring equipment. https://thenewamerican.com/study-shows-global-warming-data-skewed-by-bad-monitoring/

On the flip side any study that doesn’t instill panic is suppressed, many studies that should be included in peer reviewed journals get yanked over the screeching of climate panic propagators. Furthermore, studies that do not promote panic receive very little, if any, funding.

Catfan73
08-12-2021, 05:20 PM
When the body of evidence becomes overwhelming—and sorry, but it is—scientific theory becomes accepted fact. Sure there’s a possibility it could still be wrong, but there’s also the possibility—a much greater one per decades of research—that the climate denial side (sorry, I don’t know what to call it) is wrong. One of these possibilities ends in worldwide catastrophe; the other forces us to replace fossil fuels a little sooner than we inevitably will have to anyway. The better course of action scientifically, ethically, philosophically, and morally is to act now. That’s all I’m going to say about it.

VirginiaCat
08-13-2021, 06:37 AM
When the body of evidence becomes overwhelming—and sorry, but it is—scientific theory becomes accepted fact. Sure there’s a possibility it could still be wrong, but there’s also the possibility—a much greater one per decades of research—that the climate denial side (sorry, I don’t know what to call it) is wrong. One of these possibilities ends in worldwide catastrophe; the other forces us to replace fossil fuels a little sooner than we inevitably will have to anyway. The better course of action scientifically, ethically, philosophically, and morally is to act now. That’s all I’m going to say about it.

Feel free to throw away your money.

Or we can look at their prior predictions of doom and expect different results....oh yeah, that is insanity.

IT is 100% about money. Who gets rich and who doesn't. PERIOD.

And you are wrong. It is a theory. Not proven and as shown in plenty of the data above, not supported by the preponderance of the evidence.

And there are other options than your two. Accept that the world is heating and there is very little we humans can do about it. It heats and cools all the time. Just over time frames we humans are too short lived to appreciate the cycle. And there is no money to be made in those term of cycles.

dan_bgblue
08-13-2021, 07:29 AM
The amount of data skewing in climate science is startling. Even raw data is skewed due to placement of weather monitoring equipment. https://thenewamerican.com/study-sho...ad-monitoring/

In the case of Bowling Green, it is not even the placement of the automatic weather monitoring station placement as the weather station is where it has always been which 40 years ago was out in the country at the small county airport. It is still there, but the Bowling Green heat island has grown around the monitoring station.

My daughter bought a house within a mile of the BG airport about 8 years ago. My wife and I live in the country about 6 miles outside the BG heat island. When visiting our daughter I would notice that the temperature would always be 3 to 4 degrees warmer at her house than it was at our house in the country. This did not vary for temps in the winter or summer.

Bowling Green installed a new weather station about 3 years ago, outside the heat island, that they plugged into the WKU statewide Mesonet. One can monitor the temperature differences between the 2 stations but they still use the readings from the station at the airport, which NOAA considers to be the official station, to gather official local temp data. This is truly man made warmer temps, but only for a very small area around Bowling Green

CitizenBBN
08-13-2021, 09:19 AM

The problem isn't us replacing fossil fuels, though you'll notice Biden has shut down a lot of US production WITHOUT any offsetting rise in production of energy through other means, which is kind of important.

Thus the rising prices.

Then the contradictory stance that he wants OPEC to INCREASE production. Huh?

But the fundamental problem is that even if the US completely changes, it won't move the needle on climate change projections due to the massive use of fossil fuels in other nations like China and INdia and the entire developing world.

So what will happen is that the US costs of production of EVERYTHING WE MAKE will be even higher than the Chinese and INdian production, making us completey uncompetitive in the global marketplace, meaning that the US economy will shrink significantly, and we won't even do anything to prevent climate change.

Hope is something best left for prayer. Policy decisions need to be based on the harsh realities of what we can accomplish in the real world. In the real world even if we accept the most dire predictions of climate change the only hope is to browbeat the rest of the world into changing while we change, or there isn't much point.

And the most dire of those predictions will no doubt be proved wrong. As VirginiaCat said, if you follow the doomsayers since the 1970s, like the Echrlichs, the Wordwatch Institute, etc. you'll see they are far more dire than reality on a consistent basis.

I have no doubt that humans are polluting our planet, and that pollution is bad. But there are numerous threats facing us there and some are even more of a risk than climate changes. I'm all for us and the world reducing their pollution footprint, but we have to be sober about what we can accomplish or we will not make any real changes.

Making policy b/c it makes us feel like we're doing good is useless and harmful. We need to make policy that ACTUALLY DOES good, and right now that's not what we're doing. Shutting down pipelines and drilling unilaterally with no plan for replacement will only move production back to OPEC and strengthen nations like Russia and China, and not really shift energy use on a global level enough to measure.

catmanjack
08-13-2021, 10:26 AM
Citizen you are adding too much logic to your post, democratic rule has zero logic.

dan_bgblue
08-13-2021, 01:16 PM
I'm all for us and the world reducing their pollution footprint, but we have to be sober about what we can accomplish or we will not make any real changes.

I take it that you are not a supporter of the Paris climate accord nor our participation in same?

KeithKSR
08-13-2021, 02:24 PM

Warming is taking place, but it hasn’t led to the catastrophes predicted by the climate change peddlers of doom.

KeithKSR
08-13-2021, 02:28 PM
In the case of Bowling Green, it is not even the placement of the automatic weather monitoring station placement as the weather station is where it has always been which 40 years ago was out in the country at the small county airport. It is still there, but the Bowling Green heat island has grown around the monitoring station.

My daughter bought a house within a mile of the BG airport about 8 years ago. My wife and I live in the country about 6 miles outside the BG heat island. When visiting our daughter I would notice that the temperature would always be 3 to 4 degrees warmer at her house than it was at our house in the country. This did not vary for temps in the winter or summer.

Bowling Green installed a new weather station about 3 years ago, outside the heat island, that they plugged into the WKU statewide Mesonet. One can monitor the temperature differences between the 2 stations but they still use the readings from the station at the airport, which NOAA considers to be the official station, to gather official local temp data. This is truly man made warmer temps, but only for a very small area around Bowling Green

Most of the monitoring stations are positioned like that. Concrete and blacktop absorb a lot of solar energy during the day and radiate the heat at night.

CitizenBBN
08-13-2021, 03:48 PM
I take it that you are not a supporter of the Paris climate accord nor our participation in same?

Not at all. It was a giveaway where we give the most, Europe gives a small amount, and the rest of the world gives up almost nothing.

Further complicating it is that the US is and Europe are far more likely to live up to their actual agreements. Nations like China can choose to obey the laws and agreements they write as they are held to the rule of men and not the rule of law.

I don't think anyone is against "clean energy" or reducing pollution. The question is how we get there both as a nation and, far more problematically, as a planet.

Paris and the current Administration's approach (along with Obama's etc.) is nothing more than the equivalent of the movement in the 1980s to unilaterally disarm our nuclear stockpiles in the name of peace. It wasn't going to bring peace and it wasn't going to benefit the US's position in the world economically or otherwise.

LIkewise this won't bring about a change in our climate future nor will it in any way benefit the people of this nation. We will still have all the ill effects of climate change but without the economic resources to combat them as we will become a second rate power.

VirginiaCat
08-15-2021, 05:59 PM

They are a CF for Western Society and nothing but a wealth shift.

KeithKSR
08-16-2021, 01:09 AM
Not at all. It was a giveaway where we give the most, Europe gives a small amount, and the rest of the world gives up almost nothing.

Further complicating it is that the US is and Europe are far more likely to live up to their actual agreements. Nations like China can choose to obey the laws and agreements they write as they are held to the rule of men and not the rule of law.

I don't think anyone is against "clean energy" or reducing pollution. The question is how we get there both as a nation and, far more problematically, as a planet.

Paris and the current Administration's approach (along with Obama's etc.) is nothing more than the equivalent of the movement in the 1980s to unilaterally disarm our nuclear stockpiles in the name of peace. It wasn't going to bring peace and it wasn't going to benefit the US's position in the world economically or otherwise.

LIkewise this won't bring about a change in our climate future nor will it in any way benefit the people of this nation. We will still have all the ill effects of climate change but without the economic resources to combat them as we will become a second rate power.

The Paris Climate Accord, NATO, the United Nations all seem to get funded basically the same way. America pays the most, Europe promises and fails to pay to the level of their promises, others pay nothing.

The key to renewable energy will always be the ingenuity brought about by competition via capitalism.

dan_bgblue
09-05-2021, 01:17 PM
Hurricane Ida Isn’t the Whole Story on Climate

China Linkage (https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-plays-the-climate-card-john-kerry-wang-yi-11630620246?mod=hp_opin_pos_2#cxrecs_s)

It’s become popular for progressives to proclaim that climate change is the top threat to America’s national security. China’s Communist Party, by far the world’s top emitter of greenhouse gases, has taken note. This American delusion turns climate change into a major source of strategic leverage for Beijing.

Foreign Minister Wang Yi made this leverage explicit in a Wednesday lecture to U.S. climate envoy John Kerry, who is back in China pleading with its leaders to reduce the country’s carbon consumption. “The U.S. side wants the climate change cooperation to be an ‘oasis’ of China-U.S. relations,” Mr. Yi said, according to a Foreign Ministry readout of the meeting. But he insisted that “China-U.S. cooperation on climate change cannot be divorced from the overall situation of China-U.S. relations.”

Linkage (https://www.wsj.com/articles/hurricane-ida-henri-climate-change-united-nations-un-galsgow-conference-natural-disaster-infrastructure-carbon-emissions-11630704844?mod=hp_opin_pos_6#cxrecs_s)

The number of landfall hurricanes isn’t rising and the world is getting better at mitigating their destruction.

Editor’s note: As November’s global climate conference in Glasgow draws near, important facts about climate change don’t always make it into the dominant media coverage. We’re here to help. Each week contributor Bjorn Lomborg will provide some important background so readers can have a better understanding of the true effects of climate change and the real costs of climate policy.

Hurricane season has arrived in the Atlantic Ocean. Already this summer Hurricanes Henri and Ida have caused headline-generating damage and flooding in the Gulf states, the Southeast and the Middle Atlantic states. Yet despite what you may have heard, Atlantic hurricanes are not becoming more frequent. In fact, the frequency of hurricanes making landfall in the continental U.S. has declined slightly since 1900.

dan_bgblue
09-05-2021, 02:10 PM
Media Can’t Handle the Climate Truth
If, after four decades, scientists see less warming and lower emissions, isn’t that good news?
(https://www.wsj.com/articles/media-climate-change-truth-degrees-warming-disaster-hurricanes-flooding-adaptation-infrastructure-united-nations-11630703058?mod=hp_opin_pos_1)

If “news” is about how today differs from yesterday, the press missed a lot of news in the long-awaited new report from the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change that was issued a few weeks ago.

After 41 years of promoting a fuzzy and unsatisfying estimate of how much warming might result from a doubling of atmospheric CO2, the world’s climate science arbiter has finally offered the first real improvement in the history of modern climate science.

Through five previous U.N. assessment plus their predecessor, the 1979 Charney Report, the likely worst-case was a rise of 4.5 degrees Celsius. This came from averaging the result of inconsistent computer climate simulations about which the IPCC knew only one thing: They couldn’t all be right and perhaps none were.

Using real-world data, the new report now says the worst case is a 4-degree rise. More important, with much greater confidence than before, disastrous outcomes above 5 degrees are now found to be very unlikely.

In another departure, the U.N. panel now says the dire emissions scenario it promoted for two decades should be regarded as highly unlikely, with more plausible projections at least a third lower.

Doc
09-05-2021, 02:13 PM
The left loves to present that hurricanes are becoming more frequent. They are not

https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/articles/most-active-hurricane-seasons

When I see bullshit, I call it bullshit.

catmanjack
09-05-2021, 09:42 PM
Typical media driven narrative that fits the democratic approach.

KeithKSR
09-06-2021, 01:00 AM
The left loves to present that hurricanes are becoming more frequent. They are not

https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/articles/most-active-hurricane-seasons

When I see bullshit, I call it bullshit.

Look at Hurricane Katrina in 2005 and Hurricane Ida this year. They both had landfall at the same approximate time, August 28-29. If the number of named storms were increasing Ida would have a name with the first letter L or later in the alphabet.

dan_bgblue
10-15-2021, 07:42 AM
Rubio says time to fire Kerry (https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/sen-marco-rubio-fire-john-kerry-biden-climate-czar)

bigsky
10-18-2021, 10:43 AM
For the United States itself to stop global warming would require a decrease in the standard of living of about 90%. You don't read those articles anymore; they got scrubbed. But back in the Oughts it was acknowledged. China's and India's increasing energy use and affluence could barely be offset by all of us sitting around in a yurt roasting bits of rat over a dung fire. The language of the climate scientists is so anti human it should get them exposed. "There are too many humans." And the humans are living better lives. Why isn't there a very cheap effort to provide clean water to every human? Far more achievable and comparatively cheap. Solving Starvation could be next. Both of those increase human numbers, tho...

CitizenBBN
10-18-2021, 11:31 AM
That's the crux of the problem. The Paris Accord is useless, b/c it gives India and China (and some others) an out, and without them clamping down hard there is no change.

All that happens is the US cedes global leadership to the chinese, and we dont' even make a dent in global CO2 and other gas/pollutant output.

it's not a matter of believing or not believing in warming, or wanting to make a change. The problem is how to make a change, and the simple truth is that the US will need the agreement of nations that, after years of negotiations with the rest of the world, have no intention of agreeing.

dan_bgblue
10-18-2021, 11:45 AM
I always viewed yurt living as mansion dwelling. I had my cave picked out in southwestern KY. It was a dwelling for humans until the nasty invaders ran all the indigenous peoples off their nomadic hunting lands. 45 feet below ground, with a walk in entrance and a river running thru it. Plenty of firewood around and no bats. Only negative is that every few years it would experience a 10 inch rainfall in 24 to 36 hours and the river would flood the cave and push one out onto higher ground. This only happened in the spring so I would not freeze to death. I would have to raise and breed my own rats.

KeithKSR
10-18-2021, 07:52 PM
All that happens is the US cedes global leadership to the chinese, and we dont' even make a dent in global CO2 and other gas/pollutant output.

Isn’t that the entire goal of the socialist movement? They are very pro CCP.

dan_bgblue
10-28-2021, 07:43 PM
Joe Biden’s Blue Jay Yarn (https://www.nysun.com/editorials/joe-bidens-blue-jay-yarn/91705/)

News that President Biden wants budget authority to drop more than half a trillion dollars into the fiscal chasm of climate control reminds us of “Jim Baker’s Blue Jay Yarn.” That’s the tale told by Mark Twain about a Blue Jay who, spotting a hole in the roof of an empty cabin, starts dropping in acorns, only to get madder and madder as he discovers that the hole won’t fill up, while the acorns are gone.

bigsky
11-01-2021, 07:31 PM
Biden fell asleep in the big meeting today. Asked if he had any other faux pas, a spokesman said, “Depends.”

dan_bgblue
11-01-2021, 07:45 PM
Arrrgghhhh

dan_bgblue
11-02-2021, 11:25 AM
I wonder which one of his cabinet idiots wrote that speech for him? I hope he is not stupid enough to start his plan in motion before the major polluters agree to do their part, but I suspect I am hoping with no chance of my hope coming true. If Congress does not step in to stop the foolishness, I will start building wood stoves and flu pipe.

I am taking advanced orders

KeithKSR
11-03-2021, 12:29 PM
I wonder which one of his cabinet idiots wrote that speech for him? I hope he is not stupid enough to start his plan in motion before the major polluters agree to do their part, but I suspect I am hoping with no chance of my hope coming true. If Congress does not step in to stop the foolishness, I will start building wood stoves and flu pipe.

I am taking advanced orders

There is no bounds to the stupidity in the current White House. These are the same idiots that curtailed US energy production and are now begging Russia, the Middle East and others to produce more oil. I guess that helps if your son owes the Russians, Ukrainians and Chinese big favors, but it does nothing but hurt Americans.

dan_bgblue
11-11-2021, 07:14 AM
Kerry, "The Climate Guy" (https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kerry-criticized-for-response-to-question-about-forced-labor-in-china)

He deserves his own TV show. He and some smart guy can show how to build solar panels without child labor and keep track of the cost and show the cost of kilowatt hour production.

dan_bgblue
11-22-2021, 02:15 PM
Kerry rambles on about his thoughts on the Glasgow climate summit. He managed to tell al of us that this decade is a critical one in reducing the temperature of the globe. The last 3 decades have been critical and impending doom was supposed to already have happened if the goals were not met.

Wall Street Journal (https://www.wsj.com/articles/cop26-prepared-the-world-to-beat-climate-change-global-warming-emissions-glasgow-11637526170?mod=hp_opin_pos_5#cxrecs_s)

catmanjack
11-22-2021, 08:42 PM
What has actually been the temp increase these past 30 years.

dan_bgblue
11-23-2021, 06:58 AM
NOAA data is a .17 degree F rise per decade. This does not match some other data sets but appears to be a good averaage

catmanjack
11-23-2021, 10:15 AM
Population, eliminating the rainforest, cutting down trees these things all have a huge negative impact on the climate.

dan_bgblue
06-23-2022, 07:59 AM
https://www.foxnews.com/media/jesse-watters-biden-kerry-business-affair-continues-courtesy-american-taxpayer

blueboss
06-23-2022, 03:59 PM
Ok let’s cut population back to the late 1800’s and we could control it a bit.
But I really think eliminating cows is the first order by this group.

I have a potentially stupid question.

Are there more cows now than there were Buffalo then? Plus, I guess we should account for all of the other animals that contributed to methane build up who’s numbers are no where near where they were then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CitizenBBN
06-24-2022, 02:53 PM
I have a potentially stupid question.

Are there more cows now than there were Buffalo then? Plus, I guess we should account for all of the other animals that contributed to methane build up who’s numbers are no where near where they were then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's actually an excellent question.

It's estimated in the 1500s that between 30 and 60 million buffalo lived on the Great Plains.

There are about 30 million cows in the US today.

So no, it's a great point. As well as all the other animals that yes have been replaced by domesticated ones and human populations.

It's not the animals that are at issue, but obviously our very high living standard as humans, which consumes a great deal of energy. We can solve it, but we'll have to go back to living in huts.

dan_bgblue
07-20-2022, 10:07 AM
Douglas Murray: John Kerry 'jetting around' on a private plane, ignoring costs of his green energy transition (https://www.foxnews.com/media/douglas-murray-john-kerry-jetting-around-private-plane-ignoring-costs-green-energy-transition)

dan_bgblue
07-20-2022, 04:28 PM
Sleepy issuing more executive orders and throwing away a few billions of our dollars.

Linkage (https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-announces-executive-actionsclimate-crisis-focusesextreme-heatboosting-offshore-wind)

Additional info (Biden pledges to mobilize presidency to combat climate change: 'Code red for humanity')

dan_bgblue
07-21-2022, 08:41 AM
Bypassing the will of the people (https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-announces-executive-actionsclimate-crisis-focusesextreme-heatboosting-offshore-wind). Yeah Joe, tell me again what is good for me

Doc
07-21-2022, 12:38 PM
Sleepy issuing more executive orders and throwing away a few billions of our dollars.

Linkage (https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-announces-executive-actionsclimate-crisis-focusesextreme-heatboosting-offshore-wind)

Additional info (Biden pledges to mobilize presidency to combat climate change: 'Code red for humanity')

Do you recall the left screaming about how Trump was going to be a dictator? Odd they are silent now as Joe continues to do an end around the Constitution, and does his best dictator impression.

dan_bgblue
07-26-2022, 09:36 AM
Al Gore still posing and pontificating for money (https://www.foxnews.com/media/al-gore-blasted-climate-shock-jock-latest-global-warming-comparison)

dan_bgblue
08-04-2022, 07:35 AM
Betcha the alarmists will make use of this info to hasten the end of the world scenarios. (https://www.foxnews.com/science/tonga-volcano-spews-enough-water-fill-olympic-size-swimming-pools-stratosphere)

Will be fun watching AOC try to make sense of the reported numbers.

dan_bgblue
10-12-2022, 08:09 AM
Kerry is wiggling and lying again. (https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republicans-probe-john-kerrys-ties-eco-groups-efforts-shield-oversight)

dan_bgblue
10-29-2022, 12:30 PM
I am willing to bet that our energy/climate czar is not all in on this technology. Nuclear reactors to generate electrical power, free heat to warm metropolitan buildings, AND hydrogen? And between him, local governments, PETA, the Sierra Club, the EPA, and the Army Corps of Engineers, it will still take 25 years to build a nuclear power plant in this country Why we are not building them today is beyond me. .

Linkage (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0Ff0Fg4mTI)

CitizenBBN
11-01-2022, 12:32 PM
Nuclear is the only real option on the table for the next several decades. Nothing else comes close to generating the required amount of electricity, and that is current usage, not usage after we all drive EVs etc.