PDA

View Full Version : A must read book

cattails
08-29-2012, 06:38 AM
http://home.myhughesnet.com/news/read.php?ps=946&rip_id=%3CDA0UPP6O2%40news.ap.org%3E&news_id=19060126&src=most_popular_viewed

CGWildcat
08-29-2012, 05:58 PM
I plan on reading this soon as it's out. However, I have MAJOR issues with his real name already being revealed...what happened to ghost writer's and such. WHY if this guys account is actually who he says he is, WHY would any American want to reveal the man behind the mask? He'll always have to sit with his back to the wall.

jazyd
08-29-2012, 06:07 PM
Coastie, I agree, wonder who leaked it. Like you I am going to read this book.

I plan on reading this soon as it's out. However, I have MAJOR issues with his real name already being revealed...what happened to ghost writer's and such. WHY if this guys account is actually who he says he is, WHY would any American want to reveal the man behind the mask? He'll always have to sit with his back to the wall.

suncat05
08-30-2012, 12:04 PM
I have a hard time believing that FNC released his identity, as they are all about the troops. Unless it was Geraldo, that guy might be a good reporter but he couldn't keep a secret if his life depended on it.

Doc
08-30-2012, 06:04 PM
Book will be available on Sept 11 (same day as the next Lee Child novel) on Kindle. You can pre-order now.

link (http://www.amazon.com/No-Easy-Day-Firsthand-ebook/dp/B008MG1E4A/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1346367747&sr=1-1&keywords=no+easy+day)

Darrell KSR
08-30-2012, 07:17 PM
Will be in mediation that day; may have some down time (often do). Might be a good opportunity to read some of it. Sounds like a) an intriguing read; b) an absolute disaster in revealing the name. I really wish that had not occurred.

Frankly, none of what was said that is "supposed" to cause some uproar bothers me in the slightest. Read that as you will, but I bet the majority of Americans agree with me, too.

cattails
08-30-2012, 11:12 PM
Will be very interesting cover to cover, like so many things, the government feeds us what they want us to hear. I have seen other retired SEALs tell stories of their time in service and give their names, but never in something this big. I have watched UDTs train so I can only guess how hard it is to make a SEAl team, much less 6. Hope that is not his real name, but if he does book signing and so forth the cat is out of the bag. At least he didn't give us a BS story like our government did.

suncat05
08-31-2012, 05:42 PM
All I care about is this: the evil bastard that helped murder over 3000 innocent Americans is dead. I don't care which group of our troops killed him, and I do not give two squats whether they got him peeking around a corner or standing in the middle of a room hiding behind one of his goat-loving wives. And I don't care if he was given a 'tradtional Muslim funeral" or not. If it would've been me, I'm sticking a roll of bacon in his mouth, putting an American football in his hands, and covering him in pure pork grease before they did whatever they did to his cold, dead body.
And if they did bury his worthless a$$ at sea, I hope the sharks enjoyed every last morsel. That's what I think about that worthless POS Osama bin Laden!

truecatsfan
08-31-2012, 09:08 PM
All I care about is this: the evil bastard that helped murder over 3000 innocent Americans is dead. I don't care which group of our troops killed him, and I do not give two squats whether they got him peeking around a corner or standing in the middle of a room hiding behind one of his goat-loving wives. And I don't care if he was given a 'tradtional Muslim funeral" or not. If it would've been me, I'm sticking a roll of bacon in his mouth, putting an American football in his hands, and covering him in pure pork grease before they did whatever they did to his cold, dead body.
And if they did bury his worthless a$$ at sea, I hope the sharks enjoyed every last morsel. That's what I think about that worthless POS Osama bin Laden!

Well said

Doc
08-31-2012, 09:12 PM

You forgot take pictures of his wives naked and putting a star of david around his neck before dumping his worthless ass into the ocean.

truecatsfan
08-31-2012, 09:16 PM
Wonder who that of just dumping his body in the ocean.

suncat05
09-01-2012, 06:44 AM
You forgot take pictures of his wives naked and putting a star of david around his neck before dumping his worthless ass into the ocean.

Thanks for reminding me! :)

Doc
09-26-2012, 08:39 AM
Well, just cracked the cover today. Both my wife and son read it. My wife thinks the guy had a real big ax to grind however she didn't tell me why instead staying it was apparent after reading the book. I read the Author's Note/introduction so far. Should be an interesting read. Anybody else read it yet?