PDA

View Full Version : For Liberals Here, What Positions Your Party Supports Do You Agree With?

Darryl
11-05-2020, 11:03 PM
Every single conservative on this site is very open with the positions they believe in, but I cannot recall Democrats doing the same. Maybe I missed it, but it would be interesting to see the positions liberals are in favor of.

Thanks, Darryl

TRUCKERCATFAN
11-05-2020, 11:50 PM
Every single conservative on this site is very open with the positions they believe in, but I cannot recall Democrats doing the same. Maybe I missed it, but it would be interesting to see the positions liberals are in favor of.

Thanks, Darryl

I’m not a liberal but I can answer this for them.

The number one liberal position the believe in is that they hate Donald Trump.

Catonahottinroof
11-06-2020, 02:57 AM
I’m Libertarian, a bit left leaning one at that. So this topic interests me a bit. Maybe in part because if some colleagues here a democrat, they are deemed liberal which they most likely aren’t, but some positions may be. Same way with republicans and deemed ultra right, but aren’t completely for the same reasons.

blueboss
11-06-2020, 06:26 AM
Crickets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darryl
11-06-2020, 09:29 AM
[QUOTE=blueboss;660157]Crickets

Hating Trump is not much of a platform

Darryl

ukpumacat
11-06-2020, 10:14 AM
Crickets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha. Ya, I can't imagine why.

I have already posted several times that I'm not going to debate politics on here. I have enjoyed talking numbers, campaigning and this election. But discussing actual policies is simply not worth it. I have not seen one of those discussions on here go well. And I would far rather remain friends with folks on here and talk basketball.
There are plenty of other Dems on this board and I won't speak for them. But, most have left this forum.

Unfortunately, we are in a day and age where there is almost no space to discussing and debating actual policy issues. And I don't just mean on this forum. I mean in real life. I have posted about this for a while now (years). There is so much anger, hatred and vitriol that any discussion immediately follows the same path. Name calling, insults, anger and broken friendships/family relationships. I have so many friends who have lost friends and relationships with family members over it. And I have friends who divorced over it.

On the first page of this forum right now there are posts saying that "liberals" are stupid. Have no brain and just believe everything they are told. Don't care about anything but hating Trump. Only care about the destruction of America.
I mean think about it. And then you want to have an honest discussion about policies?

There is just an ugliness when it comes to politics right now and I am not here for it.

All that said, out of respect for you guys, I would be glad to answer Darryl's question but have no interest in engaging or debating these topics.

Topics/policies that are very important to me:

Protecting the Environment
Protecting a Woman's right to choose
Protecting the rights of the LGBTQ community
Racial Equality
Police Reform
Social Justice - community and social responsibility
Higher Education Reform - providing more/less expensive access
Voter Rights
Health Care Reform
Gun Violence (the reduction of through better gun laws)
Immigration Reform
Eliminating the Death Penalty
Raising the minimum Wage
Progressive Tax System/Balanced Budget
Foreign Policy - global responsibility/allies work in climate change and peace accords.

I'm sure I forgot some I care about since this was off the top of my head. Obviously, the details of these topics matter on some of them and how you get there. I was a History major and love this country with all my heart. I love the people/cultures of our nation. I have worked on several campaigns (local and state officials) and have volunteered many times at my local precinct. None of which is because I dislike Donald Trump. All because I believe in the right to vote and the candidate I was working for.
I hate modern day politics. I think our country works best on a balanced, small pendulum of progress.
And I am a fan of anyone (no matter their policies) who can work with the other side of the aisle.

kingcat
11-06-2020, 10:34 AM
There are years and years of posting history here when one side was not foaming at the mouth to vent extreme anger. where everyone’s positions and opinions have been discussed. Some of you have not been contributors until lately so I’d advise anyone truly interested to use any keyword or phrase and search for political subjects.