PDA

View Full Version : Regardless of Outcome — Polls were absolute garbage

goodycat
11-05-2020, 04:43 AM
It looks like Biden will win but it has been extremely close. He will likely win the overall vote by 2 to 2 1/2 percent. There were multiple polls on Election Day claiming Trump would lose by double digits and the RCP average of polls said Biden would win by nearly 7 points.

The Washington Post poll said Biden would win Wisconsin by 17 points. That was the most egregious poll, but the polls were substantially off in many states.

I’m not one to buy into conspiracy theories, but the consistently inflated poll numbers for Biden sure look like a coordinated effort to help him and discourage and suppress Republican voters. Either way, polling either needs to be completely changed or abandoned all together.

ukpumacat
11-05-2020, 09:53 AM
They don't look great early. Ha

But, I think Biden will end up winning the popular vote right around 4.1%.

Doc
11-05-2020, 10:00 AM
They need to approach polls like basketball recruiting gurus do. Make every prediction, then afterward proclaim you are correct...... or take the Jerry Meyers approach and make your prediction AFTER the results.

Realistically, anybody but a blind partisan hack knew they were BS. The idea that Biden was going to win FL was a joke when you saw what I saw daily. Massive boat parades, massive "Trump train" motorcades, massive congregations at intersections. Yet the polls had Biden possibly taking the state. The left likes to talk about "election interference". Well the polls are a clear attempt to do that. At most it is a form of "voter suppression" to use their approach because the attempt/effect is to get citizens to not vote since the decision is a forgone conclusion.

ukpumacat
11-05-2020, 10:07 AM
They need to approach polls like basketball recruiting gurus do. Make every prediction, then afterward proclaim you are correct...... or take the Jerry Meyers approach and make your prediction AFTER the results.

Realistically, anybody but a blind partisan hack knew they were BS. The idea that Biden was going to win FL was a joke when you saw what I saw daily. Massive boat parades, massive "Trump train" motorcades, massive congregations at intersections. Yet the polls had Biden possibly taking the state. The left likes to talk about "election interference". Well the polls are a clear attempt to do that. At most it is a form of "voter suppression" to use their approach because the attempt/effect is to get citizens to not vote since the decision is a forgone conclusion.

I didn't think Biden would win there. And I think inaccurate polls hurt Clinton in 2016 as many Dems stayed home because they assumed she was winning.