PDA

View Full Version : Ironic, Trump’s Ill Advised Feud With McCain May Have Cost Him The Election

Darryl
11-04-2020, 08:51 AM
Those 11 votes from Arizona were critical.

Darryl

bigsky
11-04-2020, 08:54 AM
He was ridiculous about it.

KeithKSR
11-04-2020, 09:03 AM
Trumps biggest issue has been his propensity to say what he thinks. His policies have been very good for the country.

Doc
11-04-2020, 09:10 AM
Trump was and is his own worse enemy. Its every bit as big as the media and the far left.

In this election, Biden is pretty much a bystander, going along for the ride and potentially reaping the benefit.

Darryl
11-04-2020, 09:28 AM
Like my son said, it would be like going into Alabama and having a three year feud with Saban and then asking for the state to vote for you.

Darryl

ukpumacat
11-04-2020, 09:29 AM
Like my son said, it would be like going into Alabama and having a three year feud with Saban and then asking for the state to vote for you.

Darryl

Ha.

ukpumacat
11-04-2020, 09:31 AM
Those 11 votes from Arizona were critical.

Darryl

They were. A couple of others as well on a smaller scale. Jeff Flake has a lot of influence in Arizona as well. So, his endorsement helped Biden.
And the whole Sheriff Joe situation lingers.
https://theintercept.com/2020/11/02/arizona-latino-voters-joe-arpaio/

VirginiaCat
11-04-2020, 10:01 AM
Fully agree. It cost them overturning the ACA and now his POTUS position.

I truly understand the disdain with McCain. He has always been a RINO and his role in Keating 5 to me has always been a black strike that should have made him lose his seat but Trump let his ego get in way. But shows he is not a politician.

CitizenBBN
11-04-2020, 11:34 AM
There was no winning over Flake, but Trump needed to not make the issues with McCain personal. McCain would have been a thorn in his side, McCain was always out for McCain despite appearances and was never going to work with Trump like Graham has been able to do, but he could have kept it civil.

Flake was going to hate him and endorse his opponent no matter what, but keeping the McCain issue from becoming a thing would have helped him a lot.

Trump is a classic Greek figure. His biggest strength is his greatest flaw. People love that he says what he thinks and doesn't back down. The other side of that coin is he doesn't know how to filter his comments and doesn't know when to shut up.

If he was just not such a complete asshat he would win this election handily, even with Covid and a media that has been the most absurdly slanted out of their minds propaganda machine in American history.

but he absolutely does not see it, and since Cuomo, De Blasio, Bloomberg are all just like him I assume it's something in the water supply of New York. They're all a-holes.

ukpumacat
11-04-2020, 12:25 PM
but he absolutely does not see it, and since Cuomo, De Blasio, Bloomberg are all just like him I assume it's something in the water supply of New York. They're all a-holes.

Haha

Catonahottinroof
11-04-2020, 03:50 PM
That is fitting since Trump made his comments personal towards McCain.

CitizenBBN
11-04-2020, 05:21 PM
Haha

Hey, if the shoe fits. They're all just asses. They bluster, insult, belittle, puff themselves up. All of them do it.

Cuomo's brother on CNN shames people over masks then breaks quarantine to have a fight with a guy on a bike.

They're all full of crap, and since they all are they don't realize that most of the country doesn't behave that way. Bloomberg is probably the tamest of those I listed, but De Blasio is a bigger ass than Trump, and Trump and Mario Cuomo are about tied, though Coumo is more polished about it.