PDA

View Full Version : Federal Appeals Court deals Obama a loss on recess appointments

KeithKSR
01-25-2013, 01:42 PM
A Federal Appeals Court finds Obama's appointments without Senate approval were Unconstitutional: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/25/court-obama-appointments-are-unconstitutional/

I see this as a big win for the Constitution.

CitizenBBN
01-25-2013, 01:49 PM
A bit of good news. IMO the recess exception should be removed. It's in there for a situation we no longer face, when it took weeks for Congress to reassemble from a recess, and a President may need to take action on an appointment in a more timely manner.

Now the recess is not a restrictive period, nor is there such a pressing appointment that it must be made NOW rather than wait for the Senate to convene. The Senate should have to approve all appointments it would normally review.

Of course if SCOTUS upholds this decision the problem is solved b/c the Senate doesn't have to take a recess as it once did, keeping the POTUS honest. That's true for both parties. This is about balance of power, not party politics.

suncat05
01-25-2013, 02:56 PM
Agree 100% about it being about the balance of power and not party politics. However, given what Chief Justice Roberts did to the American people last May in helping make Obamacare the law of the land and just ignoring the Constitution altogether, I am apprehensive about any decision he may make now in regards to our rights and the rule of law, not to mention that he now has to deal with those two Obama witches that sit on the Court with him. Those two being appointed and basically not held accountable for any of their past transgressions against the American people by the Senate means that Obama's stamp upon American history will be around and upon us for a long, long time.
I do not trust Chief Justice Roberts anymore after what he did last May. Truthfully, I'm not sure we can trust ANY of them in the SCOTUS anymore after what he did last May.

DanISSELisdaman
01-25-2013, 05:03 PM
If you think it's bad now, wait till Obama hand picks a couple more. If that happens, we can kiss the constitution goodbye.

suncat05
01-25-2013, 05:24 PM
If you think it's bad now, wait till Obama hand picks a couple more. If that happens, we can kiss the constitution goodbye.

The result will not be what "they" want.