PDA

View Full Version : Workers In KY would be Proud to Have the Jobs

dan_bgblue
08-28-2012, 10:12 PM
More Gun Legislation (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/28/microstamping-legislation-may-lead-remington-colt-to-relocate/?test=latestnews)

CitizenBBN
09-07-2012, 05:58 PM
not sure how I missed this one Dan. I'd be beyond thrilled for Remington and Colt to be made in Kentucky.

If our Governor had any sense he'd be up there right now pitching a deal. They haven't required it yet but why stay and risk it and be caught hanging and why stay somewhere so hostile to your business?

Kentucky is a gun loving state, with a proud history of marksmanship going back to the revolutionary war, this is a great fit. People would be proud to work and make high quality firearms and would line up to get those jobs, and there are tie-in marketing options with the state. Maybe a commemorative rifle from Remington named the "kentucky long rifle" would be a nice start.

She got crucified, but Martha Layne Collins ended up being the best governor in forever for Kentucky simply b/c of Toyota. People were angry she gave them tax breaks, but I don't hear any complaints now about them being here.

As Governor I'd be up there wooing them every chance I got. Give them whatever tax breaks and other things it would take to get them. In the long run it would be a boon to the state just like Toyota.