PDA

View Full Version : Are American Gun Owners a Bunch of Fools?

Darrell KSR
01-25-2013, 09:11 AM
The American gun owning public is being duped again, just like we were duped the two weeks before the election when we were convinced that Romney was ahead by several percentage points. The media, including our "friends" at Fox, Drudge, and other "conservative" outlets, are attempting to sell us the concept that the "assault weapon ban" legislation can't pass, and this is a lie. We are told that Bill Clinton sternly warned his party that they will be punished in the mid-terms, and that the NRA is "too powerful" for any real legislation to make it through congress. This is also a lie. Behind our backs, the political machine is crafting public opinion in what have become the majority voting blocks to convince national and state legislators that they are safe for the next election… and they are safe. American gun owners didn't show up in force for the last election, and we are not feared as a voting block any longer. Don't be a fool and believe it when they tell us we can't lose. We are going to get beaten again if we don't act. And this time it isn't a slippery slope. This time they are going to outlaw an entire class of guns with no loopholes.If you are on the GunsAmerica email list, or you are clicking in from the website, you are probably a gun owner of some type (or you are desperately trying to buy your first gun before they ban them), and you may feel that we are "preaching to the choir." But there is also a 90% chance that YOU HAVE NOT CONTACTED YOUR LEGISLATORS to let them know that you are strongly against any kind of weapon ban, or any increase in our national or state gun laws whatsoever. (Click here to read more)

((see below for link))

http://www.gunsamerica.com/linker.aspx?u=6C708561-03D4-4ABC-8F4B-398CB8EA6FF9&c=20130125_SHOT_week2day5&l=http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/are-american-gun-owners-a-bunch-of-fools/

Darrell KSR
01-25-2013, 09:12 AM
Not posted necessarily for the truth, or whether I agree with it or not--just that's an email I received this morning, and thought it was interesting enough to post here.

CitizenBBN
01-25-2013, 11:16 AM
A lot of groups and companies are mobilizing in ways they haven't in the past. Manufacturers are getting more involved (though not enough), sales sites like Gunsamerica.

They're right about one thing, gun owners need to have their voice heard as much as possible. Bloomberg is a billionaire and just as big a fascist as Feinstein.He thinks the goverment not only should ban guns but regulate the size of soda you can buy.

He's putting a lot of money behind this push. The NRA could end up being outspent on this one, so it'll come down to gun owners telling their Congressmen what will happen to them at the polls.

suncat05
01-25-2013, 12:12 PM
I have already contacted my Congressman and BOTH Senators. However, here in Florida we do have this one Senator named Bill Nelson who is simply an Obama "yes man" with whatever the big "O" wants to do. So if it goes to the Senate somehow, he'll be against the 2nd Amendment and most Americans in Florida. Guy talks outta both sides of his greasy little face all the time, and the best the GOP could put up against him in the election race was that loser Connie Mack.
I believe this gun legislation faces a very tough battle in even getting out of committee, much less to the floor for discussion. However, it's on us, the citizens, to make our voices heard so this bill does not become law. But let's keep one other thing in mind: most of us did not want Obamacare to become law either, and even though our voices were heard, the bastards did it anyway, against our will, and most of them were not re-elected. But it is still the law, so any way you slice it they won and we lost. And that same exact thing can happen with this too if we don't keep letting them hear our voices.
So call and write to your Congressmen and Senators!

badrose
01-25-2013, 12:18 PM
I sent our liberal senator, the one who knocked out E. Dole, an e-letter requesting a reply. The other senator and congressman are good to go.

There's a lot of chatter out there in the social media. Sheriffs, even in liberal states, are writing open letters to Obama saying they won't comply and will arrest any federal agents trying to enforce. If this thing passes it will get ugly.

Doc
01-25-2013, 12:20 PM
The American gun owning public is being duped again, just like we were duped the two weeks before the election when we were convinced that Romney was ahead by several percentage points. The media, including our "friends" at Fox, Drudge, and other "conservative" outlets, are attempting to sell us the concept that the "assault weapon ban" legislation can't pass, and this is a lie. We are told that Bill Clinton sternly warned his party that they will be punished in the mid-terms, and that the NRA is "too powerful" for any real legislation to make it through congress. This is also a lie. Behind our backs, the political machine is crafting public opinion in what have become the majority voting blocks to convince national and state legislators that they are safe for the next election… and they are safe. American gun owners didn't show up in force for the last election, and we are not feared as a voting block any longer. Don't be a fool and believe it when they tell us we can't lose. We are going to get beaten again if we don't act. And this time it isn't a slippery slope. This time they are going to outlaw an entire class of guns with no loopholes.If you are on the GunsAmerica email list, or you are clicking in from the website, you are probably a gun owner of some type (or you are desperately trying to buy your first gun before they ban them), and you may feel that we are "preaching to the choir." But there is also a 90% chance that YOU HAVE NOT CONTACTED YOUR LEGISLATORS to let them know that you are strongly against any kind of weapon ban, or any increase in our national or state gun laws whatsoever. (Click here to read more)

((see below for link))

http://www.gunsamerica.com/linker.aspx?u=6C708561-03D4-4ABC-8F4B-398CB8EA6FF9&c=20130125_SHOT_week2day5&l=http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/are-american-gun-owners-a-bunch-of-fools/

Contacting your legislator won't help. Most folks were against "Obamacare" and contacting their legislators did nothing. Politics isn't about doing what your constituents want, its about power and being re-elected. Its about pandering to groups and spreading fear about the other side.

badrose
01-25-2013, 12:29 PM
The local sheriffs dept. is covered up with permit requests and background checks but they're cranking them out as fast as they can.

I went by a local pawn shop and was surprised by the number of handguns he had in stock. Was smitten by a Springfield XD-9 subcompact that I picked up for about $100 off the prices I found on the internet. Came with two 16-rd magazines.

suncat05
01-25-2013, 12:38 PM
The local sheriffs dept. is covered up with permit requests and background checks but they're cranking them out as fast as they can.

I went by a local pawn shop and was surprised by the number of handguns he had in stock. Was smitten by a Springfield XD-9 subcompact that I picked up for about $100 off the prices I found on the internet. Came with two 16-rd magazines.

Might not be a bad idea to pick up one or two more magazines, just in case. :winking0011:

badrose
01-25-2013, 12:55 PM
Might not be a bad idea to pick up one or two more magazines, just in case. :winking0011:

They had an AK 47 as well.;) Got to handle a Judge, a 44mag, several 9's and 40's... Fun!

badrose
01-25-2013, 01:17 PM
A bit of good news...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-25/assault-weapons-ban-lacks-democratic-votes-to-pass-senate.html

A proposed ban on sales of assault weapons would be defeated in the U.S. Senate today unless some members changed their current views, based on a Bloomberg review of recent lawmaker statements and interviews.
At least six of the 55 senators who caucus with Democrats have recently expressed skepticism or outright opposition to a ban, the review found. That means Democrats wouldn’t have a simple 51-vote majority to pass the measure, let alone the 60 votes needed to break a Republican filibuster to bring it to a floor vote.

KeithKSR
01-25-2013, 01:34 PM
I think Obama overestimates his grassroots clout. Sure he can swing the vote in his direction by manipulating the electoral process in a few swing states in order to win the election, but his grassroots campaign is not prepared for any kind of national movement. Obamacare barely passed with the DNC controlling both houses of Congress. Right now they do not control both chambers.

Harry Reid may make a big legislative show, but the legislation will have a major hurdle just to make it out of committee in the Senate. Reid can deflect a lot of blame of not bringing it up for a vote by laying it at the feet of committees and Republicans on the committees. A huge factor will be looming midterm elections where 20 seats held by Democrats will be up for re-election, compared to just 12 for the Republicans. These Senators are looking a lot further into the future than 2014, and many of the current Senators will be in office after Obama is gone.

The House is an extreme uphill climb, not just because of a GOP majority, but also because conservative Democrats will have to answer for votes and we saw in the 2010 midterms that going against the will of the people back home can be detrimental to members of the House. The House of Representatives was formed as the people's house, at the time the Constitution was written the Senators were appointed, the House members were the only representatives directly chosen by the people. One could use Obamacare as an example of unpopular legislation being rammed through, but one needs to consider the 2010 midterms in light of the backlash against voting for unpopular legislation.

A few years ago a Gallup poll indicated that 47% of American households owned at least one firearm. I suspect the number would have to be higher than that because since Obama took office a number of people will not admit to some stranger on the phone that they have a firearm in their home. If 47% are willing to say they own a gun, how many really own guns?

CitizenBBN
01-25-2013, 01:38 PM
They'll have a tough time either way.

This is a standoff on this issue unlike any other I've seen or observed in US history. The anti-gun people have come out on this like a dam broke. Bloomberg has infinitely deep pockets and he's a zealot. Feinstein seems to want to take this victory to her gravestone.

But on the other side, I've never seen a reaction against that group so strong either. Like badrose said, people are getting their carry permits in droves.

it's not just gun guys buying guns either. It's a ton of first time gun owners. People are borrowing guns to come take our carry class. they haven't owned a handgun in their life.

This has driven a lot of people INTO owning guns, joining the NRA, becoming active in the fight. Add that to LEOs saying publicly they won't enforce the laws and you get a good sense of the resistance to the anti-gun movement.

It's a heck of a standoff. The Anti-gun people have no respect for the pro 2nd Amendment position, and we have no respect for them. There is some room for some give and take like on background checks, but any effort to restrict guns and mags is going to be a war. If they aren't careful that may move from descriptive to literal.

CitizenBBN
01-25-2013, 01:43 PM
Meant to mention that GunsAmerica is right to do what they did. Even though I tend to think it wont' get through, this is no time to dismiss it. This is time to not just make SURE it's defeated but time to send as strong a message as possible to not try it again next year or after the next lunatic does something that has nothing to do with the proposed legislation.

We don't want to see this just fail to pass. We want to see it crushed so badly even Feinstien will give up the cause.

KeithKSR
01-25-2013, 02:00 PM
Meant to mention that GunsAmerica is right to do what they did. Even though I tend to think it wont' get through, this is no time to dismiss it. This is time to not just make SURE it's defeated but time to send as strong a message as possible to not try it again next year or after the next lunatic does something that has nothing to do with the proposed legislation.

We don't want to see this just fail to pass. We want to see it crushed so badly even Feinstien will give up the cause.

While I don't think the bill has a chance of passage I am not gonna sit back without taking action. I contacted all my legislators, donated when the NRA came calling to battle the dark forces of Feinstein, bought a gift NRA membership for a member of the armed forces (I do this a couple of times a year it is $10 well spent considering what our armed forces do for us).

I agree that GunsAmerica made the right call, we don't want people to feel that this thing has no chance of passage. Obama will pull out all stops to push it through. The pro-Constitution people need to pull out all stops to make sure it doesn't pass.

The local CCW classes had been taught once a month, there was a special class last weekend to coincide with the activities nationwide last Saturday. Jim is having another class this weekend. I'm waiting for a couple of warm days so i can take the wife out and let her get some target practice with her .38 before signing up to take the class together.

CitizenBBN
01-25-2013, 02:05 PM
keith I've got this one tomorrow (even put up an ad for it on here to kick off our advertising on the site), have to find a slot for one in February, but I could do 2 a month if I could find the time, 10-20 per class.

We're trying to a "KSR class" of folks on here. Lexington is looking like the likely spot for that one, but have to get dates lined up.

suncat05
01-25-2013, 02:28 PM
I'd like to join you for that, just for the camraderie aspect of being there and meeting other like-minded, Wildcat loving folks from this site. But I already have a FL CCP, which is honored by the Commonwealth of Kentucky, so I'm good here.
But I would be there with you guys in spirit.............. :friendly_wink: