PDA

View Full Version : White house aide tests positive for Covid

Doc
10-01-2020, 10:13 PM
White House aide Hope Hicks tests positive for coronavirus

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-house-aide-hope-hicks-tests-positive-for-coronavirus

Has close personal contact with Trump. Will be interesting to see if/how it affects the campaign, and how soon it takes the Hollywood elite to publicly wish it kills him

StuBleedsBlue2
10-01-2020, 10:38 PM
The problem here is that she was tested. If she never got tested, there would be no positive result.

Trump says he's quarantining. What happened to the rapid test results?

I am also curious as to what happened to the herd mentality?

Hicks will be just fine though. The virus affects virtually nobody.

kingcat
10-02-2020, 12:46 AM
The President and first lady have tested positive. May God strengthen them to overcome the virus, as well as everyone around the world.

BigBluePappy
10-02-2020, 05:59 AM
The President and first lady have tested positive. May God strengthen them to overcome the virus, as well as everyone around the world.

Amen, Brother kingcat.

Doc
10-02-2020, 06:34 AM
Odds are in his favor.

blueboss
10-02-2020, 06:37 AM
Let the speculation begin...

God’s speed for the President, First Lady, and all those affected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doc
10-02-2020, 06:57 AM
How long before this is proof Joe Biden would do better as President?

StuBleedsBlue2
10-02-2020, 08:25 AM
I'm not 100% sure that he and Melania have the virus. His track record for dishonesty is enough to warrant some suspicion. If they do have it, best wishes for those that were in close proximity. Hopefully this does not spread throughout government.

Trump needs to release his medical reports to give the world a sense of ease of his progress. A 14-day quarantine with a miraculous recovery is not going to cut it.

All of those that were exposed must quarantine too, which includes many senators, Mnuchin (who met with Pelosi, so she must abide), Biden, Coney Barrett (who met w/ Trump yesterday, unmasked).

If they all do not lead by example and do not provide supporting evidence, I will be convinced that this is just a political play by a desperate individual.

KeithKSR
10-02-2020, 08:38 AM
I'm not 100% sure that he and Melania have the virus. His track record for dishonesty is enough to warrant some suspicion. If they do have it, best wishes for those that were in close proximity. Hopefully this does not spread throughout government.

Trump needs to release his medical reports to give the world a sense of ease of his progress. A 14-day quarantine with a miraculous recovery is not going to cut it.

All of those that were exposed must quarantine too, which includes many senators, Mnuchin (who met with Pelosi, so she must abide), Biden, Coney Barrett (who met w/ Trump yesterday, unmasked).

If they all do not lead by example and do not provide supporting evidence, I will be convinced that this is just a political play by a desperate individual.

Talk about being way out in left field....

CitizenBBN
10-02-2020, 08:56 AM
The problem here is that she was tested. If she never got tested, there would be no positive result.

Trump says he's quarantining. What happened to the rapid test results?

I am also curious as to what happened to the herd mentality?

Hicks will be just fine though. The virus affects virtually nobody.

One interesting thing about Hicks and now Trump getting this virus is that it shows the true colors of people.

StuBleedsBlue2
10-02-2020, 09:12 AM

One interesting thing about Hicks and now Trump getting this virus is that it shows the true colors of people.

Seriously?

He has lied about everything, including the virus itself. It wouldn't be out of character for him to do so. I'm at about 90%. I'll say that he is the only person deserving of such skepticism as this is how he treats everyone else. There are consequences to the golden rule. That is why my heart goes out to the innocent victims and families of those that suffered from this illness.

Talk about true color of people, Trump did not even contact the Biden camp.

It is time for him to do the right thing today and be HONEST with the American people and admit his recklessness has caused this spread and now it appears it has reached him. I just plead, do the right thing Mr. President. There is plenty of time to save the lives of those that have taken your lead and chose to ignore the seriousness of this pandemic.

For once in your life, show some leadership.

StuBleedsBlue2
10-02-2020, 09:31 AM
While we are at the whole "true colors" name calling, why don't we take a look back to 4 years ago when a Presidential candidate had a bout with pneumonia, which is also a killer.

http://www.kysportsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?33757-Hillary-Clinton-almost-collapses-at-9-11-ceremony&highlight=pneumonia

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/782673397952094208

Lots of true colors showing there. Are these reactions not "out in left field"?

KentuckyWildcat
10-02-2020, 09:50 AM
White House aide Hope Hicks tests positive for coronavirus

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-house-aide-hope-hicks-tests-positive-for-coronavirus

Has close personal contact with Trump. Will be interesting to see if/how it affects the campaign, and how soon it takes the Hollywood elite to publicly wish it kills him

I saw a hateful meme within 30 minutes of the positive announcement.

kingcat
10-02-2020, 10:04 AM
I saw a hateful meme within 30 minutes of the positive announcement.

Those things are inevitable on both sides when there are a billion targets for reporters after a story. And a target for campaigns themselves this near major elections. I’d ask, why give them a platform in the first place by asking. And I mean that as bipartisan.

kingcat
10-02-2020, 10:05 AM
In all honesty, if Biden catches it then I might question things a bit. With all the yelling that took place by design.

catmanjack
10-02-2020, 10:10 AM
Leave it to Stu! WOW!

catmanjack
10-02-2020, 10:12 AM
That is a true Democratic response, everyone lies but them!

KSRBEvans
10-02-2020, 10:22 AM
Meanwhile on Earth 2, President Mitch Daniels is preparing to eat his lunch of tomato soup and cottage cheese in a pear half, thinking about what he'll be doing in his 2nd term if he defeats Democratic candidate Michelle Obama.

Doc
10-02-2020, 11:17 AM

Why I skip his posts. The comment borders on ignorant. Trump getting COVID-19 is probably the worse thing that could happen for him to his political campaign.

KeithKSR
10-02-2020, 12:51 PM
Why I skip his posts. The comment borders on ignorant. Trump getting COVID-19 is probably the worse thing that could happen for him to his political campaign.

It is well over the bounds of ignorance. Stu is blinded by hate, and has a severe case of TDS.

CitizenBBN
10-02-2020, 01:12 PM
Meanwhile on Earth 2, President Mitch Daniels is preparing to eat his lunch of tomato soup and cottage cheese in a pear half, thinking about what he'll be doing in his 2nd term if he defeats Democratic candidate Michelle Obama.

Do they have flights to that place? Is it the one where key West wont' sink into the ocean and once in a while we elect someone to lead us who isn't the result of playing to the lowest common denominator?

KentuckyWildcat
10-02-2020, 03:18 PM
Trump getting COVID-19 is probably the worse thing that could happen for him to his political campaign.

That is what they want. The comments I've seen today are mind blowing.

Note: I don't like either party using health as leverage in an election.

StuBleedsBlue2
10-02-2020, 03:35 PM
That is a true Democratic response, everyone lies but them!

There has never been a person that lies with such impunity and frequency in politics as Donald Trump. THAT is irrefutable. He even makes Nixon look more like just the average DC politician.

I have a 90% degree of confidence that he has COVID (or as many refer, the Trump flu), but it is certainly within reason to not fully accept it.

I do find it quite rich that all of the name calling towards me, the "ignorance" coming from people that can't tell day from night, have been consistently wrong on everything related to COVID and were quite vocal in their mocking as indicated by providing the link from 4 years ago when HRC got sick. Not to mention just gross hypocrisy.

There's no hate on my side, just indifference. I could care less that our President who took every risk, put others at risk, lied and convinced people that it wasn't real met his inevitable fate of contracting the virus. I feel horrible for the people that he put in harms way. I feel disgusted by the FACT that he did not contact the Biden campaign, attended a fund-raiser even knowing his exposure, and blamed law enforcement/military folks for Hope Hicks contracting the virus.

Indifference. You know, the same way many of you felt when HRC caught pneumonia, but you all took the extra step to mock and declare her unfit for office.

KeithKSR
10-02-2020, 04:18 PM
Stu is a party of one on my ignore list.

catmanjack
10-02-2020, 05:13 PM
Stu argues about most things posted on this board, must be hard when you think you are never wrong.

CitizenBBN
10-02-2020, 05:22 PM
There has never been a person that lies with such impunity and frequency in politics as Donald Trump. THAT is irrefutable. He even makes Nixon look more like just the average DC politician.

That may be the most refutable thing ever posted on here in fact.

Really, in the history of American politics no one has lied as much as Trump? Please. That kind of hyperbole is just as bad as all of his hyperbole.

Every politician lies every day. They lie that they care, they lie about their motives, they argue whichever side suits their political ends the most, and then change sides as soon as the other side helps them more.

So saying one lies more than another is like saying the Atlantic is wetter than the Pacific.

Trump is PT Barnum. His "lies" are mostly these absurd generalizations, over the top claims, and lots and lots of hyperbole. I'm kind of surprised people even take any of it seriously, like believing the acts at a circus sideshow.

Far more serious are the more sophisticated lies of politicians who are much better at it than Trump. The lies that prevent things like school choice (that politicians care about the kids and not the teacher's union), and about 1,000 other things.

I'm far more worried about the endless parade of lies that have people calling for an end to free speech than I am the bluster of someone like Trump, whose lasting impact on American politics is a gadfly compared to the truly insidious lies being told every day.

CitizenBBN
10-02-2020, 05:31 PM
Oh and btw, I have no issue with those pointing out the irony of Trump's stance on Covid and masks etc. and him getting it. That to me is fair game for discussion, but IMO it does matter how one goes about it.

It's also disconcerting b/c it is never good when the leader of the free world is in any way limited, or even perceived as being less than full capacity. That is true for any POTUS.

It continues to be a most interesting year. Funny too that "may you live in interesting times" is a Chinese curse.

Crazy4Blue
10-02-2020, 05:42 PM
Am I the only one that throws up a little bit every time Stu posts anything?

CitizenBBN
10-02-2020, 06:08 PM
Guys, give Stu his due. takes a lot to post when you're a fairly lone voice.

The board will be mostly conservative, after all we're UK fans and Trump carried kentucky by 30 points in 2016, but I'm sure we have many members who are more liberal and avoid posting to avoid the conflict.

I don't agree with Stu on a lot of things, but I do agree with him on some, and I do respect his ability to stand his ground.

It's OK to disagree with him, but all of us, including me and him, need to try to maintain our respect. It's hard sometimes, passions are running very high at this time, and I'm saying this to remind myself as well, but we need to all try.

Not directing this at anyone in particular, or even just Stu v. the world, lol, but just reminding us all in general, as I said me included. It's a tense, crazy time for everyone.

StuBleedsBlue2
10-02-2020, 06:23 PM
Guys, give Stu his due. takes a lot to post when you're a fairly lone voice.

The board will be mostly conservative, after all we're UK fans and Trump carried kentucky by 30 points in 2016, but I'm sure we have many members who are more liberal and avoid posting to avoid the conflict.

I don't agree with Stu on a lot of things, but I do agree with him on some, and I do respect his ability to stand his ground.

It's OK to disagree with him, but all of us, including me and him, need to try to maintain our respect. It's hard sometimes, passions are running very high at this time, and I'm saying this to remind myself as well, but we need to all try.

Not directing this at anyone in particular, or even just Stu v. the world, lol, but just reminding us all in general, as I said me included. It's a tense, crazy time for everyone.

Thank you. That makes me feel good and that is a good thing during these times.

I always say that you have to live outside your bubble and have to figure out how to talk and interact with people that have different perspectives, different experiences.

I can go seek out people like me, and at times I do, but it’s important to celebrate the things that bring us together AND have an ability to talk about the things you don’t.

I’ll be honest, while my feelings for Trump are no secret, I don’t want him to die. I want him to survive and adapt. I hope he can become a person that can lead for the next few months on a path out of this pandemic and push real change in attitudes that this isn’t real. That will save lives.

kingcat
10-02-2020, 06:41 PM
I like beer..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOiyksNlrY0&feature=emb_logo

CitizenBBN
10-02-2020, 07:25 PM
Thank you. That makes me feel good and that is a good thing during these times.

I always say that you have to live outside your bubble and have to figure out how to talk and interact with people that have different perspectives, different experiences.

I can go seek out people like me, and at times I do, but it’s important to celebrate the things that bring us together AND have an ability to talk about the things you don’t.

I’ll be honest, while my feelings for Trump are no secret, I don’t want him to die. I want him to survive and adapt. I hope he can become a person that can lead for the next few months on a path out of this pandemic and push real change in attitudes that this isn’t real. That will save lives.

It will have a positive effect on people wearing masks, I've already seen it just today.

And for the rest, I'm sincere. Disagree or agree, I do respect people who stand up for their beliefs and can defend them.

And as we have discussed recently, I imagine we agree on a lot. In fact most people do, it's only when it enters the purely political realm of elections that it gets so ugly most of the time.

KeithKSR
10-02-2020, 09:39 PM
That may be the most refutable thing ever posted on here in fact.

Really, in the history of American politics no one has lied as much as Trump? Please. That kind of hyperbole is just as bad as all of his hyperbole.

Every politician lies every day. They lie that they care, they lie about their motives, they argue whichever side suits their political ends the most, and then change sides as soon as the other side helps them more.

So saying one lies more than another is like saying the Atlantic is wetter than the Pacific.

Trump is PT Barnum. His "lies" are mostly these absurd generalizations, over the top claims, and lots and lots of hyperbole. I'm kind of surprised people even take any of it seriously, like believing the acts at a circus sideshow.

Far more serious are the more sophisticated lies of politicians who are much better at it than Trump. The lies that prevent things like school choice (that politicians care about the kids and not the teacher's union), and about 1,000 other things.

I'm far more worried about the endless parade of lies that have people calling for an end to free speech than I am the bluster of someone like Trump, whose lasting impact on American politics is a gadfly compared to the truly insidious lies being told every day.

What I like about a Trump is that he has fulfilled more campaign promises than any president I can recall. Those he hasn’t fulfilled are small in number.

ukpumacat
10-03-2020, 10:46 AM
Now 24 people in the President’s circle have tested positive. Number keeps growing.

Doc
10-03-2020, 12:20 PM
Now 24 people in the President’s circle have tested positive. Number keeps growing.

I suspect they are all lying, to either to bolster Trumps attempt to delay the election, garner sympathy or to get some time off.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8800555/Michael-Moore-slams-Trump-liar-says-does-not-believe-president-coronavirus.html

KeithKSR
10-03-2020, 12:55 PM
I suspect they are all lying, to either to bolster Trumps attempt to delay the election, garner sympathy or to get some time off.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8800555/Michael-Moore-slams-Trump-liar-says-does-not-believe-president-coronavirus.html

Moore is an idiot.

ukpumacat
10-04-2020, 07:37 PM

Ha. I don't put things past any politician. But, if we have learned anything about Trump it is that he thinks sickness is a sign of weakness. He talks that way all the time. I just do not buy he is faking this for any reason whatsoever.
Will it end up helping or hurting him? We may not know. I would guess it will slightly help him simply because it takes the attention off of a lot of the negative stories that happened right before the diagnosis: the debate debacle, his taxes, Parscale's arrest, Melania's tape, etc etc.
Him not campaigning probably doesn't hurt much because the people at those rally's are already voting for him. He is getting far more media attention in the hospital than a rally could ever earn.
And if he does make the 2nd debate...it becomes a no win situation for Biden. If Trump does poorly...he was recovering from Covid. If he does well...wow, what a comeback.