PDA

View Full Version : There isn’t as much time to count votes as some think

KeithKSR
09-01-2020, 02:12 PM
There has been lots of talk recently about votes being counted through January and beyond. The problem is that the law doesn’t allow for counting beyond the six day window prior to the electoral college meeting. The electoral college meets on December 14th, so state elections need to be final no later than December 8th.

3 U.S. Code § 5. Determination of controversy as to appointment of electors

If any State shall have provided, by laws enacted prior to the day fixed for the appointment of the electors, for its final determination of any controversy or contest concerning the appointment of all or any of the electors of such State, by judicial or other methods or procedures, and such determination shall have been made at least six days before the time fixed for the meeting of the electors, such determination made pursuant to such law so existing on said day, and made at least six days prior to said time of meeting of the electors, shall be conclusive, and shall govern in the counting of the electoral votes as provided in the Constitution, and as hereinafter regulated, so far as the ascertainment of the electors appointed by such State is concerned.

suncat05
09-01-2020, 07:30 PM
But you know that either side, and especially the Democrats will try everything under the sun to keep January 20, 2021 from happening, especially if Biden loses.

I'm just sayin '........😉

KeithKSR
09-01-2020, 08:25 PM
But you know that either side, and especially the Democrats will try everything under the sun to keep January 20, 2021 from happening, especially if Biden loses.

I'm just sayin '........��

No doubt about it. I expect SCOTUS will be brought into it. This time they have the 2000 election precedent to use.

suncat05
09-02-2020, 08:21 PM
No doubt about it. I expect SCOTUS will be brought into it. This time they have the 2000 election precedent to use.

Unless that turncoat Roberts starts worrying about his "legacy", in which case he'll go against the grain again.
Which has become the norm for him since that incredulous Obamacare ruling. 😠

KentuckyWildcat
09-03-2020, 08:34 AM

Per Bill O'reilly the SCOTUS has a deadline to appoint the President sometime in December.

KeithKSR
09-03-2020, 09:39 AM
Per Bill O'reilly the SCOTUS has a deadline to appoint the President sometime in December.

All states have to have a winner by December 8th.

Doc
09-03-2020, 01:04 PM
Even scarier is that if the election is not determined, then the third in line takes charge. Her and her beautiful hairdo....

VirginiaCat
09-03-2020, 02:34 PM
Even scarier is that if the election is not determined, then the third in line takes charge. Her and her beautiful hairdo....

I'm not sure that is not part of the Strategy...

VirginiaCat
09-03-2020, 02:35 PM
Say what you want about Trump...he is a genius in playing the game.

his comment about having supporters vote twice, all of a sudden he made the right's concern the concern of the Left.

KeithKSR
09-03-2020, 04:24 PM
Pelosi could only come into play if the electoral college vote is tied and Congress cannot break the tie. Each state gets one vote if it goes to Congress to decide.

Doc
09-04-2020, 05:54 AM
Say what you want about Trump...he is a genius in playing the game.

his comment about having supporters vote twice, all of a sudden he made the right's concern the concern of the Left.

No...the left just wants something tonscream and complain about. Clearly it was sarcasm, and everyvody knows it
However I do hope some right zealots take heed and do it....so they can overcome the left fraud......which has been established in recent elections, like NJ

CitizenBBN
09-04-2020, 09:29 AM
No...the left just wants something tonscream and complain about. Clearly it was sarcasm, and everyvody knows it
However I do hope some right zealots take heed and do it....so they can overcome the left fraud......which has been established in recent elections, like NJ

Trump is many things, good and bad, but he's the undisputed King of trolling. He sets the issues by doing stuff like this. His complaints about mail in voting weren't getting much coverage, but boy now it's being covered.

Not saying I love the strategy in all situations, but the media takes his bait every time, so he keeps doing it.

CitizenBBN
09-04-2020, 09:34 AM
As for the election, at this point I expect several states to look very bad in this process, casting doubt on the whole thing no matter who wins.

There's really no realistic scenario whereby Pelosi becomes POTUS but part of me wishes it would happen to see the furor. Such a complete breakdown of our constitutional system would be quite interesting. lol. yes, I'm a bit of a comedic sadist. Also the counter-reaction to such an event would be massive.

KeithKSR
09-04-2020, 04:04 PM
Trump is many things, good and bad, but he's the undisputed King of trolling. He sets the issues by doing stuff like this. His complaints about mail in voting weren't getting much coverage, but boy now it's being covered.

Not saying I love the strategy in all situations, but the media takes his bait every time, so he keeps doing it.

The liberals and their lackey media didn’t even realize what happened by attacking Trump on his mail in voting advice. It flushes their mantra that mail in voting is perfectly safe.