PDA

View Full Version : Interesting, Oregon sheriffs refusing to back up liberal politicians

Darryl
09-01-2020, 05:52 AM
Link

https://www.foxnews.com/us/oregon-sheriffs-reject-gov-kate-brown-request-staff-portland-protests

Darryl

UKHistory
09-01-2020, 09:45 AM
That is a powerful statement by the sheriff. Local governments need to talk with one another before making decisions for other groups.

I can't argue with the sheriff. And if local law enforcement are not available then the national guard or other law enforcement officers may be needed to quell the unrest.

catmanjack
09-01-2020, 09:59 AM
Why try to calm it? In my mind the city leaders ask for this and were elected to govern and protect each citizen and are failing. Let them destroy their cities.
Frankly I need to protest and voice my opinion on taking my hard earned money and paying to help clean up these messes or pay their unemployment while they cause terror.

KeithKSR
09-01-2020, 02:19 PM
That is a powerful statement by the sheriff. Local governments need to talk with one another before making decisions for other groups.

I can't argue with the sheriff. And if local law enforcement are not available then the national guard or other law enforcement officers may be needed to quell the unrest.

I can’t blame the sheriffs for not wanting to send their officers into harms way when the city refuses to uphold the rule of law through prosecution. It looks to me like the answer is pretty simple, use the National Guard, but that is basically an admission that Trump is right.