PDA

View Full Version : UK Football players to strike/walkout of practice

bigsky
08-27-2020, 04:42 PM
In support of the riots. Matt Jones reporting it, differently of course.

KeithKSR
08-27-2020, 04:43 PM
They only hurt themselves by missing the preparation time.

dan_bgblue
08-27-2020, 04:48 PM
I hope Auburn stomps them into the turf.

Darrell KSR
08-27-2020, 04:49 PM
Mississippi State also boycotted practice today.

StuBleedsBlue2
08-27-2020, 04:53 PM
I hope Auburn stomps them into the turf.

Then you are not a UK fan.

bigsky
08-27-2020, 05:15 PM
We don’t define “real fans” here

catmanjack
08-27-2020, 05:20 PM
Not sure how they figure this helps.
They should support an education and help prevent single parent homes to prevent these events from happening.

MickintheHam
08-27-2020, 06:00 PM
Tennessee has done the same thing.

KentuckyWildcat
08-27-2020, 06:04 PM
They only hurt themselves by missing the preparation time.Yep and became followers instead of leaders...

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

dan_bgblue
08-27-2020, 06:15 PM
Then you are not a UK fan.

You also do not have a clue.

blueboss
08-27-2020, 06:16 PM
I have no idea of the conversation, but my WAG is there was a conversation between the players and the staff and they decided to take the day off. Players get some athlete solidarity warm fuzzy, staff gets a little street cred for future recruiting.

Staff probably pull pull a “two-a-day” tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doc
08-27-2020, 06:44 PM
Tennessee has done the same thing.

Good because I am not a real Vol fan

StuBleedsBlue2
08-27-2020, 06:55 PM
You also do not have a clue.

Fans don’t root for their team to get stomped.

Pure and simple. THAT is the litmus test. You root for them in the field no matter what and you have failed the minimum criteria.

That certainly qualifies you as a limited interested party. No shame in that.

Fan? Ha!

Catfan73
08-27-2020, 06:57 PM
I’m sure to many if not most of these kids, this is an incredibly important topic and a chance to present a united front about something they feel very strongly about. Instead of condemning them because it’s something we may not personally believe, we should be supporting them.

We can’t very well urge them to become leaders of men and to speak out when they see injustice if we’re just going to tell them to keep quiet when we disagree. It doesn’t work that way. Some of you make me just shake my damn head.

ShoesSwayedBlue
08-27-2020, 07:07 PM
I’m sure to many if not most of these kids, this is an incredibly important topic and a chance to present a united front about something they feel very strongly about. Instead of condemning them because it’s something we may not personally believe, we should be supporting them.

We can’t very well urge them to become leaders of men and to speak out when they see injustice if we’re just going to tell them to keep quiet when we disagree. It doesn’t work that way. Some of you make me just shake my damn head.

Absolutely. Protesting against injustice is THE epitome of what it means to be an American.

ETWNAPPEL
08-27-2020, 07:21 PM
I don’t for the life of me understand why this would cause anyone to be angry.

I can understand thinking it doesn’t change anything. I can see you thinking they don’t have a mature understanding of what’s going on. I can get you thinking they are pawns. (I don’t think any of those things)

But outright anger? Because they took a stand? A stand that hurt no one? Anger? Really? Smdh

catsroar
08-27-2020, 07:22 PM
I love this board. I’ve followed for 20 years while infrequently posting. I’ve avoided the barber shop.

But I just can’t anymore....too much vitriol...too much hate...to be frank, too much blatant racism.

Maybe a break will do me good.

catmanjack
08-27-2020, 07:22 PM
Some need to be voted off this island! Gets old their comments and know it all attitude.

CitizenBBN
08-27-2020, 07:24 PM
Fans don’t root for their team to get stomped.

Pure and simple. THAT is the litmus test. You root for them in the field no matter what and you have failed the minimum criteria.

If we could only get some people to feel that way about their country...

CitizenBBN
08-27-2020, 07:30 PM
I love this board. I’ve followed for 20 years while infrequently posting. I’ve avoided the barber shop.

But I just can’t anymore....too much vitriol...too much hate...to be frank, too much blatant racism.

Our only choice at this point is to just whack about every thread, which is exactly what we may do.

I swim in the Barber Shop often, but I have no desire to do it here.

The simple problem is that somewhere around 98% of what is happening in sports right now is in fact political at least in some way. The board hasn't changed, the nation has shifted at least for this point in time and the board reflects that shift.

Can we make this an island away from it? I don't know. Going to try.

catmanjack
08-27-2020, 07:31 PM
+1 👍

KentuckyWildcat
08-27-2020, 07:41 PM
My thing is simple: stand out, be different.

Cancel practice for prayer instead. Invite under priviledged kids to practice with them. Or any other idea that would stand out and make the news. Instead of doing what everyone else is doing that was already controversial, more of the same is not going to help at this point IMO.

StuBleedsBlue2
08-27-2020, 07:50 PM

99% of Americans do, the problem is too many people can’t feel that way about one another.

CitizenBBN
08-27-2020, 07:56 PM
99% of Americans do, the problem is too many people can’t feel that way about one another.

B/c the America you believe in is not the America I believe in, at such a fundamental level I simply don't know how we find a solution.

Most of what I think is the right course of action to achieve equality you define as racist, and I'm not willing to give up individual liberty for the goal of equality of outcomes.

blueboss
08-27-2020, 08:03 PM
What time is practice in the morning.

catmanjack
08-27-2020, 08:28 PM
America will be split apart by a civil war, might not be in my life but within 50 years.
Way too divided and there are groups that just want to destroy the real true America!

Darrell KSR
08-27-2020, 08:32 PM

As Chuck said, it's a difficult time for us (mod squad), and for everyone.

Without question, it's sports related. My own personal way to handle this is to allow discussion here for awhile, and ultimately move it off the sports board because, again, without question it involves socio-political issues that predominate.

I have the exact same issue you have. I despise the vitriol. I have a very good feel for people, and I am confident that the people on this board are good and decent people, some of whom hold diametrically opposed views with each other on the socio-political scale. Probably same with religious beliefs, too.

I cannot stand to see good people beating up on each other like this. They REALLY want to do it on The Barber Shop, fine. We don't have to see it unless we want to visit there. You don't, and neither do I. (FWIW, I can pretty much guarantee I will irritate just about everybody if I started, as my views do not fit as neatly as they do for others. So I don't go there.)

Anyway, just hang with us. I personally won't let threads go too long without moving them to The Barber Shop. No offense intended to anyone, it's just what we, or at least, I, am going to do.

blueboss
08-27-2020, 08:36 PM
...so, are we practicing tomorrow?

Darrell KSR
08-27-2020, 08:52 PM
...so, are we practicing tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI would guess your other post is accurate. We have to have a certain number of off days anyway, so that's what they did. We'll practice tomorrow. They had their social statement today, and an off day.

bigsky
08-27-2020, 09:27 PM
I won’t be offended by anyone on this board. Been called all the names (Not so much on here). By the left, by the right, and by the wrong.

Doc
08-27-2020, 10:18 PM

Ouch.........

catsroar
08-27-2020, 11:15 PM
“Anyway, just hang with us. I personally won't let threads go too long without moving them to The Barber Shop. No offense intended to anyone, it's just what we, or at least, I, am going to do.”

Darrell, I’m going to hang around. I consider you a friend without ever having met you. Maybe if we knew more about each other, we’d be nicer. I’ll try.

I’m an attorney. A public defender. I represent poor people charged with crimes by the state of Kentucky and I love my job. I have a son in 9th grade who plays football and a daughter in 7th grade who is a cheerleader. We live in Bowling Green. My wife and I both went to UK Law and we come from generations of UK fans. We’re Democrats but I’ll hug any UK fan after a big play at a game. I honestly don’t care. My politics is separate from my fandom. UK sports has given so much happiness to me and my parents and my grandparents, the fact that we disagree about politics seems so inconsequential.

So.....tell me about yourselves. Maybe this deserves its own thread in a spirit of solidarity.

catmanjack
08-27-2020, 11:42 PM
I have so many questions like how can you be a Democrat and vote for a system that is tearing the great America apart.
I know that’s my view and I am always a willing listener but my mind will not grasp that concept of their direction.

TRUCKERCATFAN
08-28-2020, 09:26 AM
B/c the America you believe in is not the America I believe in, at such a fundamental level I simply don't know how we find a solution.

Most of what I think is the right course of action to achieve equality you define as racist, and I'm not willing to give up individual liberty for the goal of equality of outcomes.

He definitely “bleeds blue”. Too bad it’s radical DNC blue.

Catonahottinroof
08-28-2020, 09:31 AM
With a generation of now hyphenated Americans, what about this surprises you? Easily divided is easily conquered. Both political parties play this dynamic to the hilt.

CitizenBBN
08-28-2020, 05:28 PM
With a generation of now hyphenated Americans, what about this surprises you? Easily divided is easily conquered. Both political parties play this dynamic to the hilt.

Minorities on college campuses are now demanding they have separate housing.

Honest to goodness, people are demanding the return of segregation. That's how much lunacy has been caused by identity politics.

blueboss
08-28-2020, 06:04 PM
How’d practice go today? Good opportunity to get in some wet snaps.

Last year I think we played in two different hurricanes. We definitely had the edge on a wet field. Might be different this year with a full play book.

...including, the TE leaking out over the middle.😳

dan_bgblue
08-29-2020, 07:54 AM
...including, the TE leaking out over the middle.��

you are kidding right?:sign0141: