PDA

View Full Version : The MLB, NBA, NFL, NASCAR, etc. had a locked audience...

VirginiaCat
08-21-2020, 08:10 AM
Demand was high for entertainment. People were clamoring for anything.

And all of them have blown it in one way or the other. NBA down 40% viewers with an audience that has very limited other entertainment options. NFL will be same. As is MLB.

The kneeling. The Shirt Statements. The simple lack of respect for this country.

They have pissed off their audience.

What they fail to realize, is we pay them for their talents on the court or field for which they play. When it comes to politics or social positons, their opinions do not matter one whit more than Joe Average American.

They need to shut up and throw, run, catch, tackle, dribble, and drive. That is their value. Otherwise. Shut up.

catmanjack
08-21-2020, 09:32 AM
Great and true post!
I turned on baseball when they started back up and what do they show on the pitching mound but BLM!
Instantly the tv goes off.
How can you show support for a domestic terrorist group that just wants to tear down the country.
Mind blowing how brainwashed American youth is!

catmanjack
08-21-2020, 09:32 AM
Voting Democrat is supporting this groups that want nothing but to tear down the American values!

bigsky
08-21-2020, 10:17 AM
Not watching any of it.

KSRBEvans
08-21-2020, 11:53 AM
For me it's not political--I'm just out of the sports habit and honestly I don't have a lot of interest in jumping back in. Although I'm sure a lot of it is politically based, I'm guessing a lot of other people feel that way, too. For example, our office has done a fantasy football league for 12 years, but this year there's no interest. I guess I'll watch college football and UK basketball when (if) it resumes.

What I miss the most about sports is being able to go to our local minor league park and catch a game. Any day at the ballpark is a good day.

Doc
08-21-2020, 12:00 PM
I ignore the politics in the same way I do with Hollywood elites. I'm disappointed , and wish it was where business and politics don't mix. MOST successful business stay away from politics.

Catonahottinroof
08-21-2020, 03:18 PM
Sports has been my refuge from it. Now, not so much.....

I ignore the politics in the same way I do with Hollywood elites. I'm disappointed , and wish it was where business and politics don't mix. MOST successful business stay away from politics.

KentuckyWildcat
08-23-2020, 04:10 PM
Even if I agreed with them, I want to watcch sports and movies to escape realilty. That is now difficult to do.

UKRxman93
08-24-2020, 09:45 PM
Even if I agreed with them, I want to watcch sports and movies to escape realilty. That is now difficult to do.

Exactly.

catmanjack
08-24-2020, 10:03 PM
We use sports to get away and relax, there is no place for this extra stuff in sports

KentuckyWildcat
08-25-2020, 08:48 AM
This guy gets it. I would feel the same way about right wing politics and sports.

https://heavy.com/sports/los-angeles-lakers/2020/08/lebron-james-destroying-nba/?fbclid=IwAR09cy7N1-CGipmIT1RqjV7JrkPHR4bzoh2RMY85JfqAmCw3yxzIUQDTtW0