PDA

View Full Version : Deer hunter...finally connected

jazyd
01-22-2013, 11:00 PM
Finally hit something after some bad shots. Killed a nice 6 pt at 16.5" wide, but thought he might have been an 8 when I first saw him. Got pictures of 2 really nice deer 2 hrs after I left a stand. One is 20" wide 10pt

DanISSELisdaman
01-23-2013, 05:10 PM
Congrats Jazy!

MickintheHam
01-28-2013, 09:54 AM
Finally hit something after some bad shots. Killed a nice 6 pt at 16.5" wide, but thought he might have been an 8 when I first saw him. Got pictures of 2 really nice deer 2 hrs after I left a stand. One is 20" wide 10pt

Jazy, I may have to take up the sport. I drove Saturday night from Auburn to the Grand National On a 3 mile stretch of road we encountered 15 deer. I was down to driving about 20 miles an hour to be sure I didn't run into one.

The Saturday Night before, I was stopped by a cop in Sylacauga. I knew I was pretty much on the speed limit. After checking my registration he said they were stepping up patrols because there had been three accidents on that stretch of highway due to encounters with deer. I blew that off, believing they were looking for something in the car. But now I'm not so sure.

If you are seeing only 3 deer, you need to cross over the state line and come to alaBama. We need some help over here.:poke:

thedeerehunter
01-31-2013, 01:32 PM
Congrats Big Blue brother! I still have trail cams out checking to see what made it thru the season and got a few pics of some deer I haven't seen. Young, but promising.

jazyd
01-31-2013, 09:44 PM
Season ended today but mine ended last Sunday. Had a fun year but I need to practice more next year, lets say I left several to spread their rather goog genes. I have had fun showing your picture

CitizenBBN
01-31-2013, 11:48 PM
Jazy, I may have to take up the sport. I drove Saturday night from Auburn to the Grand National On a 3 mile stretch of road we encountered 15 deer. I was down to driving about 20 miles an hour to be sure I didn't run into one.

The Saturday Night before, I was stopped by a cop in Sylacauga. I knew I was pretty much on the speed limit. After checking my registration he said they were stepping up patrols because there had been three accidents on that stretch of highway due to encounters with deer. I blew that off, believing they were looking for something in the car. But now I'm not so sure.

If you are seeing only 3 deer, you need to cross over the state line and come to alaBama. We need some help over here.:poke:

As Ron White said, they're elusive little critters. :) If you can't shoot one with a regular bullet, slow it down to 60mph and put on little headlights and a horn and they'll jump out in front of it.

jazyd
02-01-2013, 04:53 PM
BBN I used to know a guy in New Orleans that road hunted, with his cadillac.