PDA

View Full Version : Annual Total Salary for Congress = $93,100,000

Darryl
07-31-2020, 03:57 PM
That does not include health benefits, perks, free meals, security, travel etc.

We get almost NOTHING of value from them

Democrats/Republicans they all suck

Darryl

kingcat
07-31-2020, 04:03 PM
That does not include health benefits, perks, free meals, security, travel etc.

We get almost NOTHING of value from them

Democrats/Republicans they all suck

Darryl

And that's certainly not all the financial benefit they get from the job.

KeithKSR
07-31-2020, 04:42 PM
And that's certainly not all the financial benefit they get from the job.

You don’t become a millionaire like many of them have done on a congressional salary.

catmanjack
07-31-2020, 08:11 PM
The Clintons have stolen over 200 million dollars from the American people and the loved Obama over 50 million, now how do you think they accumulated wealth like that in politics?

kingcat
07-31-2020, 08:54 PM
:sad0119:

blueboss
08-01-2020, 08:57 AM
It’s not so much the money that’s wasted on Congress that bothers me, it’s the oxygen they’re using up that really gets to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UKHistory
08-01-2020, 12:26 PM
You don’t become a millionaire like many of them have done on a congressional salary.

At least the senators usually start as millionaires. It is a racket all right.

KeithKSR
08-01-2020, 12:49 PM
At least the senators usually start as millionaires. It is a racket all right.

That’s true, the House members don’t start out rich, but many get there in a short time. Omar is on the fast track.

CitizenBBN
08-01-2020, 03:23 PM
IMO we should quadruple the salaries, maybe increase 10 fold.

BUT, then we change the rules so they keep ZERO of any campaign funds, even on retirement, and receive absolutely no other money in any way.

In fact, I'd be all for a federally supported campaign fund. Every candidate that gets X number of signatures to get on the ballot gets Y dollars to spend, but no one else can give them anything.

Now, the problem is the first amendment. If I like a candidate it's my right to voice that support. PACs were an attempt to separate free speech from candidate pockets, but it didn't work. Maybe we can enforce those rules better, but I doubt it.

But you have to pay to attract good people, and if they are extremely well paid in salary maybe they have less need to worry about how much a lobbyist will help them, or whether they get that cherry board directorship when they retire.