PDA

View Full Version : Sad, sad day.

kingcat
07-28-2020, 11:33 AM
Yesterday I lost a good friend and music compadre. For forty years we had played together in a band, and a couple of years ago he developed advanced copd. I'm not certain of the exact cause of death...but I am certain it feels like the end of an era to me. He could rock-n-roll, fiddle the Souths gonna do it (our biggest requested cover song), or sit in your living room and entertain you. he was alsoo the Kentucky State fiddle champion back in the early nineties

I 'd like to share this living room video with you from a couple of years back. He was quite the talent and quite a character. And I think this recording represents him and his life perfectly. It's the childrens song Itsy Bitsy Spider Performed as a gift for his grand daughter.

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=-tpFLiqjuxY&list=RDAMVM-tpFLiqjuxY

MickintheHam
07-28-2020, 11:59 AM
May his spirit live within you and with those who played with him.

BigBluePappy
07-28-2020, 12:06 PM
Truly hard to lose a musical brother, kingcat.
My prayers go out to you and his loved ones that the Father comforts you with his Matchless Love.

VirginiaCat
07-28-2020, 01:06 PM
So very sorry for your loss. Good buddy of mine from my high school days passed 2 days ago, also a musician. Maybe your buddy and Big Bob are up there entertaining folks together right now.

Darrell KSR
07-28-2020, 01:11 PM
Sorry to hear of the losses of your friends, guys.

kingcat
07-28-2020, 01:17 PM
So very sorry for your loss. Good buddy of mine from my high school days passed 2 days ago, also a musician. Maybe your buddy and Big Bob are up there entertaining folks together right now.

Sorry to hear about Big Bob.

Catonahottinroof
07-28-2020, 06:36 PM
So sorry to hear about your loss Kingcat. Godspeed.

suncat05
07-29-2020, 03:07 AM
Condolences, kingcat. I watched the video, your friend definitely knew how to play that guitar.

catmanjack
08-01-2020, 03:32 PM
Sorry to hear king!

kingcat
08-01-2020, 08:09 PM
Thanks all. The itsy bitsy spider video was done as a gift for his Grand daughter.