PDA

View Full Version : The next Covid live experiment: Disney World

KSRBEvans
07-08-2020, 08:47 AM
WDW reopens next week and is already doing soft reopenings with Cast Members/selected media and, later this week, Annual Pass holders. Here's a pic of the wait line at 7 Dwarfs Mine Train yesterday:

https://twitter.com/DisneyFoodBlog/status/1280583868924428289

The people in line are the people who will be enforcing distancing rules.

KentuckyWildcat
07-08-2020, 08:51 AM
They shut down a week or two after we went back in Feb/March. Glad we just made it before the shutdown. Do not plan to return anytime soon :)

dan_bgblue
07-08-2020, 12:00 PM
Hi-ho, hi-ho,
to COVID land we go
We'll cough and sneeze
and often wheeze
Hi-ho, hi-ho, hi-ho, hi-ho!

kingcat
07-08-2020, 05:06 PM
Hi-ho, hi-ho,
to COVID land we go
We'll cough and sneeze
and often wheeze

https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/animated-laughing-gif-11.gif

CitizenBBN
07-08-2020, 05:37 PM
The people in line are the people who will be enforcing distancing rules.

Dan's poem is worthy of Shakespeare, but this is still the funniest and saddest thing I've seen today.

BigBluePappy
07-08-2020, 05:44 PM
Hi-ho, hi-ho,
to COVID land we go
We'll cough and sneeze
and often wheeze

I nominate you to win the intergoogles for the day!
:sHa_clap2::unworthy::sHa_clap2::unworthy:

Darrell KSR
07-08-2020, 06:24 PM
Dan's poem is worthy of Shakespeare, but this is still the funniest and saddest thing I've seen today.X2. Dan wins the internet, and BEvans with a related award for best humor and sad observation.

CitizenBBN
07-08-2020, 11:45 PM
X2. Dan wins the internet, and BEvans with a related award for best humor and sad observation.

I love a good irony, and when you get one that is so deliciously true, sad and funny all at the same time....

But I have to say Dan's is inspirational. I may respond with an attempt of my own. Disney has plenty of tunes to choose from.

MickintheHam
07-09-2020, 10:05 AM
Hi-ho, hi-ho,
to COVID land we go
We'll cough and sneeze
and often wheeze

😂

Darrell KSR
07-12-2020, 08:42 PM
Warning... Gallows humor following. Not mine, just somebody I know from past theatre adventures. I take no blame nor credit for this one.

Who's the rat that opened up
During the virus spree?
M-I-C-K-E-Y C-O-V-I-D!
'Rona Mouse,
'Rona Mouse,
Remember me when you're in ICU
You! You! You!
Hope the rides and tchotchkes were worth your mortality...
M-I-C...
"See you in the hospital!"
K-E-Y...
"Why isn't Grandpa moving anymore?"
CEEEE-OOOOH-VEEEEE-EYE-DEEEEE!

KSRBEvans
07-12-2020, 08:50 PM
:lmao: Darrell

KSRBEvans
07-12-2020, 08:52 PM
I will say I watched a live stream someone was doing yesterday and it looked a lot better--virtually empty to the point of I'm wondering how Disney could turn a profit paying cast members and running attractions for that few guests in the park. So I guess they learned a lot from their first shot at it earlier in the week.

Darrell KSR
07-12-2020, 10:12 PM
I thought it looked ok. Apparently there was a bottleneck that freaked out a "Disney blogger" that made the Twitterworld, and that did look like a screw-up, but it wasn't waiting in lines for rides. She got caught in the lines and had to either continue and go forward, or if you elected to leave, she'd still have to backtrack through it (which is what she chose, ultimately). I think even she said that everything else was working, though. Guest services or something, I dunno...I didn't pay that much attention.

CitizenBBN
07-14-2020, 06:56 PM
I will say I watched a live stream someone was doing yesterday and it looked a lot better--virtually empty to the point of I'm wondering how Disney could turn a profit paying cast members and running attractions for that few guests in the park. So I guess they learned a lot from their first shot at it earlier in the week.

The E Ticket price is now $7,500.00.

(They dont' even use E Tickets anymore, but I remember them from when I was a kid).

I have heard that some if not many restaurants have gone up on prices to deal with the overhead versus the lower number of patrons.

KentuckyWildcat
07-14-2020, 07:40 PM
I have heard that some if not many restaurants have gone up on prices to deal with the overhead versus the lower number of patrons.

I'd pay good money for 15 minute lines for rides.

CitizenBBN
07-14-2020, 08:52 PM
I meant restaurants generally, but I'm sure Disney has adjusted prices.

And yes, I'd pay a premium to be in the park with no lines. A big one, were I a Disney person.