PDA

View Full Version : Coronavirus: Dexamethasone proves first life-saving drug

dan_bgblue
06-18-2020, 06:30 PM
Widely available and very affordable as well. Not a 100% cure all, but a very effective medicine for those on ventilators.

Linkage (https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53061281)

KeithKSR
06-19-2020, 10:53 AM
I noted that it is used to create a lot of the same diseases that hydroxychloroquin is used to treat.

Doc
06-19-2020, 11:23 AM
I am shocked it took so long to come to this point. Vets use dexi like water. It is by far and away our number 1 drug ti treat inflammation of any type. Cost is less than a penny a dose for tablets and the injectable is a couple bucks a bottle. Dexi is similar to prednisone/prednisilone, just far more potent (approx 20x stronger). If the issue with Covid is inflammatory, it should have been implimented as part of the protocol months ago.

KeithKSR
11-15-2020, 08:51 AM
I am shocked it took so long to come to this point. Vets use dexi like water. It is by far and away our number 1 drug ti treat inflammation of any type. Cost is less than a penny a dose for tablets and the injectable is a couple bucks a bottle. Dexi is similar to prednisone/prednisilone, just far more potent (approx 20x stronger). If the issue with Covid is inflammatory, it should have been implimented as part of the protocol months ago.

Any low cost pharma alternatives get buried quickly.