PDA

View Full Version : John Clay: If you want college football this fall, wear a mask

Darrell KSR
06-15-2020, 08:53 AM
I suspect this will be moved to the Barber Shop, which is fine if it is, but starting here.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/john-clay/article243484696.html

Doc
06-15-2020, 09:07 AM
Or....

If you are worried about contracting COVID, stay home.

Critter
06-15-2020, 09:21 AM
Or....

If you are worried about contracting COVID, stay home.

This option makes more sense.

dan_bgblue
06-15-2020, 10:23 AM
This option makes more sense.

+2

Terry Blue
06-15-2020, 11:08 AM
I believe all games will be on tv

suncat05
06-15-2020, 12:44 PM
I'm just gonna watch from the sanctity of the casa. 👍😉🏈🍺🍝🍕🍜🍖🍲

Padukacat
06-15-2020, 12:53 PM
You wont hear this in the news but per worldometer i believe i looked and the last time there were this few deaths from Covid (331 yesterday) nationwide, the date was March 25th. Steady decline since early may. If there isnt a considerable spike in deaths in the coming weeks from reopening and the protests, then i say hold the throttle wide open until the fall. Of course stay in if you are high risk or concerned. Wouldnt we want to open everything full on now in the summer months to not inundate the hospitals this fall, or did we forget about that part?

Crazy4Blue
06-15-2020, 01:22 PM
What Paduka said

VirginiaCat
06-15-2020, 01:27 PM
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm

KSRBEvans
06-15-2020, 07:56 PM
Another way of looking at it is as testing now is up to approximately 500,000 tests daily, the 7-day rolling average of positive tests is down to < 5%:

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/individual-states

westtncat
06-15-2020, 08:00 PM
What Paducah said, Until the death count starts trending upward, I am not going to worry about it. Today's world death toll was 3200 with 118,000 new cases. On April 17th, it was 8500 with 85,000 new cases. The death toll has been trending down every week with the new cases trending up every week. Common sense would tell you that the virus is not as virulent as it was. Don't fall for the fear mongering until it's evident that it is getting worse. The death numbers say that it is getting better regardless of the new cases.

Another trend that is going down, is the number of serious and critical cases. It has been trending down along with the death numbers.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

tpenrod23
06-15-2020, 08:03 PM
i live in houston and if i get one more call from someone out of state about how cases are spiking down here I'm gonna lose my freakin mind. The 9 county Houston metropolitan area had exactly Zero deaths on Tuesday and two on Thursday. The population of the eight county area is almost 8 MM people, yet somehow we are all over the national news as a purported hotspot. Even the Texas Med Center is saying current new case level is of "no concern."

MickintheHam
06-15-2020, 10:38 PM
I don't take medical advice from John Clay and don't take political advice from Kyrie Irving.

ukpumacat
06-16-2020, 02:20 AM
I don't take medical advice from John Clay and don't take political advice from Kyrie Irving.

Ha. That is pretty solid advice right there.

Patrick541
06-16-2020, 06:44 AM
Aren't some of yall in Alabama? Have read Bama is getting hit hard. That true?

MickintheHam
06-16-2020, 07:36 AM
Aren't some of yall in Alabama? Have read Bama is getting hit hard. That true?

The Huntsville area and South AL from Montgomery to the FL line seems to be bad. Most cases are in smaller towns and rural areas where there hadn't been any significant outbreaks in March, April and May. Like many things in life it is slow to reach Alabama. If you plan to travel through AL in the next week or so I would skip stopping in those areas for fuel, or food. If the stop is for relief, remember it is Alabama and you can generally stop alongside the road.

Doc
06-16-2020, 09:41 AM

That is because you believe the earth is round....

catmanjack
06-16-2020, 09:43 AM
What! That’s not what I was taught!

Patrick541
06-16-2020, 12:59 PM
The Huntsville area and South AL from Montgomery to the FL line seems to be bad. Most cases are in smaller towns and rural areas where there hadn't been any significant outbreaks in March, April and May. Like many things in life it is slow to reach Alabama. If you plan to travel through AL in the next week or so I would skip stopping in those areas for fuel, or food. If the stop is for relief, remember it is Alabama and you can generally stop alongside the road.

Thanks. Yeah, I'm driving right through all that to Pensacola Friday to stay at the beach for a wk.

MickintheHam
06-16-2020, 02:57 PM
Thanks. Yeah, I'm driving right through all that to Pensacola Friday to stay at the beach for a wk.

I’m doing the same thing except going to Blue Mtn. beach. Rented a house for family and extended family. Remember if you are in Pensacola, take an extra cooler and stop at Jack Pattie’s. They will stock your cooler with their delicious fare and ice it down for the trip home. Remember to allow about an hour to peruse their offerings. It’s the warehouse of seafood.

ETWNAPPEL
06-16-2020, 06:57 PM
I’m doing the same thing except going to Blue Mtn. beach. Rented a house for family and extended family. Remember if you are in Pensacola, take an extra cooler and stop at Jack Pattie’s. They will stock your cooler with their delicious fare and ice it down for the trip home. Remember to allow about an hour to peruse their offerings. It’s the warehouse of seafood.

Jack Patty’s: solid advice!

KSRBEvans
06-16-2020, 09:19 PM
Jack Patty’s: solid advice!

Great place! (I think they call it Joe Patti's, but everybody that's been there knows what you mean.) We get our seafood for the week when we're down there and then get some to take home with us on the way out.

Mrs. BEvans and I hope to go see our son in Japan in August, but I don't think the travel ban will be lifted by then. If that's the case, we're probably heading down to the coast in September.

MickintheHam
06-17-2020, 12:48 AM
Well, my bad. It’s Joe Patti. Jack did the traffic reports on WVLK. But, you owe it to yourself to stop there.

https://www.joepattis.com/Joe-Pattis-Seafood-Company-Welcome.cfm