PDA

View Full Version : Defund the police

dan_bgblue
06-09-2020, 01:44 PM
It seems like all of these plans intend to take all or a portion of the budgeted funds from the police department budgets and either invest the money in black neighborhoods, schools, businesses, etc or some use the language redistribute the money to the black communities.

Whichever is the case, it appears to me that the local governments are stealing the money from the taxpayer. All of the money in the police department's budgets was collected from the citizens, and businesses as part of their tax bill, and the amount they were taxed for public safety was an agreed on amount between the tax payer and the city and or county government. If they want to give me back the money I paid in taxes so I can at least partially fund my future safety then so be it, and then do not tax me for public safety other than possibly fire, ambulance, services if we come to an agreement on charges for such services.

dan_bgblue
06-09-2020, 01:53 PM
National Democrat leaders are backing up and saying they do nt support such actions. Even "you are not black enough" Biden has hopped off the fence and had his caregivers offer a statement to the public acknowledging that he does not support such actions.

Doc
06-09-2020, 01:59 PM
It seems like all of these plans intend to take all or a portion of the budgeted funds from the police department budgets and either invest the money in black neighborhoods, schools, businesses, etc or some use the language redistribute the money to the black communities.

Whichever is the case, it appears to me that the local governments are stealing the money from the taxpayer. All of the money in the police department's budgets was collected from the citizens, and businesses as part of their tax bill, and the amount they were taxed for public safety was an agreed on amount between the tax payer and the city and or county government. If they want to give me back the money I paid in taxes so I can at least partially fund my future safety then so be it, and then do not tax me for public safety other than possibly fire, ambulance, services if we come to an agreement on charges for such services.

Agree...send me a check for $500 so I can buy a Beretta

CitizenBBN
06-09-2020, 02:42 PM
Most are talking about reducing funding, but what the extreme left is trying to do is nailed by Tucker Carlson. it's not to get rid of police, it's to REPLACE the police, which is by and large a more conservative group, with THEIR people. Fire everyone top to bottom in the force and bring in extreme leftists and give them the guns.

I doubt even Minneapolis thinks they can have a city with Zero law enforcement, but if they create such vacuum it won't take long until the crime justifies installing a new, armed regime.

dan_bgblue
06-09-2020, 04:42 PM
LA wants to take 150 million from the police department budget and give it away to black communities

KeithKSR
06-09-2020, 04:52 PM
LA wants to take 150 million from the police department budget and give it away to black communities

Sounds like a bribe to get them to be quiet and then they can claim a resolution in time for the elections.

CitizenBBN
06-09-2020, 05:48 PM

Good plan. I'm sure it will help LA's poorest communities to have fewer police resources to bring to bear on drugs and gangs. Maybe they can build some more parks for the drug dealers to use as bases of operations.

suncat05
06-09-2020, 08:15 PM
Well, now that I'm "retired"........😂

dan_bgblue
06-09-2020, 08:31 PM
Good plan. I'm sure it will help LA's poorest communities to have fewer police resources to bring to bear on drugs and gangs. Maybe they can build some more parks for the drug dealers to use as bases of operations.

But you don't understand. Those communities are occupied by law abiding citizens that are misunderstood and forced to be bad guys by the unfair, racist policemen. They need nice stores, nice restaurants, and nice homes and there will be no crime to worry about and no need to send in the law. They can police themselves. The communities in Chicago are proof positive to that.

:evilgrin0007:

CitizenBBN
06-09-2020, 09:05 PM
Well, I'll agree there are a lot of good, law abiding folks in those neighborhoods. Who now have no groceries or pharmacies or shops b/c some other people are trying to help them by burning it or stealing it.

I'm sure having even fewer cops will really help encourage businesses to reopen and relocate there, which will make things even better for those decent folks. They are trapped in poverty, which is the source of all the other problems, and no doubt the way to fix that is to drive out job opportunities and tax base.

KentuckyWildcat
06-09-2020, 09:07 PM
I say let the liberal cities defund the police.

CitizenBBN
06-09-2020, 09:12 PM
I say let the liberal cities defund the police.

I feel horrible for what Minneapolis folks would suffer but I'd be curious to see it.

Though I think the idea is not really to have "no police", but to have THEIR police, i.e. firing all the cops there now and bringing in what is effectively their far left militia as "cops".

Apparently though it's "white privilege" to call 911 and get a response, so maybe they really do mean to just get rid of them.

KeithKSR
06-09-2020, 10:14 PM
Well, I'll agree there are a lot of good, law abiding folks in those neighborhoods. Who now have no groceries or pharmacies or shops b/c some other people are trying to help them by burning it or stealing it.

It doesn’t harm those upper middle class white College kids who make up a huge chunk of Antifa.

dan_bgblue
06-10-2020, 07:13 PM
Even the people that are playing with the money can not figure out what to call how they are moving the money around.

Linkage (https://www.foxnews.com/politics/karen-bass-los-angeles-police-reduced-budget)

MickintheHam
06-10-2020, 08:11 PM

“Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn!”

dan_bgblue
06-11-2020, 09:51 AM
Anarchy is a Bit%% my dear.

Seattle autonomous zone. Show me some ID (https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-protests-armed-guards-local-businesses-extortion)

Catonahottinroof
06-11-2020, 10:09 AM
They have gotten what they voted for unfortunately.....voted for idiocy that would allow this to happen.
Anarchy is a Bit%% my dear.

Seattle autonomous zone. Show me some ID (https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-protests-armed-guards-local-businesses-extortion)

dan_bgblue
06-13-2020, 09:25 AM
New York City Council backs proposal to slash $1 billion from NYPD budget

The loss of $1 billion in funding would limit the scope and function of the police, but the City Council believes it shows a clear commitment towards reform.

If something is not operating how you want it to it is necessary to either throw more money at it or take money from it. ""Liberal school of mismanagement Chapter !""

CitizenBBN
06-13-2020, 05:34 PM
New York City Council backs proposal to slash $1 billion from NYPD budget

If something is not operating how you want it to it is necessary to either throw more money at it or take money from it. ""Liberal school of mismanagement Chapter !""

I imagine one of the first positions to be cut will be the Sensitivity Training Officer. lol

dan_bgblue
06-20-2020, 11:36 AM
Steve Levy: Defund the police? Tried that in the '60s and '70s. Here's how it worked (https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/defund-police-tried-60s-70s-failed-steve-levy)

dan_bgblue
07-19-2020, 09:01 PM
The lawlessness is still a problem in Seattle (https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-rioters-looting-amazon-store-officers-injured)

Catonahottinroof
07-19-2020, 09:34 PM
Portland is as bad, if not worse. The voting public put morons in office to allow this stuff.....you get what you vote for....

The lawlessness is still a problem in Seattle (https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-rioters-looting-amazon-store-officers-injured)

catmanjack
07-19-2020, 10:58 PM
What is wrong with these people that they believe these actions are warranted.
How anyone could support BLM is beyond me.
What’s happening in Portland will drive the next civil war.
Just mind blowing!

bigsky
07-20-2020, 07:15 AM

In 16 years of city commissioner, I was the only person who expressed that “we told them this was where their taxes will go and they paid them” contractual idea. Even when it was a tax increase that was voted on, it always got converted.

bigsky
07-20-2020, 07:18 AM
Two things kill cities. Lack of opportunity, and lack of safety. Once it’s perceived as unsafe to walk your streets, you’re done.

dan_bgblue
07-20-2020, 07:33 AM
Two things kill cities. Lack of opportunity, and lack of safety. Once it’s perceived as unsafe to walk your streets, you’re done.

That is easy to understand. Humans and many animals gather together to live for safety in thew wild, and in many cases that is the only driving force that brings them together. As you said once that is gone the reason to live in large groups is gone and those groups will disperse.

KeithKSR
07-20-2020, 09:31 AM
That is easy to understand. Humans and many animals gather together to live for safety in thew wild, and in many cases that is the only driving force that brings them together. As you said once that is gone the reason to live in large groups is gone and those groups will disperse.

A YouTuber I follow, Wranglerstar, lives in rural Oregon. In a recent video he mentioned that a couple of his acquaintances who deal in real estate have sold all of their investment properties in Portland and have purchased rural properties, people can’t get out of Seattle and Portland fast enough. This exodus isn’t limited to the Northwest cities as people all over the counter are fleeing from the cities for what the perceive to be the safety of suburban and rural areas.

suncat05
07-20-2020, 10:10 AM
Guys, I am sooooooo glad that I'm retired now.
Having grown up policing in the late 70's- early 80's, how I was taught & trained is a little different now than how today's LEO's are trained. They're not being trained like I was. There is too much leniency and talking involved now. Too much "political correctness". Especially when some $hitbird puts their hands on me and then I'm expected to just 'accept' that as normal? As part of the job?
Not just no, but HELL NO! I have not ever punched, struck, or injured someone who didn't start what happened to them because they tried to hurt or harm me first. But try to put your hands on me or try to engage/injure me in any manner and see what happens.
Matter of fact, I arrested a guy several months before I retired that put his hands on me. Never met the guy before, didn't know him at all, but he walked up to me and asked me a question, which I answered in a polite & professional manner, and I guess he didn't like the answer. The guy put his hand on my chest and pushed me. At which time I grabbed his wrist, placed him in an arm bar takedown, without injuring him, and then handcuffed him and arrested him. For Battery on a LEO.
Today's younger generation of LEO's are now expected to accept that as 'normal'. Not just no, but HELL NO! Put your hands on me and see what happens.

KeithKSR
07-20-2020, 12:06 PM
Guys, I am sooooooo glad that I'm retired now.
Having grown up policing in the late 70's- early 80's, how I was taught & trained is a little different now than how today's LEO's are trained. They're not being trained like I was. There is too much leniency and talking involved now. Too much "political correctness". Especially when some $hitbird puts their hands on me and then I'm expected to just 'accept' that as normal? As part of the job?
Not just no, but HELL NO! I have not ever punched, struck, or injured someone who didn't start what happened to them because they tried to hurt or harm me first. But try to put your hands on me or try to engage/injure me in any manner and see what happens.
Matter of fact, I arrested a guy several months before I retired that put his hands on me. Never met the guy before, didn't know him at all, but he walked up to me and asked me a question, which I answered in a polite & professional manner, and I guess he didn't like the answer. The guy put his hand on my chest and pushed me. At which time I grabbed his wrist, placed him in an arm bar takedown, without injuring him, and then handcuffed him and arrested him. For Battery on a LEO.
Today's younger generation of LEO's are now expected to accept that as 'normal'. Not just no, but HELL NO! Put your hands on me and see what happens.

What is more troubling to me is that these twenty somethings think it is ok to put your hands on a police officer.

catmanjack
07-20-2020, 12:17 PM
Twenty somethings think there is no need for laws/rules and should never be told anything to help them they know it all.
Have three step kids and they are all in support of Democrats and BLM.
And you cannot explain anything to them.

Catonahottinroof
07-20-2020, 01:05 PM
Social media has raised a generation that hasn’t gotten ass kicking for running their mouths too.

catmanjack
07-20-2020, 02:28 PM
I think it’s handing them everything and expecting very little in return they are a very lazy age group in general.
Scary part is they will have kids that will be ruining the country even more!

BigBluePappy
07-20-2020, 02:56 PM
Social media has raised a generation that hasn’t gotten ass kicking for running their mouths too.

:sHa_clap2:

catmanjack
07-20-2020, 10:25 PM
True Americans should be embarrassed to live in Portland and Seattle.

KeithKSR
07-21-2020, 04:12 PM
True Americans should be embarrassed to live in Portland and Seattle.

People are leaving those areas. There is also a move afoot for some counties in Washington and Oregon to become part of Utah.

KeithKSR
07-21-2020, 04:16 PM
Wallowa County has enough signatures to get on the November ballot to vote to join Utah. Other counties are still getting signatures.

https://www.bigcountrynewsconnection.com/idaho/oregon-idaho-border-relocation-will-be-on-november-ballot-for-wallowa-county/article_3f6aeb76-c948-11ea-9828-87e0189ff0c2.html

catmanjack
07-21-2020, 09:09 PM
Great move and note worthy news, see you report with facts!

catmanjack
07-21-2020, 09:14 PM
Will never be a word of this on national news but there should be.

suncat05
07-21-2020, 09:18 PM
Wallowa County has enough signatures to get on the November ballot to vote to join Utah. Other counties are still getting signatures.

https://www.bigcountrynewsconnection.com/idaho/oregon-idaho-border-relocation-will-be-on-november-ballot-for-wallowa-county/article_3f6aeb76-c948-11ea-9828-87e0189ff0c2.html

I'll bet there are barristers all over the country that are keeping an eye on this situation.
1) Looking at which party will have the strongest legal argument, and 2) the profits from representing any parties involved will likely be substantial, and 3) gaining the reputation as the attorney(s) that argued and won this case would be very financially rewarding in future endeavors.
Also, has this ever happened before? If it was to happen, would it be a precedent setting case?
I understand that basically we're talking breaking from one state to become a part of another state. Like what happened to start the American Civil War, but on a smaller scale.
This will be interesting to watch.

LakeCat
07-21-2020, 09:54 PM
My son is a major in KSP. What I gather from him that with early retirements and inability to recruit cadets the force is defunding itself and there soon will be one heck of a thin gray line in Kentucky. I was on military active duty in the 70's and I know how they feel right now morale wise.

catmanjack
07-21-2020, 11:26 PM
It’s beyond my comprehension as to how this liberal group can think what they are doing is helpful not only now but to the future, I just get a sense America is crumbling right before our eyes and may never be the same.
On top of that they constantly blame Trump.

Doc
07-22-2020, 12:25 PM
It’s beyond my comprehension as to how this liberal group can think what they are doing is helpful not only now but to the future, I just get a sense America is crumbling right before our eyes and may never be the same.
On top of that they constantly blame Trump.

Crumbling or getting pisssed? I see lots and lots of folks getting pissed. Fortunately it should drive the GOP voters to the polls, while the young punk protestors sit home playing Halo and beer pong.

KeithKSR
07-22-2020, 04:42 PM
I'll bet there are barristers all over the country that are keeping an eye on this situation.
1) Looking at which party will have the strongest legal argument, and 2) the profits from representing any parties involved will likely be substantial, and 3) gaining the reputation as the attorney(s) that argued and won this case would be very financially rewarding in future endeavors.
Also, has this ever happened before? If it was to happen, would it be a precedent setting case?
I understand that basically we're talking breaking from one state to become a part of another state. Like what happened to start the American Civil War, but on a smaller scale.
This will be interesting to watch.

A group of Virginia counties broke away and formed their own state.

suncat05
07-22-2020, 06:00 PM
A group of Virginia counties broke away and formed their own state.

Okay. Didn't know that. The counties that broke away.......became West Virginia?

dan_bgblue
07-22-2020, 06:49 PM
They became Kentucky

KeithKSR
07-23-2020, 06:58 AM
Okay. Didn't know that. The counties that broke away.......became West Virginia?

Yes

KeithKSR
07-23-2020, 07:00 AM
They became Kentucky

That was prior to the birth of the US.